Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sonali.19281 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: koolsadhu1000

can I say a BIG BOLD DITTO on that.. You pretty much summed what I strongly believe.. about our country.. talking of history.. or His-Story.. i have reasons to believe history is nothing but a doctrine of dominion.. very unidimensional and one-sided at tht.. esp the way its taught in schools.. wrt Indian history.. every outside ruler whether the british raj or Alexander have been shown tainted.. altho the same urge of dominion in our own rulers is given esteem.. pretentions galore..but its not just our own history.. its the same everywhr.. Indian Independence saga wld be totally diff had u taken the course in EnglandπŸ˜† they tell u India was a lost venture for the east india co. and hence they left..

and as of now.. its cute to sit and talk of vedas, the soney ki chidiya, and our esteem heritage to make ourselves feel good amidst all the demons of corruption and politics tht haunt our nation.. yes we need to first acknowledge our own frivolities as citizens and race before selectively showing the pretty picture.. and covering the mirth.. show off the taj mahal but dont cower to accept the biggest slum either is my take..😊

and yes past legacy aside.. we as a nation need to be in sync with the norm of this era.. the corporate crusade.. and the MNCs are doing tht.. they r not doing benevolence but atleast they r contributing to the nation more than the ideology and religion sermonizing pundits.. Reliance, Tata Wipro and such are the present and future of India.. no one can deny tht.. one can close their eyes to it in the name of upholding small scale industries  but tht is just being stupid.. if you cant beat them join them.. and make sure you deserve a share.. and coming back the MBs context I can't disregard the complete lack of responsibility shown towards V. Ind as if it was only a Virani toy.. in reality.. the board may just decide to take over V. Ind from the virani boys if they think they are but a liability..

V. Ind is bigger than IMV, VV, SV.. its an establishment.. just like Reliance is bigger than just the ambanis now.. it will go on even if the ambani bro wanted to give up and leave for bahamasπŸ˜‰

Edited by sonali.19281 - 12 years ago

tiny15 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
@kools talking abt history is that i m pretthy sure abt my conviction of reliance bcoz i'd alos studied history v.deeply just like sum sub i mentioned. and i'dn't only studied those sub.which i mentioned 2 u but also many oders apart from science sub.
so i m quite sure wat place it"ll b getting. bcoz  history may b difft from each of country liek sum1 said that 4 england india was a lost venture of east india co. but fact remains that they were operessors. and abt alex etc. they were also opressor & its even said by their own historians that at that time alex didn't cross beas bcoz of fear of Magadha empire's vast army & not bcoz his army was home sick. if u want 2 a even unbiased fact google abt alex & u know the truth.even thye've accepted that at that time Indians were considered v.powerful.

may b 4 sum history is biase bcoz earlier it used by emperors & even by british. and 4 uir kind info british didn't bring railways etc. in india 4 their poor natives but 4 their own benefits so that raw material in the form of cotton & steel(which was/is best in the world)cud b sent from villages 2 big indian towns & from there 2 Manchester 2make cloths & then 2 sell at higher prices at india again.thatswhy Mahatama Gandhi asked 2 burn the foriegn clothes. at that 2 E.I. Co. was considered a s business venture only but now if u read world history u find it as opressor only.

@oders and abt vedas i m not saying by sitting quitely or just making big talks. i'd also rad their inference even in history & if u don't know anything properly abt oder things don't mock oders or make fun of oders.

and sati  pratha was/is not represented Indian culture or civilization. even these thing which get prominence at sum time in past doesn't mean it represents the whole period. they were/r considered stages. even at that time wen sati was so prevelant then 2 why "Lord Macaulay" praised India's social, moral & human values &a sked  these 2 b replaced by british educn so that they can create the "brown babus full of money-minded widout human values".thatswhy i gave ref. of Indica & Lord Macaulay.

even if its giving bad signal then why foreigners still cum 2 India 2 learn abt spiritual, moral & human values?? doesn't they've spiritual leaders like their own Popes or do u think their bishops etc. don't've moral & human values??have any1 heard Indians going abroad in quets of spiritual, moral & human values like US, UK or european countries which r so-called prosperous countries wid the help of corporates!!πŸ˜•πŸ˜• and i m also not saying that 4 doing business u've not use sum tactics but asking sum1 2 murder sum1 so that he can't bring ur true face in front of whole world is not business only!!i m only saying that 2 make urself great we don't need 2 degrade oders or harm oders!!yes if sum1 is trying 2 harm u & then u defend urself & doing that u harm that prsn then its acceptable but not in the way like IMV did!!

