Thanks Tanya...padhai karo tab tak πŸ˜†
-Shormi- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
da last 2 uds were simply amazing bheegiπŸ‘
wai8in 4 their romantic dance😳

cheezluver98 thumbnail
Awesome update. Asad and Zoya's feelings are so palpable!!! Eagerly waiting for the next update!!!!!!!!!! πŸ˜† 😊
Edited by cheezluver98 - 11 years ago
bheegi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: ras224

da last 2 uds were simply amazing bheegiπŸ‘
wai8in 4 their romantic dance😳

thanks ras...update coming up
bheegi thumbnail

Originally posted by: cheezluver98

Awesome update. Asad and Zoya's feelings are so palpable!!! Eagerly waiting for the next update!!!!!!!!!! πŸ˜† 😊

thanks cheezluver...update coming up
bheegi thumbnail

PART 9

Asad wandered off towards the shopping floor to pick gifts for his ammi and Najma. They were his world, his reality. His adventures with Ms. Farooqui were just a small detour in the journey of life and he was determined to get back on track.

He purchased a beautiful orange scarf for Najma- her favorite color and a black Italian hand woven shawl for his ammi. "Ammi apne liye tho kabhie kuch khareed ti nahin hain. I am sure she will like this."

As he walked out of the store, more composed, he received a message on his pager. "All cruise officers at the deck. Captain is throwing a party for the passengers and all officers need to be present, in uniform."

He was tired, his body ached for a nap, but he was not one to disobey an order.

There was also a sign at the main desk: "Please join the captain and his officers for a special talent show tonight

Any one who has any talent to show case is welcome to participate"

"Talent show?" Asad raised an eyebrow, "interesting. On this ship, probably who can get drunk the fastest or gamble the most," he though cynically.

AT THE DECK:

A festive atmosphere was in full flow at the deck. Asad, a home body at heart, squirmed at the sight of crowd that had gathered that evening. Women dressed in backless, short dresses, some dressed more formally, good-looking European men and officers from the cruise all mingled freely. The air was thick with the aroma of alcohol and cigars, offered free to all the officers that night. Asad declined both, instead walked around with hands in his pocket. His eyes wandered around, as if in search of someone, but quickly he dismissed her thoughts, "why would she be here? Talent show? Yeah, right!"

To his surprise, there were some passengers who took the talent show seriously; rehearsing in a corner- either singing, tuning an instrument, practicing some dance steps, or practicing a stand up routine.

At one end of the deck, he was intrigued by a large corkboard with drawings and paintings.

He admired some of the artwork, "people do really have talent here." As he strolled with his hands in his pocket, a sketch caught his attention. It was a caricature but looked really familiar. It was a man's face with distinctive features. A big grin, dimples on the cheeks, a long nose and a twinkle in the eyes, "Yeh jaana pehchana sa lag raha hai" He caressed his forehead with his finger, "kahan dekha hai aisa sketch?"

"Pehchana inhein?" A tap on his shoulder and a familiar voice startled him. He looked behind and for a second, was taken by the tall Indian woman in the red halter neck, knee length dress. Even though, he wasn't a big fan of western wear for Muslim women, he couldn't deny the fact that she looked absolutely ravishing in that color and dress.

"Ms Farooqui, aap?" He averted his gaze; afraid to let it linger too long on her beautiful face and attractive neck. He glanced back at the sketch- the 'Z' signature at the bottom was distinctive. He recalled it from her sketchbook. He stared at the drawing and instantly knew who the man in the drawing was.

"Oh..tho aap bhi talent show mein participate kar rahi hain?" He was touched by her effort but acted nonchalant, "do you really think is bandar jaisi drawing ke liye aapko koi prize milega?"

"Allah miyan! Yeh aapko bandar lag raha hai? Mr. Khan zara gaur se dekhiye! Yeh aap hain!" Her eyes popped with disbelief. She had put in a lot of effort in the drawing and he had just dismissed it heartlessly."

"Main aisa pagal lagta hoon? Itni lambi naak, look at those large ears. And'and'have you ever seen me smile like that?" He frowned.

"Of course I haven't!" She snapped, "that's why this is an artist's vision. I can't even imagine this being real."

"Kyun? Aapko lagta hai mujhey smile karna nahin aata?" He was offended.

"Maybe if one holds a gun to your head."

"Agar aapne mujhey kabhie smile karte nahin dekha, tho how do you know I have these dimples?" He probed.

Zoya lowered her gaze. How could she tell him that was one of the first things she had noticed about him when she had walked into the ship? She had noticed that attractive smile when he greeted other passengers in the lobby.

