Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

smj1977.shruti thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

I don't know if my doubts are true or are they only my imagination, but I am sure MK is dating with someone else. I told Daadi about it, but she just smiled and said, "Sameera, its true that Maan never wanted to marry, but it was not because he loved someone else, he refused because he knew he won't be able to give time to his wife" I gave her a week smile, I have heard these lines so many times in last 5 years that I know them by heart. Now she will tell me how in his college days Maan used to avoid girls to such an extent that they started doubting if he was a gay. Then Annie, my sister in law will add that, how in the college everyone taunted that her brother was not straight, but his veer never paid heed to all this and continued to concentrate in his studies and business.

Today I have come to his Khandala office as my detective told me that this was the place he visits almost every weekend. But he just called me to tell that MK has been held in an urgent meeting and was heading to Gurgoan instead, if that detective Yash would have been in front of me I would have trashed him. Now how will I reach there at such short notice, it was near Delhi and here I am in Maharashtra, so I decided to spend my time here in a resort and call it a holiday. If MK was caught in a meeting he would certainly not meet that woman today.

I asked the manager the directions of my cottage and started walking towards it. I still remember the day I met MK for the first time, he was sitting in the lobby with disinterest written on his face, I too was not interested in marrying him, but unlike his dislike towards marriage, my reason was that I loved Arjun. When the elders left us alone to talk, he did not utter a word but after few minutes left from there, I too was not bothered. Later his Daadi Savitri Devi called us and told us that they are ready and the engagement date should be fixed as soon as possible, as Maan wanted to get married within a week. I was too shocked to react, I tried calling Arjun but his cell was out of reach. Arjun was in army and was posted on the North east border of the country; there was always a network problem there. He had gone only 4 days back.

I went to his house but it was locked, the neighbors told me that they all have left a day after Arjun, but where have they gone no one knew. I was shattered, I decided to tell my parents everything, but as I reached home I found that my grandfather had an heart attack, so I had to keep quite.

I was married to MK within a week, on our SR we consummated, I was afraid he might know that I was know a virgin but he did not say anything, he did everything as if he had done rehearsals many times how to conduct SR. he was very particular about intercourse, I will not say making love because I never felt love in his touch, he did things out of duty.  I never had periods after marriage, there were celebrations and when the doctor asked about my last period I remembered it was a month before my marriage, I had a doubt was this baby Arjun's but maybe I am wrong, I had an irregular cycle I told the doctor. After 8 months of marriage I delivered a healthy girl, she was just like me, my exact scanned copy.

My days and nights went caring and loving her. After the first month of marriage MK never came to me at night, he always slept in the study. At first I did not object and later I did not know how to call him to sleep with me. I knew he did not love me, but every man has needs, if he was not in about sex than why did he come to me for the first month, was it just for the sake of making a child. I don't know why he is not attracted to me. In front of others he behaves like a normal husband, he holds my hand, dances with me, laughs with me, remembers my birthday, our anniversary, he even adores Pia, our daughter; but inside the room we are like strangers.

From six months I am having this doubt that he is seeing someone, I have often seen him talking merrily on the phone, and he is out every weekend. When he returns I can tell that his clothes carried a different smell, but I am not able to confront him. So I hired this stupid good for nothing detective Yash.

My chain of thoughts was interrupted by the sound of familiar voices, I slowly followed the voices to see who was there, the voice so much sounded like MK and the other female voice also sounded familiar, but MK was in Gurgoan, so what is he doing here, or has Yash been wrongly informed about the meeting.

I went near the voices and hid myself behind the trees, and peeked yes it was MK and the female voice was of Geet, what is she doing here? Geet is Arjun's sister, is Arjun also somewhere around, my heart leaped, I controlled my desire to run and ask Geet about Arjun. I silently hid there listening to their conversation.

G: Maan I am asking you again for the nth time why?

M: Geet why don't you say yes?

G: first give me one reason for it

M: you are being selfish

G: ok now I am being selfish and who was the person who was selfish all those years back?

M: Geet that is what I am saying, I am selfish, then why are you ruining your life for a person like me

G: I have a right to do whatever I want from my life, did I for once asked you why you betrayed me?

