Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Noe123 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 11 years ago
Another adventure! Asad ki chaddar and Zoya ka dupatta. Chalo, flood se to bach liye. Curious to know how this rescue mission affects their relationship!
..vidhi.. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
that was just SO AWESOMEEE di!!!!!!!!!!!!

mamathasridhar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: bheegi

yes, she did...after all she is an artist. She will have to wait a day to gift it...guess what she has painted?😉

MOther n child ?
..vidhi.. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
ok i am really late this time and its alresdy time for another update😳
Splash-ASYA thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
awesum update.. read it ryt now... it was reallyyy goood...
i liked the part wen asad absent mindedly said ke bhaagne ki toh aadat hai unki.. n then trying to cover up... haha..
lovely ff..
if u do pms then plzz add me also to the pm list..
continue soon..
bheegi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
@ annu...Asad has always had the conflict between mind and heart...that's why he was thankful to Allah for saving her but at the same time he wants to keep a distance from her

Next part coming up guys...thanks for your patience

.Kiran. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
FINALLY! IT was about time man!
bheegi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

PART 18:

"Allah ka lakh shukr hai tum dono sahi salaamat ghar aa gaye," a relieved Dilshaad opened the door.

"Sorry phoophi, baarish ki wajah se wo aapka gift nahin laa payi, aadhe raaste se hi wapas aana padha," Zoya pouted apologetically. Asad gave her an incredulous stare.

"Oh, phir itni der kaise lag gayi?" Dilshaad was confused. It had been almost three hours since Asad had left the house.

"Wo, Ammi, Ms. Farooqui tho ghar pahunch jaati, lekin I got stuck in the rain. She was waiting for me." Asad answered with a straight face.

Zoya lowered here eyes sheepishly. Dilshaad, still baffled, was glad they were home.

"Bhaijaan, Zoya! Main chai banaati hoon. Aap log change kar lee jiye. Bilkul bheeg gaye hain." Najma came forward, "we were so worried about both of you."

Asad and Zoya exchanged glances. While Zoya had gratitude in his eyes, he averted his gaze. Only they knew how harrowing that whole experience had been. They had known each other for such a short time but had shared a multitude of life changing experiences already. Even couples that had been together for years couldn't claim such fame.

"Kya hua Zoya? Aap itni chup kyun hain? Everything okay?" Najma sensed the tension between the two.

"Kuch nahin Najma. I am very wet and cold. Change kar leti hoon. Let me have a quick shower too," Zoya lowered her head and headed towards Najma's room.

Najma had a quizzical expression; Asad just ignored it and headed to his room.

ZOYA'S ROOM:

As if in a trance, she walked in and picked a change of clothes from her bag. Since they parted in Istanbul, she had yearned to see Asad again. There were times when she had wondered why she was so obsessed with meeting him again? Was the phase at the cruise just an infatuation? A fantasy? A crush that would die its natural death after the initial high was over?

Today's incident in the rain validated her inner most thoughts. Zoya had heard people talk about destiny but she never knew how it would play out in real life; she was convinced that Asad was her destiny. She had no regrets about coming to India, lying to her family and lying to his family.

"Meri zindagi ka sirf ek sach hai ab- wo aap hain Mr, Khan aur main is sach ke liye kuch bhi kar sakti hoon," she whispered as she checked her reflection in the mirror. Covered with dirt and water from head to toe, her face glowed with radiance of that realization. The realization of being in love.

"Main nahin jaanti mohabbat kya hoti hai, lekin agar mera dil kehta hai ki Mr, Khan hi meri manzil hain, tho shayad isi ko log mohabbat kehte hain."

As she washed off all the dirt in the shower, she caressed his feel on her skin. No one would ever be able to wash his feel off her body and soul. She smiled and hummed; traced his name with her finger on the fogged glass door…

Asad…

Asad…

Asad….

Asad & Zoya….

Asad and Zoya Ahmed Khan….

She blushed as she wrote the last line; her imagination took her to a world of fantasy and dreams where she was his bride and he, her groom.

Please enjoy this wonderful VM by Diviya on 'sawar loon' from Lootera…

Hawa Ke Jhonke Aaj

Mausamo Se Rooth Gaye,

Ghulo Ki Surkhian,

Jo Bhawre Aa Kke Loot Gaye,

Badal Rahi Hai Aaj Zindgi Ki Chaal Zara,

Isi Bahane Kyu Na Main Bhi Dil Ka Haal Zara,

Sawaar Loon, Haye Sawaar Loon

Sawaar Loon, Haye Sawaar Loon

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x11p4gj#.UevZkZW6iBU

ASAD'S ROOM:

After a shower, he changed into a navy blue kurta-pajama set. Even though he wasn't carrying her on his back anymore, the warmth of her fragrance and skin was still palpable on his body. He touched his neck; were her arms still entwined there? She had become omnipresent.