"Ok, then maybe it's my imagination. Aap jaise bandar ke dimples kaise ho sakte hain?" She teased him.

"Bandar?" he was offended again. Since he was a child, his good looks had always been a topic of discussion amongst his family and friends. As an adult, his handsome looks had attracted a lot of compliments from people of both sexes. Never before had anyone made a jibe at his appearance.

"Okay, then prove me wrong Mr. Khan." She twisted her lips playfully.

"I don't need to prove anything to you Ms Farooqui!" He averted his gaze and folded his arms, tensing his muscles to detach himself from her overwhelming presence. Her playful gestures were a contrast from her usual bratty and annoying behavior. The latter behavior he knew how to handle, but her flirtatiousness made him a bit jittery.

Zoya heaved a sigh, "itni akkad kyun hain Mr. Khan mein? He walked away from the art display. Tables had turned in a span of few hours. Till yesterday, his interference and constant prodding had annoyed her, but now craved his attention, wanted him to show interest in her. She did notice the color change on his face when he first saw her this evening. Zoya didn't know what to make of it except she liked the way he gazed at her, even if it was for a few seconds.

She walked around and admired the art displays. Her eyes tracked Asad's movements as he chit chatted with his colleagues and admired the other performers. Intermittently, his gaze wandered to catch a glimpse of Zoya. As singers and musicians performed for the audience, he noticed her swaying gently with the music, tapping her feet. They were both aware of each other's whereabouts but whenever their eyes locked, they avoided eye contact on purpose.

The horizon had turned a golden hue as the sun set in the distance. The gorgeous views from the deck took her breath away. To her surprise, she had no desire to try the cocktails or cigarettes anymore. She felt liberated that evening; she wasn't insecure or afraid, didn't worry that her abbu would drop by from the sky in her search. She didn't need to prove anything to anyone.

Asad gazed at her beautiful face from a distance. He recalled the glow on her face from the morning sunrise. The sunset reflected a different hue on her face. If it was angelic in the morning, it was divine this evening.

"Congratulations Ms Farooqui!" A man with a thick Spanish accent smiled at her and shook her hand; "your sketch has been voted as the best piece of artwork tonight." He gave her a certificate.

"Really? Thanks a ton!" She exclaimed, "wow. I don't believe this. Who were the judges?""

"Well, all the officers were given the task. We wanted to keep it neutral, so the passengers didn't vote. I think one of the officers gave you really high scores. Lucky girl!"

"Thank you Senor," she smiled and accepted the certificate. Her gaze traveled across the deck and there he was- smiling, his dimples on full display, a thumbs up sign in the air. She knew he had given her the high scores. "ASAD BANDAR KHAN!" she exclaimed silently.

She waved back and smiled, biting her lower lip coyly.

He tipped his cap gently and nodded his head.

'LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! THIS IS THE CAPTAIN OF THE SHIP HERE. NOW THAT OUR RESULTS HAVE BEEN ANNOUNCED, WE WOULD LIKE TO INVITE ALL OF YOU FOR A WONDERFUL DINNER UNDER THIS MOONLIT NIGHT, FOLLOWED BY A DANCE. ALL THE WOMEN WINNERS, IF THEY DON'T HAVE A PARTNER, ARE INVITED TO DANCE WITH OUR OFFICERS TONIGHT!"

Whistles and applauses filled the air after the captain's announcement. Zoya's jaw fell as she heard the announcement. "Dance with the officers? I guess Mr. Khan doesn't have a choice now."

Asad cringed as he heard the announcement. Social dances were a routine at the Naval Academy but he had never enjoyed that aspect of his training.

"Will you join me for dinner? Zoya tapped his shoulder from behind.

A startled Asad turned around, "aap baar baar peeche se kyun mujhey tap karti hain?" He frowned.

"Bhool gaye Mr. Khan? After all, I am making your job easier. You haven't been a very vigilant private agent today. Abbu ko bataana padhega ki mujhey hi aapki khabar rakhni padhti thi. He is paying you for nothing!" She frowned back, "waise aap chaahe tho mujhey congratulate bhi kar sakte hain."

Asad rolled his eyes; he really wanted to put an end to this private agent story. He refrained from doing so. It seemed that his lies had worked in taming the brat in her. She seemed more relaxed and was making better choices.

They filled their plates from the dinner buffet line and sat down at a corner table.

He gasped as he sat down. She sat across from him; the reflection from the moon, lit her beautiful face and lips; this time giving it an almost seductive look. Asad kicked himself for noticing such things. He had always managed to avoid prolonged and direct interaction with women in the past. Frankly, life had never given him the opportunity or the time to notice women. While boys in high school and at the Naval Academy spent a considerable time talking about girls and their anatomy, he had always kept a respectable distance from such talk. Then why was he noticing things about her that he wouldn't even dream of in the past?

