Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kumari3 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago
@ dqno1 - Thank you so much, dear!  Really appreciate your thoughtful comment. :)

@ sporthy_smile28 - Thank you for your comment, dear!  Very happy that you are reading.

@ Dilsay - No problem, thank you for reading!

@ Krishnaluv94 - Thank YOU for reading, dear! Hope you are doing great.

@ 6n6s6k6i6r6a6n6 - Thank you very much sweetie for your feedback! I agree that Geet's behavior is frustrating and that people aren't all the same. Thank you again for reading and for your kind words. :)

@ karna91 - Thank you very much, dear, I will definitely add you! Thank you for your interest. :)

@ -Elfin- - Thank you for your wonderful feedback, dear! Yes, I think that's a great way to put it that Geet is already married to Maan emotionally.

@ preeti.1 - Many thanks for reading and for leaving a comment. :) I agree with your thoughts and that Maan's happiness is going ignored!

@ -Mishu- - Aww, thank you very much sweetie! I will definitely add you, thank you for wanting update notifications!

@ priya111111 - Really appreciate your feedback, thank you! I will be sure to add you to the PM list.

@ prerna1 - Thank you very much for reading and dropping a line. :)

@ .Tulip. - Thank you very much dear for your thoughts and kind words! I agree that the jealousy would be natural.

@ honeygrape -Thank you so much sweetheart for reading and leaving comments, you're the best. :) I will be sure to PM you!

@ dolly10 - Thank you so much, that was so nice of you!

@ PaintedSky - Sure, thank you for your interest. :)

@ akankshasehgal - Thank you very much! Will be sure to add you.

@ Myra.nelly - Thank you so much for your long comment, dear! I should be putting up the next part soon. :)

@ -Zahra15- - Thank you very much Zahra dear!! Your comments are always so wonderful. By the way, have I told you that I love your icon? Yashji and Aartiji! hehe

@ Ubiquitos - Aww, thank you very much dear. :) It makes me happy that you are reading! :)

@ yappingduck - So kind of you to say that, thank you so much! Really encouraging. :)

@ Craziest_MG - Thank you for your comment and kind words. :)

@ kabslocks - Thank you very much, dear! I will be sure to PM you, thank you.

@ sweetsampa39 - Your comment was just awesome and so sweet, thank you very much dear! I also love the Adi-Pinky pair and really wish their characters had gotten married on the show! Thank you again for your kind words. :)

@ khwaishfan - Hi dear, thank YOU for leaving a comment!! You are wonderful, thank you so much for your thoughtful and great comment. :)

@ CherryBlush - Thank you so much for your feedback! Yes, DD totally is adorable! lol

@ Tyro - Thank you very much for commenting -- will certainly add you and thanks for the interest. :)

@ Onir - Ahh, your comment was just amazing! Thank you so much! I feel like you just wrote a scene of the story yourself! You are very talented. :) Will be sure to PM you, thanks!

@  shalini_s - Thank you dear for reading and leaving feedback! Yes, I agree that Maan's frustration is definitely understandable!
kumari3 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Hi guys! Many thanks for your likes and feedback on the second chapter! So encouraging and wonderful. :) You are the best! Individualized thank yous are above, and chapter three is below. :)

---

previous chapters: ch 1 - ch 2

Chapter Three

"Please, Maan Sir?" Geet pleaded.  She was lying in Maan's lap on a large swing set on one of the many back acres of Maan's mansion. Adi and Pinky had called Maan and Geet earlier to officially invite them on a weekend trip to a beach resort to celebrate Adi and Pinky's engagement. Other friends of  Adi and Pinky would come along as well.

Geet had spent the better part of the day trying to convince Maan to accept the invitation, but he had been evasive. Geet didn't know how many more times she could hear "I don't know" and "I'll have to check" before she burst into flames of pure exasperation.

Maan, who was resting his palm on Geet's abdomen, looked directly down into her eyes. "Geet, isn't throwing them a party enough?" As per tradition at Khurana Construction for newly-engaged employees, Maan had organized a work get-together the next evening in honor of Adi and Pinky's upcoming nuptials.  Although he was more than pleased to set up such an event for his friends, Maan couldn't help but dread all the chatter about marriage that would undoubtedly take focus.

"But Maan Sir, this trip would be at the *beach,* how fun!" Geet's eyes lit up with anticipation as she sat up on the swing.

"Geet, you know I have a pool," said Maan, wrapping his arms around Geet's waist so she could keep her balance. "Feel free to splash around in there."

