Frequent Posters

immigreat54 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
hey, long time no update, han😉
cherryfrasier thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Wow. The best i have ever read. You had me glued. Please continue and do let me know when you do please.

Thanks
.Kiran. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
It's been 24 days since you updated:( I've waited for so long. I can't wait anymore:(
Edited by ..Kirann.. - 11 years ago
malikazmi91 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
I have read ur ff in one go n its above super awesome please update soon n please pm me when u update
Jasleenkaur01 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Just read ur ff in one go...AsYa moments r so beautiful...the story is awesm... Pls update soon n do pm me.. Pls give me links to ur other ff's as i would love to read them...
Linsie thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2
😃

Word Count: 1

bheegi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
For all my patient readers...here you go...love you all

PART 14:

Zoya made herself comfortable in Asad's room. She checked out every little detail; she felt that the time spent with him on the cruise gave her the right to Asad and his belongings.

His closet and bathroom were just like him- neat, simple, organized and welcoming. She felt the need to caress and touch everything he might have laid his hands on. His clothes, towel and his razor- just as sharp and masculine as him brought back memories of his touch, fragrance and his presence.

"Wow Mr. Khan! I can't believe I am here. In your room-in your bathroom-in your life!" Lost in his thoughts, she dozed off on his bed. She woke up with a startle, "Uffo! 3 baj gaye? Ya Allah! Phoophi must be wondering where I am."

Without bothering about the mess she had made in his room, she zoomed down the stairs, unfazed by her 'sprain' or supposed discomfort.

Dilshaad was watching a music program on the TV, "Oh Zoya? Lagta hai moch kaafi theek hai ab, haina?"

"Yes, of course phoophi," Zoya bit her lip, "rest aur gharelu nuskhe ka kamaal hai!" She chuckled sheepishly.

"Beshak! Achcha kuch khaaogi beti?"

"Nahin phoophi, mujhey bhookh nahin hai," but changed her mind, 'par aapke haath ka banaa khaana hai tho zaroor kha loongi."

"Main aaj kal khaana nahin bana paati," Dilshaad's smile faded, "Najma hi roz morning mein banaa kar rakh jaati hai."

"Oh don't worry phoophi. Aisa koi kaam nahin hai jo Zoya Farooqui nahin kar sakti!" Zoya pressed Dilshaad's arm, "when I move in, I will make sure I cook for you."

"Achcha? Yeh tho bahut badhiya baat hogi. America mein rehkar bhi tumney khaana banana seekh liya? That's is very impressive!" Dilshaad admired her NRI guest.

Zoya bit her tongue for putting her foot in her mouth again. She pondered, 'ab main kya karoongi? Mujhey tho cooking ki ABC bhi nahin aati. Ya Allah! I will have to download some recipes from the net."

After a delicious home made lunch, Dilshaad settled down to watch her daily soaps, "Zoya beta, ek cup chai banaakar pilaado. Bahut mann kar raha hai."

Zoya got up with a smile, "sure phoophi! You will love my chai!"

Her heart fluttered nervously as she walked towards the kitchen. She had never once entered the kitchen in her life. Even chai was going to be a big challenge. Her iPad was in the living room. It would look odd to search 'how to make tea' and she didn't want to raise any suspicion. Thankfully, she had her phone on her.

"Hello! Dadijaan?" Zoya spoke softly on her mobile, "sorry aapko itni raat ko jagaa diya--nahin sab theek hai--yeh bataaiye chai kaise banaate hain? I know--I know itni raat ko aapko disturb nahin karna chahiye tha--but it is an emergency dadijaan—please---Ok bataiye." Zoya noted down the instructions on a tissue paper and thanked her grandmother.

After following dadi's instructions, she searched for the sugar.

"Hmm. I bet this will be the best chai phoophi has ever tasted. She will love it! After all Zoya ne banayi hai," she gloated inwardly.

She found a jar with a white colored powder, "Hmm. I bet yahi hogi sugar," she took 2 tsp of the white powder from a small jar. (If you guys are aware, the consistency of sugar in the US and in India is very different-it is very coarse in India, but fine-almost salt like in the US.)

After a few minutes, she walked in with a tray; Dilshaad was very impressed with Zoya's manners and etiquette, "beti, lagta hai kisi achche khandaan se ho? Kaun kaun hai tumhare ghar par?"

"Bas main, mere Abbu aur meri dadi jaan…" Zoya said as she handed the cup to Dilshaad.

"Dadijaan?"

"Haan…meri dadi- she is my everything you know. That's why I call her my jaan! Ammi ke baad unhone hi meri dekh rekh ki hai." Zoya lowered her head to hide her tears.

"I am sorry beta. Main samajh sakti hoon ki ammi ki bahut yaad aati hogi."

Zoya sat down at Dilshaad's feet and smiled at her, 'Phoophi , aap bhi tho meri ammi jaisi hain."

"Kyun nahin?" Dilshaad stroked Zoya's hair affectionately, "aaj se tum meri doosri beti jaisi hi ho."

