Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kumari3 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago
Hi guys! Thank you for your comments and likes! I left individualized thank yous above. Next chapter is below. :)

previous chapters: ch 1 - ch 2 - ch 3 - ch 4

Chapter Five

"Is this how much I mean to you?" Geet asked, her broken voice belying the anger that still lingered in her eyes. "I have a drunken outburst last night and you end our relationship, just like that? And you leave me by myself, so intoxicated that I couldn't even remember anything until Pinky told me this morning?"

"Are you kidding me?" Maan stared daggers at his ex-love, partly for striking him and partly for her hypocrisy. "Did you conveniently forget what you said in front of everyone last night?  And that wasn't alcohol talking, Geet. You really have been just stringing me along with no intention of turning this into something real."

"What we have *is* real!" Geet cried. "Have you ever tried to seriously understand why I don't want to get married? It's because I'm trying to *protect* our relationship! Don't you know my mother's track record? Don't you see the divorce rate climbing higher every day? Don't you see --"

Maan raised his hand; a signal for her to cease talking. "Stop. Just stop. Have *you* ever tried to seriously understand that *not all couples are the same*? How could you even think that we would end up like that, Geet? After I gave you my love, my time, my wealth?  I can't keep having this same conversation with you."

Geet swiped at her tear-stained face. "But I --"

"I said, stop," ordered Maan. He grabbed Geet by the shoulders and stared deeply into her wet brown orbs. "I could've had any girl I wanted, Geet. And I had chosen you. *You.*"

Geet attempted to swallow the lump in her throat, but it only grew larger.  Was he really ending things, truly? "Maan Sir, please don't do this," she said desperately. "I love you and respect you as much as any wife loves and respects her husband, and --"

"Is that right?" inquired Maan bitterly. "By calling me out last night and then raising your hand to me? Is that what you call respecting me? Do you think I'll really tolerate that kind of behavior from anyone?"

"But I was *drunk*!" Geet spread out her hands helplessly while pleading her case. "And I -- I *am* sorry that I just hit you, Maan Sir, I -- I don't know -- I just -- I couldn't believe that you had broken up with me when I was in such a state last night, that you are breaking up with me at all when my only reason for being is you, I -- we --"

"We are through," said Maan through clenched teeth, interrupting her stammering. "You were nothing but a waste of time."  He abruptly let go of his grip on Geet's shoulders, which caused her to stumble slightly backward. "Don't you ever show your face to me again." Geet then found herself gazing through her tears at the front doors he had slammed.

---

Thank you for reading. :)
Edited by kumari3 - 10 years ago
dqno1 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
no no no...

Avi covering her eyes repeating the no no no's...

What are they doing to each other?

You seriously owe me a nice one for being first on next time..😲

This was sad..😭

Each so stubborn and set in their thoughts.

Wonder how they will come to a middle point here..

Thanks for updating..
daredevilisback thumbnail
I thought maan was much mature...
I thought even in breaking condition he'll hold the thread to not break it completely...
but here everything is different...

. "I could've had any girl I wanted, Geet. And I had chosen you. *You.*"
"You were nothing but a waste of time."

😲 how can he say something like this to her...
On the basis of marriage both were right at their place...
but in this moment i think maan is being immature...
Want to know more n more...
so don't be late I'll be waiting...
and thank u so much... For updating so fast😊

I luved ur rply😳
tanu3579 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
ok maan.. she had a drunken outburst... n u hd an angry outburst... bt just like she was wrong.. so r u..
u r mature dear.. hw can u do this.. this is nt hw it is going to work ever...

bt then.. mayb u hv really hd this conversation too many times.. though i feel tht only love n persistent efforts can help her see tht she has to move on...
sweetsampa39 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Oh no😲Yeh kya ho gaya yaar,I wasnt expecting that 😔

Its sad on the part of Maaneet.I agree that Geet may be wrong smwhere with her thots abt marriage but the harsh words " I could've had any girl I
wanted, Geet. And I had chosen you.
*You.*"   " After I gave you
my love, my time,
my wealth?   " "You were nothing
but a waste of time."
   Maan told her today are beyond repair.If they cud hurt me so much then what cud have it done to Geet!!!

Couples have fight on various issues,but one shud choose his/her words very wisely because time passes but the wound created by harsh words continue to stay on,carved in the heart.

I m really really really eager to know what happens next.Jaldi update karna.

Thanx a ton buddy for the link of "For the Love of a child" I know I'll defo love it jst the way I loved ur reply.

Thanx again buddy.
Krishnaluv94 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
I guess there comes a point in time where you can take no more. And Maan has reached that point. But maybe that's what Geet needs to realize and face her fears. Thanks for the update! 
sweetsampa39 thumbnail
You know even after reading the update,I kept thinking about it and suddenly a thot popped into my my mind.

By breaking up with Geet didnt Maan just proved Geet's decision of not getting married,to be right? Didnt he just made all her fears come true.

A relationship which cant stand a lil shake of a situation,how cud it survive the larger 'Tremble' of time that life wud throw against Maaneet,when they are married!!!!!

Marriage is not a bed of roses,one has to be emotionally very strong to put your partner's views and decisions before yours.Its impossible to be selfless in real life but one has to take care of the Partner and at least sacrifice sm of his/her needs for one's better half.

I know I m going nowhere with this.Actually I m unable to put my words correctly unlike Avi [Aavi mujhe tumse classes leni padhengi buddy😳 ]

Basically I jst wanna say even Maan is not ready for marriage jst like Geet.He jst wants to own her like a beautiful trophy wife not like a life partner or soulmate who wants to remove her insecurities.

I think both Maaneet have a long way to go.

p.s-I was jst feeling to write all these after reading the update,so likh diya 😊
sweetsampa39 thumbnail
Okay Okay Maine apne Maan ki bahut burai kar di hai,now give us a niiice update and make me praise him😃Edited by sweetsampa39 - 10 years ago
Kartikan91 thumbnail
nice update...hope maan is having a break up with her for getting back a new geet who understands the value of their relation...do continue soon.
shalini_s thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

after slapping him she says about being drunk.. and he actually insults her saying I chose u... uff.. these too..