Geet frowned. "Maan Sir! You know that's not the saaame."

Maan placed an index finger over her lips. "No whining. I told you I'd think about it." Truth be told, he had already thought about it, and the answer was no. Like he wanted to spend an entire weekend with a couple reveling in their engagement bliss when his own significant other was entirely opposed to being his bride.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to whine," said Geet, pouting slightly. "I just . . . Maan Sir, you're so busy. A little get-away like this would be so perfect for us, just you and me . . . ."

"But Adi and Pinky would be with us, too, Geet," said Maan. "And their other friends that are coming." With his shoe, he rocked them back and forth on the swing.

Geet waved her hand. "Oh, Maan Sir, we wouldn't be with them the whole weekend! Just for a few hours each day, probably. The rest of the time . . . we would be together." She smiled her sweet smile, then embraced him with one of her warm hugs. "Please, Maan Sir? Please please please?"

Maan heaved a sigh. Really, was there anything he wouldn't do for her? "Okay," he relented.

"Yay!" Geet squealed, clapping her hands together.

"But you have to do something for me, too," said Maan.

"Oh? What's that?"  Geet raised her eyebrows playfully.

"You have to at least consider us getting married," Maan replied. He smoothed his hands over her cheeks. "Okay?"

Geet immediately cast her gaze downward. Maan waited several beats for her to respond, but when it was clear she wouldn't, he clenched his teeth.

"Time to head back," he said, rising swiftly from the swing and walking ahead of Geet.

Geet shook her head sadly and trailed behind him. She had made him angry. Again. She wondered how much more of this tension she could take.

---

"I don't understand," came the helpless voice from the master bedroom.

Geet pressed her tender nine-year-old ears against the door, eavesdropping on yet another fight between her mother and her mother's second husband.

"This isn't working out," the man said. "It's time for a divorce." His delivery was flat, as if he were casually mentioning buying a pint of milk.

The woman gasped. "What? Why? I've done everything I can to make this marriage work, I --"

"Because you're useless, just like all wives are," he said, rather matter-of-factly. His stoic tone was what bothered Geet the most; that he couldn't be bothered to show some emotion that he was breaking up her home -- a home that had already been broken.

Geet squeezed her eyes shut and covered her ears, but that wasn't enough to block the sobs coming from the bedroom.

Geet sat up with a start, drenched in sweat. Not another nightmare flashback about her stepfathers. The flashbacks had been coming more often lately, thanks to Maan constantly forcing her to consider marriage. She leaned back against her pillows and tried to sleep, her painful past replaying vividly behind her eyelids.

---

"Oh, come on, Geet!" Pinky said, wrapping her friend in a hug and holding up a glass of champagne. "Just one drink, for me!" Pinky and Geet, along with most of Khurana Construction, were gathered at a lavish restaurant to celebrate Adi and Pinky's engagement party.  Maan and several other executives were still on a conference call with a client, but were expected to arrive shortly.

"I don't know, Pinky," said Geet worriedly. Although she considered herself an independent woman, there were certain things Maan forbid her from doing -- and drinking alcohol was one of them.

"Oh, one drink won't hurt," said Pinky dismissively. "Come on, Geet, this is a party! Have some fun."

Geet circled her fingers around the glass. Unabated pressure from Maan and nightmares about her stepfathers were doing a number on her. Maybe the alcohol would help soothe her just a bit? "Just one," she confirmed, tilting her head back and downing the drink.

---

"Good work on the call," said Maan to Zoya, one of the top architects at Khurana Construction, as they walked through the doors of the restaurant for Adi and Pinky's engagement. The conference call had run an hour over, but Maan and the client were pleased at how issues had been resolved. Executives Rahul, Michael, Iqbal, and Sara had also stayed back to discuss and were bringing up the rear.

"Thank you," said Zoya modestly. She smoothed down her charcoal suit and smiled, grateful at her boss's praise.

"Maan Sir!" Seemingly out of nowhere, Geet had all but collided into him.

"Hey, sweetheart," he said warily, giving her a peck on the cheek.  His team behind him had begun to disperse through the venue.

"Hi!" Geet exclaimed, grinning widely and waving at him.

Maan gazed at her. "Geet, did you . . . *drink*?"

Geet tried to think about how to answer. Yes, she had had a drink. Or maybe two drinks. Or maybe more . . . . She couldn't help it! She felt incredibly light and stress-free.

Before Geet could reply, Adi clanged his fork on a glass. "Can I have your attention please? Everyone?" Pinky was standing by his side and beaming.