"Thanks phoophi," Zoya lay her head in Dilshaad's lap.

As soon as Dilshaad sipped her tea, she spit it out, "YEH KYA HAI? Kya daal diya tumney? Kahin namak tho nahin? Ya Allah! Zoya tumney galti se shayad shakkar ki jagah namak daal diya."

Zoya's eyes popped out of their globes. She covered her mouth with her palms, "oh no! I am so sorry phoophi. I-I-I had no idea," she started sobbing. She thought she had blown it. Her chances of staying there and being close to Asad were all going to be busted because of her eagerness to please his mother.

"That's ok Zoya," Dilshaad was surprised at her reaction, "ismein rone ki kya baat hai? Galti kisi se bhi ho sakti hai. After all, you are not used to our kitchen."

Dilshaad's words made it harder to conceal the truth.

"Phoophi. I lied to you," she hung her head with shame.

"Kaisa jhooth?" Dilshaad raised her eyebrow.

"I really don't know how to cook. Hamare ghar mein naukar ya dadi jaan hi cook karti hain. I have never stepped inside a kitchen."

Her innocence and honesty melted Dilshaad's heart, "koyi baat nahin beti.Yeh tho bahut achchi baat hai ki tumney mujhey sach bataa diya. Sach bolna sabke bas ki baat nahin hoti. I hate lies and hate liars," she became serious and sighed, "only the brave can speak the truth!"

Zoya wiped her tears and squeezed Dilshaad's hands, "you are the best phoophi. Can I request something?"

"Bolo?"

"Can you teach me how to cook?"

"Yeh bhi koi poochne ki baat hai? Of course, main kitchen me zyaada der khadi nahin ho sakti lekin main instructions tho de sakti hoon na?" Dilshaad chuckled, "by the way what's your favorite dish?"

"Nahin pehle main aap sab ki favorite dishes learn karoongi."

"Kitne achche sanskar hain tum mein," Dilshaad praised her again, "waise hamare yahan khaane ka shaukeen tho sirf Asad hai. Najma and I are not that particular."

"Oh!" Zoya's eyes twinkled at that statement, "waise, wo- I mean- Mr. Khan- what does he like? I mean what's his favorite food?"

"Bahut lambi list hai baba," Dilshaad chuckled, "jab wo aayega, tab bataa doongi."

She didn't want to sound too nosey about Asad; Zoya nodded her head obediently, "ok phoophi. Jaisa aap theek samjhein."

They spent some more time chit chatting; Dilshaad supervised Zoya while she prepared another cup of tea for the both of them.

"Perfect! This time you nailed it Zoya," Dilshaad savored her cup of tea.

A little later, Zoya took leave from Dilshaad to pick her bags from the Bilawal uncle's residence, "nahin phoophi. Najma ko taqleef kyon deti hain? I am feeling better. Taxi se chali jaaoongi." Zoya didn't want Najma to take her to the Ali's residence- "sab bhaanda phoot jaayega," she thought.

At Bilawal uncle's, she had another story fabricated for them, "Chaachoo, the art school is insisting that I stay in the hostel. We have very early morning classes. Kabhie kabhie bahut late bhi ho jaati hain classes. I am sure you don't want me to be traveling in the dark, haina chachoo?"

"Lekin beti main Ghafoor ko kya kahoonga?"

"Don't tell him chachoo. Abbu ko tho worry karne ki aadat hai. Why bother him, haina?"

Bilawal bought her story; her innocent face looked so earnest in it's request that he didn't have the heart to say no.

"I promise I will call you everyday chaachoo," Zoya ran with her bags before Bilawal could change his mind.

ABOARD AN INDIAN NAVY SHIP NEAR ANDAMAN:

It had been a tough month aboard the ship. Asad barely had time for himself. His weekly calls home were his only respite. At night, when he had a few spare moments, he often stood at the deck and stared at the stars. Even though it had been a few weeks since the Mediterranean cruise, memories from those eventful days and nights were etched in his mind. If he had a replay button for memories, he would have damaged it by now.

"Wonder if she sees the same stars as I do," he mumbled to himself as Zoya's mischievous smile flashed through his mind. He smacked his forehead and shook his head, "am I going crazy? Why am I thinking of her? Wo ab US mein hogi. I bet she has forgotten everything. Even I didn't want her to stay in touch with me. Kahan wo, kahan main? Yeh faasle jab door nahin ho sakte, tho phir kyun uske baare mein sochta rehta hoon?"

"Hey dude!" Arjun, another navy officer slapped his back, "you love star gazing, don't you? I often see you here at night."

"Uh?" Asad came out of his trance, "oh Arjun? Hey, what's up?"

"Something about you has changed dude."

"What do you mean?" Asad brushed off his friend's concerns.

"Come on man! I have known you since we were in the Naval Aacdemy. I have never seen you so lost. Kahin ishq-wishq ka chakkar tho nahin hai?"

Asad turned red, "w-what?" He averted his gaze and laughed at his friend's suggestion, "pagal hai kya?"

"Tho taare kyun ginta rehta hai yaar?"