"What's happening to me? Aisa kyun lag raha hai ki wo abhi bhi mujh se judi huyi hai? It's probably the effect of carrying her in the rain for so long!"

He walked towards the mirror to brush his wet hair. The mirror won't lie, he said to himself.

Phew! It was just his reflection. She wasn't on his back anymore. As he brushed his hair, he heard Zoya's voice behind him.

"Mr. Khan? Kya hua? Kise dhoondh rahe hain?"

Startled, he turned around. There was no one.

He heard her chuckle again, "Mr. Khan, main yahin tho hoon. Aapke paas. Kahan dhoondh rahe hain?"

Asad shut his eyes and shook his head, "lagta hai mujhey bhi ammi ke saath doctor ke yahan jaana padhega. Ya Ms Farooqui se keh doonga, she better find another guesthouse. I can't handle this. I am going crazy! I should go downstairs and give Najma and ammi their gifts. Akele rahoonga tho Ms. Farooqui hi nazar aati rahengi sab jagah!"

He opened his closet to collect his stole. The unwrapped watch sat on a shelf, staring at him. Asad picked the box and smiled, "perhaps, I should surprise her with a gift too. After all it's Eid. Gift de raha hoon, rishta nahin jodh raha hoon."

He pondered for a bit and kept the box back, "nahin yeh gift kaise de sakta hoon unhein? This was a bonus. She doesn't deserve a buy one-get one free kind of gift. Agar unko gift doonga, tho has to be special. Unke laayak." He turned red at that thought and shut the closet door.

IN THE LIVING ROOM:

Everyone had gathered around the coffee table. Once again, he was awestruck by Zoya in a red and white lehnga. Her wet hair had created gentle waves around her shoulders. This NRI girl had a knack to weaken his resolve each time.

Dilshaad noticed the twinkle in her son's eyes. She had always envisioned an arranged marriage for her 'seedha-saadha' son, but she was pleased that her son was noticing this girl; that too someone who had walked into their hearts just a few week ago.

Zoya noticed his gaze on her; she lowered her eyes shyly.

"Bhaijaan! Ab tho eidi de deejiye! Shaam ki dawat ka bhi time ho gaya hai." An impatient Najma stomped on her feet.

Asad came out of his trance and gave a mischievous smile to Najma, "Yeh lo," he handed her an envelope.

"Yeh kya hai? Najma was perplexed, "bhaijaan mujhey real gift chaahiye. Yeh saada envelope-ismein kya ho sakta hai?"

"Nikaah ka proposal hai tumhare liye," he pulled her leg.

"BHAIJAAN!"

'Achcha dekh tho lo tamatar!"

'EIDI CHAI KE BAAD MILEGI' The note said.

"Uffo! Bhaijaan! Yeh rahi chai," she turned around to pour the tea but was pleasantly surprised to see a gift-wrapped box next to the kettle.

"YA ALLAH! BHAIJAAN! AAP BHI NA!" Najma jumped with joy and started opening her present.

"No tamatar! Pehle chai!" Asad teased his sister and picked his cup of tea.

Najma was ecstatic to see the new designer watch.

"I love it bhaijaan! It's beautiful." She tied it around her wrist and admired the gift.

Asad gave her a hug and kissed her forehead, "just like my tamatar! It's not as round though." He teased her again.

"Ammi! Dekho bhaijaan hamesha mere weight ko lekar mazaak karte rehte hain."

Zoya was amused by their banter; happy that her Mr. Khan also had a sense of humor.

"Ammi, yeh aapke liye." Asad handed the second box to Dilshaad. Dilshaad was happy to see the vintage collection of Bollywood movies, "lagta hai bimaari mein entertainment ki kami kabhie nahin hogi."

"Ammi, aap jald hi theek ho jaayengi. Allah se meri yahi dua hai." He hugged his mother affectionately.

Dilshaad handed three beautiful handwritten letters to Asad, Najma and Zoya, "mere paas waise dene ko kuch nahin hai. In letters mein tum teeno ke liye meri duaaein aur khwaishein hain. In letters ko sambhal ke rakhna. Mere jaane ke baad bhi yeh tumhare saath rahenge."