Adi grinned and tugged Pinky close. "I -- I just wanted to say thank you all for coming to celebrate such a joyous occasion for Pinky and me. And thank you especially to Maan, who orchestrated this entire evening." The restaurant filled with applause.

"Happy to do it, Adi, and congratulations," said Maan, distracted.  He fiddled with his tie uncomfortably. Geet was, to say the least, loopy. She had definitely had something to drink, even though she knew he absolutely refused to let her have alcohol.

"When are we going to be throwing *you* an engagement party, Maan?" Michael piped up, holding up his glass as guests began to laugh. He motioned toward Geet. "Not ready to be tied down yet by Miss Geet?"

Maan could feel his face start to burn. If only Michael knew that it was really the other way around. . . .

"Hey, now!" cried Geet. "We are happy the way we are, right Maan?" She threw her arms around his waist.

Maan shot her a dangerous look, but Geet just smiled, clearly "under the influence."

"Wait, so, it's *you* who doesn't want to get married, Geet?" said Michael. He popped a cracker into his mouth. "Interesting. Maan, you're a lucky man!" More laughter.

"Exactly!" Geet said, laughing loudest of all. "Isn't he *so* lucky?" The crowd actually began to hoot at her words.

"Geet," Maan hissed, grabbing her arm. "Let's go."

"No, Maan Sir," said Geet, stumbling slightly. She wrenched her arm out of his hold. "You -- you're always trying to get me to marry you, but, really, you should be happy that I never want to be your wife. Right, everyone?" Really, she was *so sick* of him making her feel guilty and anxious about not wanting to wed him. She was devoted to him with her entire being, what else did he need?

An awkward silence swelled in the restaurant. Geet continued to giggle, flailing slightly, then turned to Maan. Even in her inebriated state, Geet immediately stopped laughing once she saw his face. His expression changed quickly, from shock, to sorrow, to what it was now -- coldness.

"You're right, Geet. I'm very happy," he said evenly. He stepped close to her, smoothed a wayward strand of hair away from her face, and rasped into her ear, "But I'm even happier that this relationship is over." He abruptly stood upright. "Adi, make sure she gets home safely," he directed, then strode out of the restaurant in the blink of an eye.

---

Thank you so much for reading! <3
Edited by kumari3 - 10 years ago
AISHAJS thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Just wonderfully written. Thank you!πŸ‘πŸΌ
.Tulip. thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
vry satisfied wid d update ... painful bt its kind of needed 
may b some space cud help thm wat their closeness cudnt do it fr thm
awesome chapter... luvly writingπŸ‘
tanu3579 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
i m feeling so bad fr both... bt honestly... geet has to face her fears... n move on... 

i wish she wud hv tried ... it wud hv been easier fr both.. 
honeygrape thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
😲 this is exactly how i m after reading the part...never expected that...feeling very bad for maan...she let him down very badly this tym,... can u plsss update the next part soonerπŸ˜³πŸ˜ƒ eager to know her reaction when she gains her hosh back...😑 dumb girl , geet...
preeti.1 thumbnail
relationship is over πŸ˜²

ohh geet idiot what did u do 

plz dont make maan marry someone else ...i cant bare ...

plzmake geet understand her fault and maaan pain ...
she needs some brain .and a hard push .plz next part jitni jaldi ho do ..and want long update 
sporthy_smile28 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Now this was something expected
Good one! !
-Zahra15- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Can I just say that I loved the ending the most *evil grin* πŸ˜†
At least Maan told her only and didnt make a fuss about the whole thing, still I wonder whether he will keep up to what he said,because knowing him, I would say that he is ready to do anything for Geet so I will rather wait till the next update to know what exactly he has decided πŸ˜†

But in a way this was really needed, I agree that she has had a painful past but like I said it doesn't mean Maan will be the same, who why generalise xD

Lovely update Kumari, waiting for next update ^__^

P.S the baby bump scene of Aarti and Yash even I love that, they both were cute ^__^

Thanks for the PM =))
Myra.nelly thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Ohh i loved it sooo much!!
Maybe this is wake up call for geet to realize not every men are the same..i know she suffers bcoz of her moms past but she has to think abt maans sir desires too... btw, i just looove it when she says maan sir, and he responds sweetheart, very cute!!!
Again feeling sorry for Maan but also for geet,. poor kid was traumatised..
So alchool acted like truth potion here, geet let out her frustration and now it costs her love, she lost him...superb written update, i could visualize maaneet reactions in last scene..just superb!
thank u for pm :)