DonnaHarvey thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
Get out your crystal balls and have a peak into the future of Mr. & Mrs. Rishabh Kundra.

It was that time of the year again. The time she used the love; the time she had grown to despise. Another chaotic beginning to a  noisy, never ending day. Carrying a smartphone in one hand an infant in the other, a woman in conservative dress was busy operating her kitchen's appliances.

"Krishna, Mohan, naashta tayar hai. Come to the kitchen kiddos", she ran after her twin boys who refused to swallow anything of nutritional value.

"One chocolate for whoever finishes their veggies".

The boys made their way to the kitchen table and began to chow down on boiled vegetables.

It was not by choice that she bribed her kids rather, out of necessity. A minute late and she would upset her schedule along with her clients'.

"Mummy, my friends eat waffles, pancakes or cereal for breakfast. You are the only one who gives boiled vegetables".

The twins resented the scent of anything green despite their mum's best efforts to make the food look presentable.

"Child, you are extraordinary. And, what does daddy say?"

"Extraordinary food for extraordinary people", the twins responded in an excited tone of voice.

They sped up on the eating and slowed down on the complaining. She breathed a sigh of relief and went back to attending the various buzzing gadgets. The infant woke up from her slumber.

"Aren't you quiet one?" She whispered in her ear, "You are going to be mommy's little angel".

She had promised herself not to pick favourites but, her baby girl was the least troubling among her otherwise energetic kids.

"Where is our chocolate mum?"

The twins had licked their plates empty. They called Bittuji in as witness.

"Uncle, you stand witness. We ate all of it, even licked the plate".

Bittuji, a  chubby old man with a receding hair line, sided with the twins.

"Bittuji, kehne ko toh aap RK ke assistant ho lekin chamchagiri innki karte ho. And you two, I taught to you to eat with a fork and knife. Do not attack your food like circus animals".

"Chocolate?"

The twins' attention was fixated on their reward. She took out the smallest piece of Belgium white chocolate from her secret hiding spot and handed it to the boys. They gave her a kiss on either cheek and clung to Bittuji's arms.

"Off you go. Be safe and learn something while at school", she looked at her boys with loving eyes.

"Bhabhiji aap aur chief toh sirf mujhe tankhwah dete hain. Kaam toh mein inke liye karta hoon". He left before Madhu could add in her word.

"You will spoil them even more than their dad already has". She yelled loud enough for Bittuji to hear.

She did not like being the bad guy in every parenting crisis. Alas, she had to. Her husband was not home enough to know what was going on his kids' lives. She felt her insecurities kicking in again. Fortunately, her trusty tablet reminded of the meeting she had in ten minutes. She dropped everything, excluding her infant of course, and headed downstairs to her home office. She placed her baby girl in her crib nearby and tuned in to a video conference call with, what looked like, a group of elite corporate personnel.

"Ms. Nair, I assure you not even a minute piece of information about my client is posted on the social media sites without my say so".

She projected confidence in her tone, a trait she thought she inherently lacked. Or, was it just the personal front where she was sheepish? Right, she had to avoid negative thoughts for now and focus on the task at hand- make a successful business deal. The potential clientele was impressed.

"Mrs. Kundra, we are pleased to have you as the new social media representative for Sony Media Inc. We hope to witness you translate the success of Mr. Kundra's online image to our group of companies. I am positive that, with your work ethic, there will be no issues".

"We have a deal. Enjoy your day".

She abruptly ended the call to tend to her daughter who was on the verge of crying from the lack of attention.

"Just like Rishabh, aren't you? Always wanting me by your side".

There they were again. The fleeting thoughts, the ominous thoughts of her and her husband breaking up. She tried her damnedest to dismiss them as suspicions but, the thoughts came back to haunt her everyday. Were the affairs all just rumours? Had he never felt the need to find another girl: a prettier, younger girl?

Madhu knew she embodied poise but, the poise had grown old. She was well into her thirties. Maybe, she did not have what it took to appeal to a man with an impeccable taste. Had he grown tired of her? Why else was he not coming home often? Why did she need to find his whereabouts via texting, twitter or worse from the tinsel town gossip girls?