"Shukriya ammi," a tearful Najma hugged her mother, "aap kahin nahin jaa rahi hain. Agle saal bhi hum sab Eid saath hi manaaenge."

Zoya was touched by Najma's prophecy. She just wished 'InshaAllah' and smiled silently

Asad cleared his throat at Najma's comment and glanced at Zoya, "hum sab?"

"Haan bahijaan! Ammi ko kuch nahin hoga."

"I mean- Ms Farooqui-aap tho America chali jaayengi na tab tak?" Asad asked.

Zoya's face fell but quickly came back with a retort, "Mr. Khan, I can always fly in for Eid. Ab main duniya ke kisi bhi kaune mein kyun na ho, Eid hamesha aap logon ke saath hi manaaungi."

"Really Zoya?" Najma hugged her new best friend.

"Of course tamatar!" Zoya flashed a smile at Asad behind Najma's back, "yeh mera vaada raha."

Dilshaad caressed Zoya's face, "InshaAllah! Meri bhi yahi khwaish hai Zoya."

Asad found himself cornered by three women. He just walked away and sat down on the couch. He was beginning to get a sense of Dilshaad's intentions.

"Asad, kuch bhool rahe ho tum?" Dilshaad raised her eyebrows.

"Kya ammi?"

"Ek aur eidi? Zoya ki eidi kahan hai?"

"Oh-wo-wo-actually," he stuttered. Zoya sensed his predicament. She came forward, "phoophi! Mr. Khan ko kahan pata tha ki main bhi yahan hoon. Koi baat nahin agli Eid par zaroor le aaenge."

He felt blood rush up to his face. In his heart, he wanted her statement to come true but his mind tried to convince him otherwise.

"Ammi. Main zara terrace par jaata hoon. Let me check the damage to the neighborhood. Baarish bhi bandh ho gayi hai. I will be down for dinner in a few minutes." Asad headed to the stairway.

The three women glanced at each other and walked towards the kitchen.

ON THE TERRACE:

Asad stared down at the puddles of water around their neighborhood. His car tires were still submerged in water but a significant amount of water had receded.

He gazed at the reflection of the moon in the puddles and sighed.

"Just because I can see the reflection of the moon, doesn't mean it's real." Zoya's angelic face flashed across his eyes- she was like the moon in the reflection- visible but unreachable. He sighed and then looked up in the sky. The clouds had cleared. The crescent shaped moon was smiling down at him. It reminded him of her smile. He smiled back and sighed.

"Kya dekh rahe hain Mr. Khan?"

He was startled to hear her voice behind his back

"AAP HAR JAGAH KAISE AA JAATI HAIN?" He thought he was hallucinating again. He turned around in anger but was shocked to see her standing there.

Zoya was stunned by his burst of temper.

"I-I-am sorry Mr. Khan. Main tho aapko dinner ke liye bulaane aayi thi. Itna naaraaz kyun ho rahe hain?"

He shut his eyes and scratched his forehead, "wo-wo-aap nahin samjhengi."

"Aapko mere yahan rehne se pareshaani ho rahi hai Mr. Khan?" She tried her best to hide her tears but her shaky voice gave her away.

"No-I-didn't mean it that way. Aap-yahan reh sakti hain. Ammi and Najma like your company. Aap bas mujh se door rahiye."

"Lekin main jaan boojh kar aapke paas nahin aati Mr. Khan. I can't help it. It seems like there is some other force that keeps forcing us to be together."

"I don't believe in such crap Ms. Farooqui. Aapne khud hi kaha tha ki aap meri wajah se yahan aayi hain."

"Lekin aaj college tho aap khud aaye the. I didn't ask you to rescue me. I could have stayed in the college all night."

"Aap ghar ki mehmaan hain," he crossed his hands behind his back, "aur aaj Eid ke din mehmaan ko saath hi hona chaahiye."

'And if it was not Eid today? Would you have left me at the college?"

She had stumped him once again. He knew the answer to that question but couldn't say it.

"Ms. Farooqui. You are very nave. Main aapko pehle bhi keh chuka hoon, we are very different people and not meant to be together."

"Aapne pehle tho kabhie nahin kaha Mr. Khan," she chuckled, "that means you have thought about us in that way?"

He kicked himself for the faux pas.