"Wo-wo," Asad's smile faded, "just worried about ammi you know."

"Jhooth mat bol yaar!"

"Why would I lie? You know ammi is sick."

"Last week jab call kiya tha tho keh raha tha she is better and you promised me that you will stay positive about auntie and not mope around." Arjun whined, "she will be fine dude! Have faith!"

"I know man," Asad placed his arm around his best friend's shoulder, "chal let's hit the sack. I promise I will not worry."

"Good!" Arjun smiled back and gave him a fist bump.

Asad felt bad about lying to his friend. They had always shared all their secrets with each other but Zoya was a secret or rather a beautiful dream that deserved to stay hidden in a corner of his heart; no one would ever find out about her.

MUMBAI:

Zoya had moved in with the Khans and a month went by in a breeze. She was almost a member of the family now- she helped in cooking, cleaning, taking care of Dilshaad after her chemotherapy sessions. Zoya and Najma had become good friends. Zoya treated Najma like her younger sister, and was very protective about her.

Zoya's chirpy and vivacious personality was welcome in the Khan household. The last few months, the family had gone through a lot of grief with Dilshaad's diagnosis. Zoya was the perfect antidote to Dilshaad's ailments. Dilshaad felt less depressed after her chemo sessions, as Zoya was always there to cheer her up.

The doctors were very happy with the progress Dilshaad was making and even contemplated postponing the curative bone marrow transplant treatment for now.

Every so often, Zoya sat in the patio with her sketchpad and drew whatever she saw or imagined at that moment. Dilshaad critiqued her work just like she would have done with her students at the art school. They spent hours discussing her projects; Zoya had never met a lady like Dilshaad before- elegant, smart, cultured, affectionate and educated. She idolized Dilshaad and thanked Allah for the day she met Asad on the cruise. She was no longer Mr. Khan's ammi that she had to impress; she was her best friend, her guardian, her philosopher and idol.

TRING! TRING!

It was the phone

"Zoya beta zara phone tho uthaana." Dilshaad yelled from the kitchen.

Zoya picked the phone, and before she could say anything, she heard the familiar deep and husky voice, "Hello! Kaun ammi? Najma? Hello!Hello!"

Her heart came to a stand still; her jaw dropped; she was speechless. It was Asad- yes, her Mr. Khan and she could barely speak. She hadn't heard from him since the cruise but his voice was deeply embedded in her heart; how could she not recognize him? Earlier in the month whenever he had called, she had been out in the market or at the art school. Today was her lucky day but her lips were zipped into silence.

"Kaun hai beti?" Dilshaad came forward and took the phone from Zoya, "Beta Asad? Oh wo-hamari nayi mehmaan hai. Haan wo kuch boli nahin--shayad tumhari awaaz nahin pehchaani hogi. Really beta? Eid ki chutti manzoor ho gayi? Chaar din ke liye? Bas? Koyi baat nahin. Tumhare saath ek-ek din bahut haseen hota hai beta. I am so happy." Dilshaad hung up and was very excited about her son coming home for Eid.

Zoya was in seventh heaven. Asad- Mr Khan was going to be home in a few days! She had been waiting for this day and now that her wait was almost over, she didn't know how to react. Phoophi was right- each day with him would be so beautiful and 'haseen.'

On the other line, Asad stared at the phone for a while. "wo phone par kaun tha? Mujhey aisa kyon laga ki wo saansein bahut jaani pehchaani si thi."

Here is a dream sequence as Zoya twirls around Asad's room in anticipation of his arrival:

Ranjha jogi jogi jaise ban gaya

Mann mauji mauji jaise tan gaya (x2)

Uljhan uljhan hai kaisi

Suljhe naa uljhan aisi

Ishq hai kaisi peheli, peheli (x2)

Ishq di galiyaan, phoolon di ladiyaan

Khushboo di lapate uthein

Chal udd ke hawaon ke pare hum mile

Pare hum milein...

Main na bhool paaun tujhe

Kaise bhool jaaun tujhe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIi5cNWsHA8

…to be continued…..

fluffy21 thumbnail
Beautiful update, had been waiting for it. You write so well, describing the characters emotions so intricately, I feel like I am watching the scene play in front of me.
Looking forward to the next chapter. It seems that Zoya and Asad meet again soon. Will we learn more about their back stories and will that be a point of conflict ?
.Kiran. thumbnail
HOLLLYYY!! I JUST GOT HOME! FINALLY! IT WAS ABOUT TIME!
.Kiran. thumbnail
I knew you were gunna make him call but Zoya won't say anything. AHHH This was just beautiful. Had been waiting forever! Love Zoya and Dilshaad's bonding. No surprises she got well along withe family!:D That phone call scene has to be the best<3 Asad thinks she probably has forgotten about him, but little does he know he's the only one she thinks about and she stays in his house just for him. He'll be coming home for Eid. OH MY GOD! This is so awesome. This time don't take so long please. & make 'em meet in next update. agfavjkgbfa im so excited. UPDATE VERY SOON!