M: Geet, I don't regret it

G: look Maan I did not ask you and now you have no right to ask me, you are a married man, and a father too

M: I won't have come but your father asked me to pursue you

G: oh that is the reason why you are chasing me every weekend for last 6 months and I thought

M: I no more love you Geet, I have only come because Arjun was my best friend and I respect your parents as mine

I am puzzled, why MK was referring to Arjun as was

G: oh and you did not think once before betraying your best friend's sister, as soon as Arjun Bhai died, you married his girlfriend, within a week Maan, within a week, you did not even wait for his last rituals to complete and you married his Girl friend

M: yes, I married her, I always have wanted to marry her, and I got this opportunity and I knew if Sameera will know about his death she will refuse to marry me, that is the reason why, I asked you  all to go to your native place for his last rituals so that Sameera will never know about his death and she would be mine for ever.

Arjun is dead, my mind was blank, he died, and there his last rituals were being carried out and here I was marrying MK, shame on me, and shame on MK, I wanted to shout, but I lost my voice, I wanted to run and slap MK but I could not. I closed my eyes, I heard Geet's voice again

G: Maan you don't know one thing, you are a very bad liar, you can't even lie.

M: what non sense, why will I lie?

G: Maan look at me, I say Maan look at me (she grabbed his shirt collar) you love her; I know you always loved Arjun Bhai; you always treated him like your own brother. I know why you married Sameera in such a hurry

M (pushing her): ok you know everything, now just go and get married to Dev, he is a nice man, he will keep you happy

G: she looks like Arjun Bhai so much; soon Sameera will also realize this

M (horrified): no it is not true, Pia is my daughter, only mine, even Sameera knows this

G: born in 8 months of marriage

M: Babies do come before the allotted time

G: it was not only you who knew about the reports even I saw the reports, while cleaning Bhai's cupboard

M: Geet!!!

G: yes, Maan I saw them, and I realized Bhai was not able to show the reports to Sameera, so she never knew she was pregnant with his child, she always had irregular cycle, she missed her periods every 2-3 months, I also found a letter that he has written, but he never got a chance to give it to Sameera

M: all this is your imagination

G: the letter said, Dear Sameera, look at the reports, I will be a father is just 8 months, I will talk to your parents in a day or two, you must be wondering why I am writing this when I can tell you on the phone, I don't know but why I feel like telling you this through the letter' the letter was unfinished, may at that time he got the call and in a hurry he pushed the reports and the letter in the envelope and kept them in the drawer of his desk'. But how did you know Maan?

M: this is all your imagination

G: then swear on Pia, that what I am telling is not true

M: Geet

G: tell me Maan. How did you know?

M: I was with Arjun when he was collecting his medical report, with them Sameera's report was also attached, he jokingly said, Maan look Sameera is pregnant with my baby, and I will talk to her parents, but if something happens to me before this will you marry her for my baby' I kicked him and yelled on him'. But you know him, he never gives up and I just nodded' at that time I did not know that what I was promising for' and before leaving he reminded me the promise and left for always. I did not know what to do, but I only knew one thing that Sameera does not know about it, and the best way was to marry her and make her believe that the child is mine.

G: I knew Maan it was something like that. At first I thought what you wanted me to think, for 4 and a years I cursed you, but when I found this envelope I knew there was some other story.

M: I am sorry Geet, please marry Dev

G: I am proud of you Maan

M: you never listen to me (shouted)

G: I know when to listen to you

M: Geet

G: you still love me Maan

M: I just love Pia, and that's all

G: Maan I will not marry Dev, and that's final

M: but, your father

G: Maan, I am going to London

M: what

G: yes, I will leave next week on Saturday

M: but

G: bye Maan, take care and

M: and

G: someday take Pia to meet my father

M: does he know

G: I don't know, but maybe

M: ok

G: thanks for everything, bye

M: good bye Geet, take care and someday try to marry someone

G: let's see.

Geet left and Maan sat there on the ground, I did not know what to say or what to do, I thought that Arjun Betrayed me (Arjun Bewafa tha) then I thought MK  is betraying me (Maan bewafa hain) but now it is my destiny that has betrayed me (meri kismat hi bewafa hain)

A week later

Geet was packing her things, her cell rang, it was some land line number

G: hello

S: hello Geet, Sameera here

G: Sameera?