"Kya soch rahe hain Mr. Khan?" She smiled at him as she chomped on her salad, "yahi ki bandar kaise jeet gaya?"

He chuckled at her comment and shook his head.

"There'there..there," she pointed her fork on his cheek, "pakad liya aapka dimple!"

"You are really crazy!" He touched his cheek but couldn't help flashing his teeth, "aapke abbu kaise tolerate karte honge aapko?"

'Abbu? Phir abbu? Can't we talk without bringing abbu into every conversation?" She glared at him and cut her piece of chicken forcefully with her knife. Bits of the bread and lettuce was scattered around her plate.

"Aapke abbu ne aapko table manners nahin sikhaye?" He picked the breadcrumbs and salad bits and wrapped them in a napkin.

"Phir abbu!" she dropped the silverware on her plate with a loud clang. He jumped back, aghast at her clumsy behavior at the table.

"You really don't have good table manners, do you?" He ate his food spotlessly.

"Waise Mr. Khan, why are you working for abbu? And how did you convince the cruise staff that you are actually not an officer here but a private agent?"

Asad was not used to lying at all; here she was forcing him to engage into a series of lies. A bit uncomfortable, he shuffled in his seat, looked away and replied softly, "I-I need the money."

"Oh!" She raised one eyebrow; it was hard for her to comprehend why anyone would do something so risky just to make a few extra bucks? She didn't probe anymore; just thanked her fortune that her father had given her enough wealth and luxuries that she wouldn't ever have to risk her life for an unknown person like he had done. Zoya glanced at him as he ate his food. The moon lit night made him look even more handsome than he did in the bath tub last night. Why would such a gorgeous man have to resort to such a menial job? A sense of gratitude and respect for him made her regret her rude behavior.

Silently, they finished their meal when the band started playing dance music. Zoya felt a bit chilly as the evening became cooler. She covered her bare shoulders with her palms.

Asad sensed her discomfort. "Do you want to go back to your cabin? Lagta hai aapko thand lag rahi hai?"

"ALL THE WINNERS ON THE DANCE FLOOR NOW. WOMEN, IF YOU ARE SINGLE AND GORGEOUS, PLEASE INVITE ONE OF THE OFFICERS FOR THE FIRST DANCE!"

"Of course not Mr. Khan!" At the announcement, she stood up with a big smile, "this is my chance to get a dance with an officer. Main aisa mauka haath se jaane nahin doongi." She turned around and ran towards the dance floor.

"Zoya!" He ran after her, with the black shawl that he had purchased at the store, in his hand. "She will make a fool of herself again. I thought she had learnt her lesson. I guess not!"

He caught up with her and wrapped her shoulders with the shawl. Stunned, she turned around and noticed the beautiful hand woven new shawl, draped around her shoulders and neck. She was touched by his gesture and gazed into his eyes longingly

Asad placed his hands around her slender waist and pulled her closer. Momentarily, they were lost in each other's eyes, oblivious of the crowd around them or the music blaring from the speakers.

The tempo of the music changed. An old Frank Sinatra, evergreen slow dance number came on

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9ZGKALMMuc[/youtube]

Some day, when I'm awfully low,?

When the world is cold,?

I will feel a glow just thinking of you...?

And the way you look tonight.??

Yes you're lovely,

with your smile so warm?

And your cheeks so soft,?

There is nothing for me but to love you,?

And the way you look tonight.

Gradually, he pulled her closer, his left arm wrapped around her waist completely, his right hand held her left palm as they swayed gently to the music. Their gazes locked, gently their fingers intertwined, their hearts thumped against each other's chest. Her right arm rested against his strong shoulder. The melody, the lyrics and the ambience gave them a heady feeling. Slowly, their bodies drifted into each other's arms, their eyes shut, his chin on her hair and her face on his chest. They swayed in unison, even though far way from their respective countries, it felt like home.

'to be contd'.twist coming up

Edited by bheegi - 11 years ago
Ceon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
res
unres!
OMG! Dis ws a bumper one. I loved it... Dey r slowly lost demselvs wid each other... I love how you describe each and every action... Great one
TWIST! Oh i love Twist. UPDT SOON
Edited by AsyaManic - 11 years ago
delena90 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
This update was beautiful bheegi. I loved how you took the time to describe and set up the feel, mood and atmosphere that ultimately culminated with the dance. That was just really well done. I could imagine them sitting on a ship with moon glinting of the water and their faces. It really does set up this nice romantic feel to it. Great job!

Can't wait for the next update!