and i also luv my country but not blind that i can't see where its wrong.and i don't even think u as don't luv ur country.and i'd said sum of v. harsh things abt India . u can see in UT forum where Cali'd opened a thread titled"wat i learned from UT"!!πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†and i always criticize 2days India's condn like corruption or sumtimes our insensitvity etc.
and yes i agree wat our ancestors preached or advocated we don't follow but its not the case wid all. i try 2 maintain the balance btn my culture, human values & modernization alongwid practicality.
sree.m thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Very well said Tiny, In my view loving Indian ethics and culture is not about making a Villian hero πŸ˜΅πŸ₯± Its all about imbibing the good values you come across and being progressive and open minded. 
Edited by sree.m - 12 years ago
koolsadhu1000 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Dolly , My answer to u was a rebuttal on your statement that India will be remembered for its HUMANITY in the future , not for companies like Reliance , as they will be hardly remembered in history . That was the essence of your statement and I disagreed . I think Tatas , Ambanis , Mittals etc who contribute a lot to the economic growth of our country will NEVER be obliterated from history , in our history textbooks JRD TATA is still given a big paragraph and page for opening the first plant and taking India to great heights in industry . So I really don't understand on WHAT basis u feel that Reliance will not be remembered .I must confess I am very very puzzled . But let us leave that , as U seem to be very firm in your convictions . I will only say this much ...I differ . Mukesh Ambani has received the award for GLOBAL VISION from the United states . Its no mean achievement , those guys have taken India to international fame and when that happens , one GOES DOWN IN HISTORY . 

Now for Lord Macaulay . Why Just him , there are MANY British thinkers who have praised India for its Spiritual heritage and  how that was inculcated in every SOCIAL UNIT . What made us great  was that our social units like family unit or a village or a community as a whole were based on these spiritual goals . In every ashram of our life the base was working towards self realization ...be it the Gurukul system , Grihasthashram , later Sanyashram . Macaulay talked about THAT ...to replace British Education by reverting to a system devised by our great ancients based on this goal ...as he observed that if the remnants of that lost system were THIS VALUABLE AND BEAUTIFUL , then HOW much more beautiful the original must have been . THIS was the essence of Macaulay's thought . 

What did he observe in his stay in India , travelling through many parts ? The REMNANTS of that ancient System that were fast disintergrating  and being absorbed in Western culture . But make NO MISTAKE ...he observed the REMNANTS . He pointed out that even that was valuable . Preserve that , was his advice .

Are we preserving that ? Nope . Today we r so overpopulated that its impossible to bring the Gurukul system back . 

If during Macaulay's time he observed the remnants of our heritage that filtered down and had so much potential ...today that what Macaulay observed had dwindled and diminished even MORE .

We quote Macaulay , yes . But do we observe that what Macaulay saw ...the remants of a beautiful system are literally becoming non existent today ? So whats the point in just quoting Macaulay and falling  back on past glory ?  Aaj Ki Sthiti Kya Hai ? Did we learn from what Macaulay said and restart our Gurukul Sustem or have we kept Macaulay in a history book with his printed thoughts to be used as a tool while trying to win an argument by saying No No Even the British thought our Culture was great And we r a great humanatarian country , those words prove it ?  Long after Macaulay left , Where r we today ?

I will tell u . The corruption in the education system has increased SO much ...that a boy with 90% has NO HOPES for becoming a doctor if he dreams as even THAT is not enough in the rat race of percentages . 

The remants of that social system that Macaulay observed r fast vanishing . Instead of trying to hint that since the Westerners often comment on our culture as great and come to India to study it coz their own is not as great and wholesome enough ...let us first see that we wake up and understand that indeed our culture was great bcoz EVEN THE WESTERNERS SAY SO .  We sit up and then start paying attention ...left to ourselves we have SIMPLY TAKEN IT FOR GRANTED and allowed it to decay . 

If they recognise our value , this speaks well for THEM and their VISION . Not us , as we allowed the full system to perish and were unable to value even the remnants till they pointed it out . 

Sonali is NOT mocking the Vedas or the daal Daal par sone ki chidiya song . What she is saying is r we HONEST enough to show the Taj Mahal and the greatest slum Dharavi in the same breath . We show what our ancestors left us . What have WE done ? How long will we keep falling back on past glory ?? Even that Tajmahal is not being preserved properly due to industrial pollution ...so much jhamela is being done even about THAT . 

That dal Pe sone ki chidiya song , again , is about BHARAT VARSHA . India was then Bharat Varsha , and its boundaries extended upto Afghanistan ,Nepal , Bhutan etc . Again , remember we r singing about ANCIENT GLORY .  Today forget SONE KI CHIDIYA on every branch , trees r cut down and we see STREET urchins in tattered underwear , showing the great poverty that infests our country .

