Two shot: Night In *COMPLETE*

DonnaHarvey thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
A/N: I am writing the story based on a prompt. This will be a two shot. Madhu POV is in purple & Rishabh POV is in violet.

T'was just another day at the fashion house as I dreamed a daydream of styling my boss in my favourite picks. His usual dressing sense was not bad, only too brand laden. A Cavalli pin adorned the lapel of his coat. The suit was couture fresh from Paris Fashion week. The man was a walking luxury advertisement. Yet, the only accessory of his that resonated with me was a silk kerchief. He would hand me the square piece fabric at the end of every business day as though it was a coveted crown. My job was to iron and style it in place with the sunrise.

"Madhubala Malik, I heard you got promoted to head stylist. Great work", he pat me on the back to catch my attention.

"I cannot say I couldn't have done it without you cause clearly I did do it without".  I quickly put on the popular persona of Madhu the sassy vighnharta.

"Still holding a grudge? Come on, it was help you or party".

"You know the party always wins hands down with RK the great".

"There you go. You know me better than you think".

"I am Madhubala. I know everything there is to know about anything".

"How many letters in the company name? Don't cheat", RK rushed over to cover up the board that spelled the answer.

"Twenty one.  Ardnuk, Ived, Inabma, Hgnis is Singh, Ambani, Devi, Kundra spelled backwards. Anything else?"

"Marry me?"

"We are already married. I have practically been your wife for the past five years covering up your mistakes, brewing the morning coffee. You have exhaust me everyday".

"Look at you so beautiful and charming", I wish I had a vessel to capture the blush on my face.

I was pink like a pig on a skillet. His heels tapped across the floor and stopped in front of the lucky woman who received the compliment. It wasn't me. He was addressing Donna. I was not the pretty one. I was the usual, the sweet morning coffee that gets lost in a pile of documents. The chocolate chip muffin that magically appears on the table every day. The designer whose work is overshadowed by the showstopper. 

Why did he never acknowledge me without a want?  

"Going on a date?" My heart beat accelerated as his shoulder touched hers.

"You never know who is the one", Donna shifted her eyes from RK to me. The hint went by unnoticed until I caught it. She knew! She knew about us and our untold dynamic. If only he knew as well. 

"I have got to catch the train. Goodnight", I took my leave.

"Listen, you...". A wait of expectation came over me. Somehow, I imagined this instance to be different. "You forgot the handkerchief", supplied RK.

"Of course", I took the cloth out of his hands as harshly as I could and head home hoping he got the point.

"Has anyone seen Madhu?", I roamed around the building looking for my kerchief bearer.
"She called in sick", a meek voice from the corner office struck my ears.

"Madhu doesn't do sick. You must be mistaken".

"She does now", the voice suddenly displaced some attitude.

"Dude, you better not be playing. I have not had coffee, my kerchief is missing and all her note says is, 'The world can run without me for a day' ".

"She is not wrong. We have been operating smoothly since morning. I do not miss her".

"I didn't ask you. Now, get out". Can any one let a grown man panic in peace? People these days.

"I think you are in MY office". This idiot was getting on my nerves.

"Fine, I will just dramatically storm out. No bonus for you this Valentine".

"We do not have Valentine bonuses".

Had the man any awareness of the office life suicide he was committing? No one dares mess with Rishabh Kundra.

"We do now and you are not getting it. Next time, let you boss win the argument. Madhu would have known when to shut up".

I made a successful exit only to be brought back by a burning question.

"What happened to her?"

"She got the flu".

Thankfully, with vanished hopes of a bonus, the junior whatever-his-name-was toned down his sarcasm. I do not handle names okay. Madhu does that.

I knew very well I needed a personal assistant. But, where would be the human touch in a colour coding, pay-bot organizer? I was accustomed to the scent of vanilla that lingered on Madhu's desk. I could still taste the reminiscence in the air as I walked by. The manikins that were gracefully draped in lace at all times, never bare.

But, I could not digest the fact that she took a day off. In her five years working with me, not once had she missed work. True I forced her to skip out on her cousin's wedding & her friend's baby shower. But, that is besides the point. She never said no. Why now?

I decided to inquire. 

No one knew where Madhu lived.

"The women who keeps up with all of your birthdays, wedding anniversaries and even your kids' graduations; you don't know where she lives. Seriously, it's as if you guys don't even care for her existence".