Whatever this was, was her fault. RK had not changed one bit. It was Madhu who had evolved into a new person. Sure, she had become independent, taken up responsibility and even excelled at her niche career. Still, she found herself doing less than impressive work in her personal life. She had been a bad mother. One who was easily aggravated by her own children. What kind of a mother does that? Mums are supposed to be these giving creatures who take love, hate and indifference from their children with equal affection. Not her, she was doing it all wrong. She had certainly not been a good wife. Rishabh had been a man true to character in all their years of marriage. He still carried his signature coiffure. He  still had that strut of a walk that exuberated confidence. She was  very much in love with RK. But, was he? Had she given him any reason to be?

Madhu pointed out her limitations as  she inspected herself in the mirror. When was the last time she had put on lingerie? When did she turn from an hour glass beauty with the bare back to a Republican Condoleezza Rice. She stripped off her modest pant suit and slipped into a sari from the good old days. Ten years and three kids later, Madhu surprised herself by fitting into the outfit with ease. She decided that, at least for now, her apprehensions had no tangible proof.

A/N: Ideally, I would like to stop writing here. Some stories do not have an ending. However, from past experience, I know you all are NOT going to be happy. You WILL be vocal about your frustrations. Therefore, HAPPY ENDING below, Enjoy!

Edited by iiDona - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DonnaHarvey thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Madhu removed the dust settled on her gold jewellery box and admired the intricate artwork that adorned its edges. She had not played dress up in ages. She had become too busy to find time for herself or her marriage. But, could she blame anyone else? She chose this labyrinth of a lifestyle. She could just as easily have hired a nanny, a chef, a chauffeur and a personal assistant. She chose an organic routine. In an effort to create the Mrs. Kundra imageur, she may have lost herself along the way. She needed to find RK's Madhu before it was too late. Then, pride knocked at her doorstep. She would never want to be perceived as the typical housewife fishing for compliments. So, she covered up her waist with the sari pallu.

"Dress your age, Madhu", she told off her inner child. 

She had become an expert at suppressing her wants.

"Remember when you used to butter up Rishabh with hugs and kisses to get that new pair of earrings ?" She spoke to her reflection in the mirror.

Ever since she started earning a living of her own, she had never asked him for another gift.

"I don't have a reason to any more. What would he think? I am not greedy".

This was not the first time she tried to reason with her emotions. She always pretended to be on top of her game. This had become the norm of the Kundra household. Madhubala had hidden her vulnerable side from Rishabh for so long that she had lost track. If the physical intimacy was kept aside, her relationship with RK had turned platonic. She wondered where she lost their emotional connection. 

When was the last time they shared a moment? Yes, the Christmas from two years ago. Rishabh had launched the twins in his  big budget movie project. She was ecstatic to see the father and sons share screen space. The movie had been praised by children and adults alike. Madhu was quick to accept credit. After all, it was her sons they were talking about.

"I don't know about RK but my babies, they can never give a flop", she had jokingly told the reporters. "They have learned from the best, ME".

RK had never been so proud of his family. He had showered his boys with the best of toys. For Madhu, he had kept that special set of bangles; Rs. 100 bangles from the street vendor. They held minimal material value yet, meant the world to his wife. Madhu had carefully kept each dozen in a safe as if, they were her most priced possession. They symbolized her ties to Rishabh, ten years of togetherness and only eight dozens to show for it. Rishabh had not been around last Christmas; an outdoor shoot as usual. Sure he had sent gifts for the kids but, not even a greeting card for Madhu. She had been dealing with the flying rumours of RK cheating on her with multiple debutantes. Yet, the lack of her husband's seasons greetings hurt the most. Madhu had prepared herself for another heartbreak this holiday. There was no way Rishabh was coming back now.

She should have seen those initial signs of drift. She should have tried to save her relationship. Instead, she became ever so focused on being a mother. They conceived again and she became busy with another baby. Had Rishabh become a convenient commodity for her? One she could do without?

No, she needed RK because she loved him. She could do without his money, fame, even his active participation in her life but, not his love. As she struggled with the opposing thoughts, she noticed her phone buzzing on the dresser.

"Hello".

"Madhu? Rishabh."

"RK", she wiped away a stray tear. What was this foreign feeling taking over her senses?

"Madhu, can you hurry in here?"

Ah, it was happiness she was feeling. Her Rishabh had called her after an endless period of silence. She noticed the time on the wall clock. Thirty minutes till she had to pick up the boys.

"The boys, I need to"

"I will ask Bittuji", RK cut her mid-sentence.

"Bittuji was supposed to leave for Delhi?"

