DonnaHarvey thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago

Random is the best way to describe this OS. 4 to 5 lines are in Punjabi. For those of you who do not understand Punjabi, translation is provided right below.

Fear and respect are two separate entities but, in my world they coexist. A woman in authority must establish a terrorizing reputation for her colleagues to look past her dress size  or that tight little ass.

All of Singh & Kundra fears my shadows. During my early days at the store, our trusted Mumbai branch manager sold the premium platinum watch to his beloved daughter a grand cheaper than market. The guy receives a page of the employee conduct sheet everyday with his morning chai. Such is my influence on the staff. If only I could extend my repertoire of tricks to keeping my family in check.

Hi, my name is Madhubala  R. Singh. Welcome to my world.

I am the CEO and co-founder of Singh & Kundra  Jewels. In a month's time, I will reach the ripe old age of 25. As my mother would put it, dangerously close to becoming a spinster. Therefore, to avoid the nightmare of a perpetually single daughter meeting her inevitable fate of a satisfying career and single motherhood, my mum is swarming me with rishtas left, right and center.

"Kudiye aaj ghar jaldi aa  jaayeen. Munde vale tenu dekhen aa rahe ne".

[Come home soon girl. The potential groom & his family are coming over for a marriage meeting]

Although she speaks softly and over the phone, mama's voice makes me lose my shit every time. I called it a night.

"Madhubala leaving early, this calls for a party", I caught a dare devil associate mumble under his breath. One by one, my laser eyes scanned the rooms. There he was, the spoiled rotten prince, Rishabh Kundra.

"Last time I checked, I owned the town and your ass. Looks like you need more work, R.K".

He clicked his tongue and spit out a day old chewing gum into the nearby trash.

"Here, Wikipedia says Mohan Kundra, CFO and co-founder of Singh & Kun.d.raa.a. I will now direct your attention to my name plate. Rish.abh. Kundr.aaa.a".

"My partner and the owner is Moham Kundra, your father".

"Therefore, by extension, his son, Rishabh Kundra also has a say".

"Come talk to me when you have CFO written next to that name plate of yours".

I gave him a don't mess with me look and turned away. A sharp eye back for dramatic effect, "Since you have so much free time on your hands, clean that toner from the basement copy machine". And, a signature heel pop. I head home in style.

On the home ground, my battles were lost even before I had a chance to fight. Some Punjabi kid from the jewellery business was looking to expand shop and my company, my labour of love, was being used as bait to lure him in.

"Why else would such a handsome groom wed this chudail? Phikar na phakka, baddi aayee sunyari. Kise ne haal ni puchna budhepe veri".

[Why would anyone in the right mind want to marry this witch? Her I don't care attitude is going to be her downfall. The girl calls herself a goldsmith. She will die alone].

"Me and my money will live happily ever after, ma".

"Meinu pata eh. You will become a crazy cat woman".

[Mama knows]

"Atleast I won't burn my noor in the kitchen".

"Kaun samjhave iss jhalli nu. Boothi sidhi kar. Put some lipstick on, mascara-shaskara, some bindi-shindi".

[Who will make this idiot understand? Straighten your face, put some make up on]

"Mom, please".

"Theek eh mar lainde maa nu".

[Fine, let your mother die]

"Okay, only for today. No more rishte".

"Je ajj munda pasand aa gaya taan hor di ki lod eh".

[If we like the guy today, we don't need to find any more alliances].

And, it was time for the tea ceremony. Let me explain, imagine the mating rituals of the birds of paradise. Now, times that by ten and replace its head with my torso. That, my friends, is the catwalk I was expected to replicate on the eight feet long runway from my kitchen down to the family room where the guests were seated. You think that is hard? Imagine doing so while balancing a tray, with chai cups filled to the brim, without looking anywhere but down.

"Oye, pehle sasurji nu taan phada".

[Serve your FIL first]

"Maa, you said I am not allowed to look up". She pinched me from behind. Damn, that hurt.

"Don't be too shy, you can look my way". 

Where had I that obnoxious tone before?

"Rishabh Kundra tum?"

"Hone vale pati da naam nahi lende".

[Do not call your would be husband by his first name].

Edited by iiDona - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DonnaHarvey thumbnail
anushka2112 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Ohhhoo jasu khush kar ditta... inna changa os hein...
Rishta v rishu nu...maza aagaya... aaja bhangara pa le...
Love the sweet concept...
kudiye maza aayi isi read karke. tu bada ccchhanga likhni oni ( mixure of dogri and punjabi, mother tongur of jammu is dogri and it has little difference from punjabi. ) exotic ne bhi update kar le
DonnaHarvey thumbnail

Originally posted by: deepak148

kudiye maza aayi isi read karke. tu bada ccchhanga likhni oni ( mixure of dogri and punjabi, mother tongur of jammu is dogri and it has little difference from punjabi. ) exotic ne bhi update kar le

Cute.
I remember someone talking like in that. Accent and everything. Just don't remember who.
Anyway, thanks. This language is adorable just way the phonemes sound.
trolldemortx thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Haha.. I hope your planning on continuing this.. :D
DonnaHarvey thumbnail
exotic. I have a whole convincing party going on the last page. I was hoping ppl would see that and lay off for a while😊
DonnaHarvey thumbnail

Originally posted by: anushka2112

Ohhhoo jasu khush kar ditta... inna changa os hein...
Rishta v rishu nu...maza aagaya... aaja bhangara pa le...
Love the sweet concept...

Nushi. [That's your name from now on]
Sugar plum.
You are trying gurl.
That was chweet.
🤗
You are not Punjabi, are you?
DonnaHarvey thumbnail

Originally posted by: EverGirl

Haha.. I hope your planning on continuing this.. :D

I am quite unsure about this concept so yeah...IDK. If I am struggling with the first instalment, I would rather leave this an OS.
4ever4love thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Wow, I liked!!!!  Pls continue.  at least another 2 chapters to see how it works out.  and pls pm me!!!!!