STAR PLUS should not only consider TRPs!!

be-happy-always thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
I thought Star Plus is an aweome channel with different concepts goin' on in every show!
So many good shows r there - IPKKND, PKD, EHMMBH, etc...
Even the show- Teri Meri Love stories was awesome!!

But from the last 2-3 years, it's been really just concentrating on the TRPs only!!!!
They ended good shows which everybody liked a lot! They don't care about the number of views on internet...they just see the  TRPs!!!

That is really annoying...this way, people will really avoid watching star shows!

Shows like:
Kis Des mein hai mera dil (Such an awesome love story pounded with eternal love),

Satyamev Jayate (A show which actually brought up many hidden issues!! and made people think about the things around them n analyse them considering the social scenario),

Teri meri love stories (It was so refreshing to see love stories happily ending- after a week of full workload!! Something soothing to the heart...after studying / doing job...),

Sajda Tere Pyaar Mein (The only love story aired on star plus that actually had to show sacrifices in love because of the national service that a normal student like us had to do - who never even used to take words like 'patriotism' seriously!),

Sasuraal Genda Phool (The only show loved by whole of the families including kids, mature adults, teens n elderly - so much happy-going positive energy in the show unlike the other saas-bahu shows...n there was not even that kind of 'villain' in the show!!!)

n so many more shows like these!

I think they should see the number of people viewing these shows on internet...coz everybody is not free to watch it at the time aired...they like the show n they may watch it on any website...

Star Plus' taking decisions only based on TRPs is gonna produce a lot of anger in the public...
I'm not gonna mention the names of the shows but there are a few shows which are really not worth running! Just because the aunties sitting free at home watch those kinda shows n don't let TRPs fall, they r still on!

I'm not sure why this happened exactly but "Imagine" channel was so awesome with the show like 'Kitni Mohabbat Hai season 1' ...
they ended it n then realized how much people loved the show! n then, they came up with second season which was not that successful! n gradually it had to bring up more shows...but seriously, I feel the channel would have existed today also,
had there been public-loved-shows with longer tenure considering the online viewers!

My apologies to the Star Plus team for writing like this but really, many are hurt...(aur pichhle kayi shows khatam hone ki bhadaas thi jo mere liye nikalni bohat zaroori thi!)

Edited by be-happy-always - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผjust to bring this post up๐Ÿ˜Š
Maneetkraze thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Agree with you completely!!! But I dont think this trp business is going to change just yet. It will probably take many more years for that.

You just reminded me of my favorite show ever on tv - Sasural Genda Phool!!! I miss it so much!!! Still cant believe that SP ended it:(
Edited by Maneetkraze - 11 years ago
shobrakapooor thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
sp is bent on trp's!! actually tmls was gaining gud trp's but the stupid channel didnt give think to give it a chance!! idiots
yes...n i don't understand that in this era where people watch most of the shows online, they see the TRP?
sky_fighter thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
well said
they really shouldnt do this
TMLS was a great show
new concept 
something refreshing and they ended it !
thats just sad