Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bheegi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: kaussar

Loved the Update... so as usual, Asad and Zo have started their bickering the moment they met... but here you have made a role reversal - Zo being very rich and Asad not so well off.. wonder how that will affect their relationship in the future and wonder what's ahead for them in the cruise ship..Hope we will get another update soon.. Thanks for the PM.😃

Thanks kaussar. yeah, they do thave some differences from the show and in fact, Zoya has more learning to do in this story than Asad

bheegi thumbnail

Originally posted by: sophiya_92

I have heard a lot about your writing😊
Loved the start..please continue soon, would be waiting to read it😃

Thanks sophiya...hope all you have heard is good😉
bheegi thumbnail

Originally posted by: ..vidhi..

fabulous update...continue soon...

Thanks Vidhi...next update coming up
bheegi thumbnail

PART 3:

The views from the balcony of her ocean view suite were breathtaking. The ship had started sailing; Zoya's heart fluttered with nervous excitement, it all looked surreal. Was she dreaming? Was she really away from home, in the middle of nowhere?

"Wow! This is so beautiful." She shut her eyes and inhaled the scents of the warm, misty air, "agar jahan mein kahin jannat hai, tho wo ayahn hai." She loved the water, but her abbu had restricted her access to any water activities or sailing on a boat. He had some inexplicable fear of drowning. Water had always made him nervous; she thanks Allah that abbu wasn't there on the ship with her.

"Yeh baar baar mein abbu ke baare mein kyun soch ne lag jaati hoon?" She shook her head angrily, but felt guilty as she thought of her dadijaan, "wo log kya soch rahe hongey? Mujhey dhoond tho rahe hongey. Abbu ko ab ehsaas hoga ki wo mere liye har faisla nahin le sakte. Akhir yeh meri zindagi hai. Ab main apni zindagi khud apni tarah jeeoongi. Ek baar aapi se mil loon, phir ghar wapas chali jaaoongi." At least she realized that ultimately she would have to go back where she came from, but not before experiencing the world!

She twirled back into her cabin; threw her high-heeled sandals in a corner and plunked herself on the bed. Her bags were scattered on the floor; she had no desire to empty them and arrange her clothes in the wood paneled closets. Organization and neatness were not her forte, either dadijaan or a maid had always taken care of belongings, but she could care less now that she was enjoying this newfound freedom. As she lay on the soft covers; staring at the beautiful ceiling with artistic molding, the beautiful chandelier, she felt a little home sick again. Luxury was not alien to her, but a part of her felt as if she were cheating someone. In her mind, she justified her actions, "agar mujh par itni restrictions nahin hoti, tho main kabhie aisa najin karti!" Her friends back home often spoke about their adventures, shopping trips, beach vacations, spring flings etc; now it was her turn to experience all those.

To change her mood, she decided to step out of her cabin and check out the rest of the ship. She changed into a red sleeveless blouse-something her abbu would never approve of- and white capri pants. After admiring herself in the mirror, she stepped out with her shoulder length hair left loose, diamond danglers, bracelet, high heels and designer bag. Feeling very 'European' and 'chic,' she stepped out on the top floor deck. A large swimming pool in the center was already making splashes with a number of passengers lounging inside or sunbathing under the warm Mediterranean sun.

There were a lot of couples, may be on their honeymoon or just in love, shamelessly making out in the pool and other areas. Zoya felt a little out of place, as she was not used to such open display of affection in the US. She had heard that Europeans were very comfortable and open about their relationships and did not hesitate to hug, kiss and make out in public places.

After averting her eyes from a couple who couldn't get enough of each other, she found a lounge chair in a corner. Feeling a bit isolated, she craved to see a familiar face; someone she could relate to or chat with.

At a distance, Asad Ahmed Khan, the Indian officer on board chatted with a group of sailors and ship officers. It was quite an international crew; they exchanged notes about their own experiences on the cruise ship. This was Asad's first experience to work on a civilian ship; he was intrigued by their conversation and how they would all have to lower their expectations to cater to the whims and fancies of the passengers. He scratched his forehead as he recalled the Indian girl from the lobby; he wasn't looking forward to any more interactions with her. "Tehzeeb naam ko bhi nahin hai us ladki mein. Hope I don't see her on the ship again."

He almost fell off the step on the deck, when he saw the 'badtameez ladki' sitting all alone in the corner. She seemed lonely and lost despite the large crowd. Asad tried to look away, but his gaze kept rolling back to her. Soon, his anger vanished; he felt sorry for her. Was she really alone on the ship? Perhaps, he would try to strike another conversation with her. "Aur kuch nahin tho koi apni bhaasha bolne waala hi mil jaayega mujhey."

"Excuse me!" He nodded gently to his colleagues and started walking towards Zoya.

At the same time, Zoya got up and walked towards the end of the deck. She had talked herself into an optimistic mood and had decided to enjoy herself rather than mope around on this beautiful ship. She leaned against the railing and spread out her arms, like Rose from the movie 'Titanic.' Zoya shut her eyes and laughed; the fresh breeze from the sea blew her hair gently, as she felt like a bird soaring in the sky.

Asad watched her from a distance. Her smile captivated him for a few seconds; her child-like innocence sent a warm and fuzzy feeling down his chest.