"I will send someone else Ms. Pareshan. Hurry up, will you?"

"What's the matter? Why such urgency?"

"We are getting divorced, that's what. Get your ass in here", he hung up the phone.

Her suspicions were not bogus. It was the dead of their marriage. The loss of an identity she held so dear. She dropped the baby off with Malik and made her way to RK's film set.

The set was dark one, much like the other times RK had planned something silly. Madhu had learned quite a bit with time. She carried a flashlight with her at all times. She took out her handy dandy light to search for her husband. Her fears had subsided to give way to excitement. What trick did RK have up his sleeve this time? Suddenly, the light shone on Rishabh's face.

"Kya Biwi, you ruined my divorce party". She dropped the flashlight on the floor. So, they really were getting divorced. As she bent down to pick up the fallen object, the lights turned on with serine music filling the air.

"Surprise", yelled her twins carrying their little sister in a stroller.

"The divorce?"

"Mazaak tha biwi"

"Koyi itna bhadha mazaak karta hai?"

RK saw Madhu blushing after years.

"Mein aaj bhi tumhe chonkaane ki taakat rakhta hoon", he pulled her in by the waist. "Aur tum aaj bhi sharmaane ki nazaakat rakhti ho".

Madhu repeatedly hit RK on the chest till her heart content. She had never felt so foolish, so childish, so vulnerable yet, so secure. In a moment's notice, RK had managed to turn around her years of self doubt. He still loved her, he still cared.

"Bacche dekh rahen hain", she pretended to shy away.

"Aise hi keh rahi ho biwi. Mann mein toh tumhare bhi laddoo phoot rahe hein", the groom teased his bride.

"I am sorry I have not been around. See, I have only one family to take care of, you and my kids. You, on the other hand, have two other ones. The Bhatias, don't get me started on those hooligans. Spent last Christmas in the wake of their kartoots. Trishna is a tough nut to crack as well. I bet she stole your Christmas gift. Even this Diwali, I was busy taking care of her movie instead of spending time with you. I have had it up to here with those fools, your sister included. Biwi, I didn't want to trouble you with their petty issues. But, from now on, you handle their birthdays, anniversaries and money needs. I'm done", RK lifted his hands up in the air. Madhu flung toward him and kissed him on the lips. He breathed down her neck before parting. He saw his boys staring at their parents in shock.

"Biwi, bacche dekh rahen hein", he smirked at his embarrassed wife.

"Mummy and daddy need time to love now. Go play  children".

RK winked at his boys.

"Don't say such things. They are kids for God's sake". She gave her husband the stink eye.

"A kiss before you go", she opened her arms for her twins.

"Why don't you get that from daddy?" With those words, the kids ran away, leaving their parents together and in peace.

Edited by iiDona - 11 years ago
a typical wife lol. nyc update and plz give it happy ending.
r well Madhu also is the reason for d weakning of emotional side of relationship. RK still love her, but she was so really busy in her life, no tym for him ? Their relationship is strong by only RK's side.Madhu has doubts, because she know she has done many things wrong. But in the end she realized it.Edited by deepak148 - 11 years ago
Essence.. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I will comment ASAP

Edited*
Wow! Rishbala on their middle age. Lovely. 
I am addicted to your writing. OMG!!
 Usually I dont read ffs or os because they are too heck long but for this one I was like "thats it??" I wanted to read more. I wanted to see Rk's entry.
Goshhh!! update it asap.
And that Krishna and Mohan names are too cute. Whats her baby girl name btw? I hope its not Padmini.😆
Edited by _MagnificentM_ - 11 years ago
Vsoujanya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
hahaha you know us tooo well!! lol aww typical mother life for Madhu. Waiting for the ending, hope you post it soon. :)
Udhay thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Well written one!
Good work Dona..
Poor Madhu is suffering from the 30s syndrome! 🤣
I reserve my final opinion after this OS is complete! :)
Edited by --Udhay-- - 11 years ago
Licyabhingya thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
great OS... well i like it the way it is penned down... and would also take in a nice ending with as much happiness...
anushka2112 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
wht a crstal fruture ball..!!..nice  OS...great write up...three kids OMG...but would love to see RISHBALA together...and some family scenes...
Thanks for the PM ...
Jane523 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
awww ... so cute bt no rk in dis os
loved it.madhu being so dutiful mother n loved d twins
nice nice