"Not like you know either". Another idiot butt in my perfect emotional speech.

"I have already cancelled the Valentine bonus for one person. Want to join the club? Good! Shut up".

Seeing the awfully disrespectful bunch of creatives I employed, I did not allow him the time to fire back.

When human brains refuse to divulge information, technology does the trick. I had to stalk half a dozen people on Facebook to get a clue about Madhu's whereabouts. You know, I should have learned about her a bit more. We stay together so much the girl could legally claim half my assets. 

PART 2 (scroll down to post below)

Edited by iiDona - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DonnaHarvey thumbnail

Part 2

Third person narration

Rishabh walked up the beach house stairs onto the deck that faced the waves. Madhu had left the door open, not weary of the dangers around. The home was an organized mess. A studio portion with graceful couture; her original creations, he assumed. A pile of tissue boxes lay neatly in a corner. He wafted in the vanilla bean scent, she was nearby.

"Madhu. Are you around?"

A faint cry of pain greeted the visitor. He found her buried underneath a dozen pillows.

"I am dizzy", she supplied. "How did you get here?"

"Facebook".

"I don't do..."

"Your neighbour told me".

"I am contagious".

"You are addictive, sure. I don't know about contagious", RK was trying to be flirtatious with a half awake woman.

"I have the flu and it is contagious".

"All the better. I wouldn't have to go to that clown college fashion show that Nicola puts up each year".

"Why are you here?"
"To take care of you".

"It's Valentines'. Doesn't that change anything?"

"No. I brought soup from the Japanese place. Eat up".

"I knew you were a lazy bone".

"Ass, I am an ass. Since when do you censor yourself?"
"I like you. Did you know that?"

"You are hallucinating".

"I have never been so clear in my life. I am attracted to you and I do not appreciate you toying with my feelings".

"Okay".

"Okay. I want to know if you can; no. If you will reciprocate or else, I shall move on. Do not stay here and care for me. I am not a lone puppy in the rain. I am grown woman".

" I am intimidated by you. The extent of your knowledge frightens me. I am jealous of your talents. I want to hire you as my head designer someday. And, if I had ever asked you out, they would think I was paying special attention to you. And, I didn't even acknowledge this force until you were gone. Not gone but, on leave. And, I want to say I like you. I hate the hideous design on the handkerchief I wear everyday. But, it carries sentimental value. You bought it for me back when it was in trend. And, I..."

"Shut up", she placed a wet one his lips and quickly parted. "I am sorry. I didn't remember. I didn't mean to make you sick. I"

"Shut up", his body leaned into hers. "In sickness and in health".

The curtain closed as we bid farewell to the couple hinting at a future together. 

Edited by iiDona - 11 years ago
Vsoujanya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
😊I am a little confused, I need a serious nap, will read it after that, and hope you have the rest of posted then! πŸ₯±
DonnaHarvey thumbnail

Originally posted by: Vsoujanya

😊I am a little confused, I need a serious nap, will read it after that, and hope you have the rest of posted then! πŸ₯±

ahem I hope it has nothing to do with the story. will brush up soon
i'mm preety confused is there any 3rd person
DonnaHarvey thumbnail

Originally posted by: deepak148

i'mm preety confused is there any 3rd person

? What third person?
here i wrote she knew abt us. feels like there is another person
DonnaHarvey thumbnail

Originally posted by: deepak148

here i wrote she knew abt us. feels like there is another person

I have settled the ambiguity by giving a name to the presence. see if it makes sense now. 
Vsoujanya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
no my nap had to do with Chemistry! But is this os completed or is there more? and Donna its you! You have Rishab in this story! πŸ˜‰ Aww thats too cute! Hehe Madhu wishes you would disappear  lol πŸ˜†
DonnaHarvey thumbnail

Originally posted by: Vsoujanya

no my nap had to do with Chemistry! But is this os completed or is there more? and Donna its you! You have Rishab in this story! πŸ˜‰ Aww thats too cute! Hehe Madhu wishes you would disappear  lol πŸ˜†

What do you think? Does this make sense on its own? Is this an ending?
Donna, that would be meπŸ˜† DW I have no wish to butt in. Rishabh's got a pair of eyes that finds everyone but Madhu.  I will stay miles away if you are listening Madhu.