"Feels good, doesn't it?" He came closer and whispered.

As if someone had woken her up from a dream, she frowned and opened her eyes, "AAP?"

"Are you ok?"

"How does it matter to you Mr…uh..uh," she checked his name tag again, "Mr. Khan?"

"Yes, Ms Farooqui. It doesn't matter to me at all. I just happen to be on duty here and I think it's not very safe to lean against the railing like this, unless you are a good swimmer."

"Mujhey swimming aati ho ya na aati ho, aapko kya matlab?" She darted back angrily.

"Passenger's safety is our first priority Ms Farooqui." He replied sternly, kicking himself for initiating a conversation with Ms. Foul-mouth, not Farooqui.

"I think I can take care of myself officer. Please take care of your other passengers. Main independent ladki hoon, apna bura-bhala samajhti hoon!"

"Yes, of course," Asad removed his cap and turned around to leave. Zoya realized that without the cap, his hair blew in the breeze giving him a boyish charm. He was perhaps much younger than she had originally imagined. There was no doubt that he was quite a looker; she could have mistaken him for a Spaniard had he not opened his mouth.

She scoffed herself for noticing such things, "Zoya, come to your senses! He is just like any other Indian man, chauvinistic and judgmental!" After he left, Zoya walked towards the bar area and decided to order something.

"What would you like Senorita?" the bar tender asked her.

Zoya had no idea what to order. Of course, she wouldn't dare order a soft drink here. Her favorite character, Carrie Bradshaw from 'Sex and the City,' always ordered a 'Cosmopolitan.'

"One Cosmopolitan," she ordered confidently.

"Cigarette?" A fellow passenger asked.

"Sure," she acted nonchalant and pulled out a stick from the box, "gracias!" She thanked him in Spanish.

"De nada!" The man replied and walked away with a smile.

Feeling confident and all grown up, she settled down on a chair and sipped her drink. "Ya Allah! Kitni kadvi hai yeh drink?" She frowned and made a sour face. "Kuch tho special hai is drink mein jo itney log peete hain," she decided to keep drinking; even if tasted worse than the bitterest medicine she had ever tasted.

Next, she placed the cigarette on her lips, trying to appear cool and hip, just like in the movies. What next? She didn't have a lighter, she thought. A flame in front of her face stunned her. She looked up and saw Asad with a lighter. His face was stern, with his jaws clenched but he held the lighter close to her.

"Thanks," she averted her gaze and took a big puff. She started coughing and hacking as soon as the smoke touched her delicate throat. Asad returned the lighter to the passenger he had borrowed it from.

"Jab in buri cheezon ki aadat nahin hai, tho kyun kar rahi hain yeh aap?" Asad asked angrily.

"Excuse me! Who said I was not used to this? Wo bas mera gala thoda kharaab ho raha hai." His piercing gaze made it hard for her to look him in the eye.

"Ghar se bhaag kar aayi ho?" His nostrils flared.

She was startled at his question, "wh-what do you mean? I am here on vacation. Can you please excuse me now officer. Aapka kaam sirf passengers ka dhyaan dena hai, not to probe into their personal lives," she left her drink and cigarette, picked her bag and stomped towards the elevator.

"That is what I am doing Ms Farooqui!" He followed her to the elevator, "waise is ship par aur bhi bahut entertaining cheezein hain, just drinking and smoking are not the only fun things here." For some reason, he had an urge to protect her from the vices of the world; he felt responsible. He could tell, she was a misguided young girl, and it wouldn't take long for someone to take advantage of her on the ship.

"Can I decide for myself, what I like and what I don't?" She snapped back.

"Of course you can. Shareef ghar ki Muslim ladkiyon ko yeh sab shobha nahin deta hai. I am sure your parents wouldn't approve of all this."

"Listen Mr Khan! YOU ARE NOT MY PARENT! YOU JUST WORK ON THIS SHIP. JUST STICK TO YOUR JOB AND DON'T INTERFERE IN MY LIFE!" She took the elevator to her cabin.

Asad stayed back and clenched his fists in anger, "na jaane kaise parents hain iske? Akele kaise bhej diya? I am sure she has run away from home! Badtameez ladki!"

Back in her room, she threw her bag on her bed angrily, "yeh junior abbu se kaise paala padh gaya mera? I hate this man! Why can't he mind his own business?"

…..to be continued…

rennie thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
good one...zoya is really acting like the spoilt brat, asad calls her in the show...
Livingfree thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

This is fab 👍🏼 Loved their interaction

bheegi thumbnail

Originally posted by: rennie

good one...zoya is really acting like the spoilt brat, asad calls her in the show...<div></div>

Thanks Rennie. Yeah, zoya has a lot of learn in this ff. asad is more grounded.
NVBGKY thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Great chapter, I can see the draw for Zoya to try and behave completely differently from her upbringing, and that is why she is trying alcohol and smoking. Hopefully she realizes that freedom is not only about doing those things but living life by your own set of values.
Looking forward to the next update.
bheegi thumbnail

Originally posted by: s120

This is fab 👍🏼Loved their interaction

Thanks s120. Asya interactions have to be dhamaakedaar:)
sakshiA thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
read two parts in one go and both are awesome.
zoya is such a kid, she acted like a brat but she failed.
liked asad's cares towards her.
cont soon.