S: yes, Geet I want to say something

G: yes

S: I thought Arjun left me, he betrayed me

G: Sameera

S: please don't interrupt

G: ok

S: then I thought MK is betraying, you all these years thought MK betrayed you and Arjun, but Geet the truth is no one betrayed anyone, but everyone was betrayed (kisine kisiko se bewafai nahi ki, koi bewafa nahin tha, phir bhi bewafai hui, hum sab ki kismet hi bewafa thi) it was our destiny that betrayed us

G: Sameera please

S: no Geet, I know the whole truth now, they say that mother knows who is her child's father, but look at me how dumb I am, my daughter's biological father knew she is his daughter, my daughter's legal father knows she is not his daughter , and  I don't know this, how illogical of me, I am sorry Geet for ruining your life as well as MK's life, but now I will undo all mistakes

G: what will you do?

S: nothing, Destiny will do, bye

G: hello, hello

Sameera cuts the phone, Geet dials the number only to know it was a number of a STD PCO and the lady has left. Geet sighed and prayed for everything to be right. And continued packing her things.

Geet was on her way to the airport, when her cell rang, she received the call

G: hello

Other person: is it Geet?

G: yes, who are you?

OP: Sameera died in an accident

G: what? When? How?

OP: just an hour ago, she was declared dead, her car slipped and lost balance hitting in a standing dumper truck.

G: OMG, but who are you?

OP: Aditya

G: Adi

A: yes

G: I am on my way to KM

A year later,

Mk was sitting on the sofa with Pia and playing video game

P: Maa, Popcorns please

A woman hands her popcorns after 5 mins, she is Geet

-----THE END-----

that's all 

hope I did justice with the story

hit the like tab 

leave comments

you have to only once leave a comment as this is an ONE SHOT

please comment

Shruti

Edited by smj1977.shruti - 11 years ago
maansee thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
hi shruti u r here... mee looking thereπŸ˜‰
maansee thumbnail
teacher ji

finish your pending works first 
maansee thumbnail
  omg lovely one shot... kaha se aatey hai intney ideas... loved the story... sach hi to hai kistam mai likh koi nahi taal sakta...

maan did every thing for his friends... hi made her believe that he is the father of pia...

hatts of to your writing...

a standing ovation from all of your friends at india forum . love u shruti ... i m feeling proud to be known by u... thanks for coming in our life ...

πŸ‘ πŸ‘    πŸ‘  πŸ‘   πŸ‘     πŸ‘     πŸ‘    πŸ‘      πŸ‘     πŸ‘     πŸ‘      πŸ‘    πŸ‘     πŸ‘   πŸ‘        πŸ‘       πŸ‘     πŸ‘πŸ‘
πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘   πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
smj1977.shruti thumbnail

Originally posted by: maansee

omg lovely one shot... kaha se aatey hai intney ideas... loved the story... sach hi to hai kistam mai likh koi nahi taal sakta...

maan did every thing for his friends... hi made her believe that he is the father of pia...

hatts of to your writing...

a standing ovation from all of your friends at india forum . love u shruti ... i m feeling proud to be known by u... thanks for coming in our life ...

πŸ‘ πŸ‘    πŸ‘  πŸ‘   πŸ‘     πŸ‘     πŸ‘    πŸ‘      πŸ‘     πŸ‘     πŸ‘      πŸ‘    πŸ‘     πŸ‘   πŸ‘        πŸ‘       πŸ‘     πŸ‘πŸ‘
πŸ‘   πŸ‘

i am flat red

i mean flattered
😳
deepali1022 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
awesum os...
luv'd it...
Remya_Pillai thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Loved the os...
Actually i m speechless to say anything..
The sudden turn of events really dint give any tym to think...
Really beautiful..
sdlife19 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
nice one yaar...

ya.. sometimes even our desting betrays us
chavvi16 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
wow what an os wonderful
so true what sameera said it was destiny that was bewafaa
take_a_hint thumbnail