SS: The Fault in Our Stars THE END

DonnaHarvey thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
I am writing this & the only way to keep me motivated is if I make thread. This will stand as a reminder, everyday to get up and type a few words. This is a sensitive topic for me & for most of you as well, I am sure. I am no expert on the issue & sure hope I do not become one. I do not want to be a forum activist, I simply need to get this out of my system. Do not worry, nothing terrible has happened. Only, I have gotten older & I have seen things. Death & its many faces being one of them. It is not the event that troubles me, it the anticipation of life being taken away that scares me the most. It is making someone else's choices for them that hurts.

TL;DR: The story focuses on a dying man & his love. How does the woman feel about being attached to a ticking time bomb? Will the hurt be so difficult to bear that she finds solace in life or will she stick with him through his worst? Find out in death & the dying. 
Edited by iiDona - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DonnaHarvey thumbnail
Dear Stranger.
Entry 01. Hello. Pg 5
Entry 02. A New Kind of Party. Pg9
Entry 03. Mistakes. Pg16
Entry 04. Countdown. Pg20
Entry 05. The End is Near. Pg29
Entry 06. The Little Things. Pg38
Entry 07. An Ode to You. Pg52
Entry 08. Period. Pg59
Entry 9.  The future I want? Pg62
Entry 10. The day I regret. Pg66
Entry 11. The Sunny Day Pg66
Entry 12. An End of Sorts Pg66
Entry 13. Precious Pg.83

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Goodbye.

DonnaHarvey thumbnail

"It's very beautiful over there."

-Thomas Edison
DonnaHarvey thumbnail
"I repeated it now - I love you. I love you. Please. I love you. Then it came – that one small gasp. We waited for the next one, but there was no next one. You expect death to bring some new form of punctuation, but there it is: one small gasp. Period".
-David Levithan, Marly's Ghost
DonnaHarvey thumbnail
"What people believe is a measure of what they suffer." 
-Peter De Vries, The Blood of the Lamb
DonnaHarvey thumbnail

What is an 'instant death' anyway? How long is an instant? Is it one second? Ten? The pain of those seconds must have been awful as her heart burst and her lungs collapsed and there was no air and no blood to her brain and only raw panic. What the hell is an instant? Nothing is instant.

-John Green, Looking for Alaska

-Nafisa- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
I also fear death, the life being taken out of me part. I hope it's painless. 
DonnaHarvey thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nafs_Sweetheart

I also fear death, the life being taken out of me part. I hope it's painless. 

refer to the comment above yours. answered a lot of my questions. then again, we never know until it is our turn.
I am not goth, I swear😆
-Nafisa- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: iiDona

refer to the comment above yours. answered a lot of my questions. then again, we never know until it is our turn.
I am not goth, I swear😆

😆 I think like you said about instant death, no such thing when you are talking about loosing your life, each second must feel like an hour when you're struggling for breath and in pain. I think we all choose not to think about it because it's going to happen to us anyway no matter if we freak out or not. 

I suppose it's a decision we will have to make, if we have an opportunity to do so, to be high on something, alcohol or drugs something to lessen the pain, but if we believe in not drinking and drugs, then we will have to just face the pain.
Saumya19 thumbnail
I used to fear my death but since i lost some one very very precious I now fear losing loved ones. It is even impossible to write that word for them even in state of fear...waiting for your new FF I am certain it is going to be as good if not better than the rain one.  waiting