"I-I mean- we belong to two different worlds. Aapka aur mera koi muqabla nahin hai. Two parallel lines can never meet."

"Unless the lines decide to change their directions a bit. Kabhie na kabhie tho milengi na phir?"

"I don't want to discuss geometry with you Ms Farooqui. Waise bhi aap-aap –wo Anwar maamu ke relation mein hain." He averted his gaze and looked down at the puddles.

"Anwar jeeju? Unse kya matlab?"

"It's a long story but essentially, ammi doesn't want to be in touch with any of her family. They are her past. Bahut takleef hogi unko. I can't afford to lose my ammi."

"Lekin Mr. Khan, aap tho jeeju se miley hain na. He is such a nice man. He really hit it off with you. I really don't understand aap kya kehna chaah rahe hain. Does that mean I am just not a trouble maker or a NRI brat for you? Maybe aapko mere liye kuch feelings hain?"

"What rubbish!"

"Tho itne bahaane kyun banaa rahe hain mujh se door jaane ke liye? Can't we just be friends? Rishta nahin jodh rahi hoon aapse. sirf friendship ka haath badhaa rahi hoon. Aap tho bahut aage ki soch rahe hain Mr. Khan."

She held her hand in a handshake position.

He turned around and saw her outstretched palm. He glanced upwards in her eyes and then at her palm.

"Handshake karne mein ghabraa rahe hain Mr. Khan? Din mein tho apni back par uthaa kar laaye the. You are very unpredictable Mr. Khan." She laughed.

"Okay," cautiously he placed his palm in her hand and gazed into her eyes, "we can try and become friends."

She smiled at him; her radiance sent a warm and fuzzy feeling in him.

It was no ordinary handshake. An electric thrill trekked down their spines as their hands met. Their eyes were locked in an extended exchange of silent emotions. Neither spoke nor withdrew their hand. Like the days on the cruise, the piggyback ride back home and now this handshake, their unsaid intimacy spoke an entirely different language that their spoken words didn't recognize.

LATER THAT NIGHT:

Zoya called her aapi and chatted with her at length. She updated her on her stint in India and her stay with Asad's family.

"Aapi, I think I am in love."

"Zoya! MashaAllah! Mujhey pehle hi pata tha ki tum dono mein kuch chakkar hai. Lekin Zoya, kya Asad tumhare liye theek ladka hai?"

"Kyun aapi?"

"Mera matlab hai ki kya uski family tumhein accept karegi? Kya abbu Asad ki family ko accept karenge?"

"What's the problem, aapi? Aap sab log kya chupa rahe hain mujhse?"

"Kuch nahin..kuch nahin- wo bas status aur desh…you know kaafi differences hain na?" Aapi hesitated, "lo jeeju se baat kar lo."

"Eid mubarak Zoya!" Anwar's cheerful voice at the other end was welcome change from aapi's rant. She couldn't believe her aapi would have such old fashioned views.

"Eid Mubarak jeeju. Yeh kya keh rahi hain aapi?"

"Even I don't understand Zoya. Tum apne dil ki suno. Baaki sab nazar andaaz kar do."

"Mr. Khan mentioned that his ammi is not in touch with her family. Is that true? And if yes, why?"

There was a long pause.

"Jeeju! Jeeju!"

"Yeah Zoya. I haven't been in touch with Dilshaad aapi in a long time. Mujhey itna pata hai ki unke shauhar se unka separation ho gaya tha. After that incident, she just retreated from the whole family. I really don't know the details but tum chinta na karo. Your jeeju will always support you. If you like the Navy man, pursue him and don't give up. He is a gem of a person."

Ziya blushed on the other line, "I know jeeju. He is a gem but only for my eyes!"

"Ya Allah! Yeh ladki tho possessive bhi ho gayi! Chalo- shabba khair. It must be late in India. Remember to dream about your gem."

"Fikr not jeeju!" A sleepless Zoya hung up and sighed deeply, "pata lagaana padhega ki phoophi ke past mein kya hua tha? Mr. Khan itna faasla kyun rakhna chaahte hain mujhse?"

…to be contd….

zoas91 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2

loved the chapter! waiting to know what asad will gift zoya if not the watch!

Edited by zoas91 - 11 years ago
delena90 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Yaaay you updated! Loved the struggle between heart and mind for Asad. Frankly more than the AsYa interaction I loved Najma and her Bhaijaan. I wish we could see more of them on the show.

Keep writing Sangeeta. This honestly is my favourite story on IF :)