Inspite of this I love my country .Why ? Coz I was born in it . But I will NOT use past glory statements either to undermine other cultures as insufficient in themselves or to pat myself on my back to say We r Great in humanity . We ignore our poor , corruption has escalated like no ones business and if the Sati phase has gone , dowry burning came and if that has gone , discarding old people and staying seperate phase has come . From no angle do I see us as HUMANE today . We have to WORK towards achieving that title and have a long way to go is my only point .

Meanwhile , on economic front India has potential to become a superpower and lets not trivialize the contribution of the Ambanis etc was my point . 

U keep repeating again and again about MURDER attempts by IMV . I have already condemned that and criticized creatives for taking it to that level . I appreciate this character not for these deeds . I appreciate this character coz extremely realistic and valuable thoughts were spoken through his mouth ...thoughts to which I could relate as he spoke the KADWA SACH . Bitter Truth . Other characters spoke of ROSY IDEALISM . I cud not relate to it .  The black spot on this grey character were those murder attempts , which as a writer I would have not done . It is an error in the sketching of a character if ur a writer and u don't know where to stop , especially if it is a serial .😊

If foreigners come to India to study our ANCIENT spiritual Values let us not assume that only their Popes and Bishops r lacking spiritually and r corrupt . Our pundits and brahmins have distorted our culture equally to propogate male chauvinism . The Vedic culture was different , these handful few DISTORTED it and hence social evils like Sati , dowry etc arose .Why criticise only them ? They come to other lands in quest of self realisation as they don't lack money but their need now is something else. We go to their lands in search of material upliftment as we lack THE BASICS .

You may have achieved a balance in ur life , I do NOT doubt that at all . But You fall in the ten Percent . 90% r in a very bad state Dolly , confused on ALL levels . They blatantly ape West without understanding where THEY come from .They blatantly CRITICIZE the West and propogate that they r better than them as their ancestors were great . This is the bottomline of their attitude . I only say yes, our past glory is great but our current conditions suck . Let us be realistic .
Shahrukh acted in TWO MOVIES . SWADES and PARDES . I don't like PARDES as it glorifies ourselves falsely . But I like SWADES coz it is a more realistic deduction .

Thats all .

Edited by koolsadhu1000 - 12 years ago
manuambergarg thumbnail
i have a free classified website which allow users to post free ads without registration signup login email confirmation catptcha classified.m11.in
tiny15 thumbnail
@kools i m not saying that these cos. won't b rembered totally but i m saying that they were not remembered as sumthing 2 b followed if they use corrupt practices. there may b lesson like rise & downfall etc.etc.

i know & rem v.well abt plant 2 b opened by Tatas in history!! but now its getting caught in so many scandals like singur case & even 2G spectrum case etc. do u think that it won't b included in the history after 20-25yrs. later?? that was wat i wanted 2 say.

and abt Lord Macaulay's travelling he'd travelled length & breadth of the India and he didn't observe such ashrams but general public's behaviour .and even if he'd observed this thing in towns & cities such high standards of moral & human values then we can well imagine wat wud'd been the case of villages. but if u want 2 see the ref. u can see it in the history book on Modern India by Bipin Chandra!!

and if u'd read my posts clearly then u've noticed that nowhere i denied abt corrupn etc. maladies in 2days India. by reminding our great past doesn't mean we shudn't try 2 make it like that.and abt "sone ki chidiya" & dharavi etc. like thing is concerned. i v.well know abt these realities. but that doesn't mean we shud employ hook or crook methods 2 gain the economic heights. bcoz that"ll not b permanent but the temporary one!!i m not saying we shud always think abt past glory only & not doing anything abt it but rather i'd made it clear that reminding past glory means we've 2 achieve that glory again!!

and abt IMV CVs might've done that buthering by showing this. but still hes not the prsn 2 idolize atleast 4 me!!barring 3-4 dialogues none of his saying was bitter truth but only his own guilt which he wanted 2 cover wid those so-called bitter truths. his only aim was 2 make himself great but by degrading oders esply his parents. wat type of human was he??
and no1 was there of rosy idealism. u amy see those  things as like taht. bcoz its ur persective but not all ppl's.and all ppl doesn't mean the ppl who visit net but common ppl who even never cum 2 forums. they never liked IMV's tactics. wen D used the tactic of using word Euro instaed of Dollars then that was IMVs business tactic benefitting him but not harming oders like later on he did wid D & Manhar!!

and i agree that sum of religious prsns've used & r using religion even in India but still foreingners cum 4 these values only!!and yeah they've achieved economic wealth so now their need is difft from oders. an di'dn't even denied taht.

u r repeatdly saying abt being realistic but tell me where did i write that we shud always b idealistic only. i'd said idealism wid practicality i.e. benefitting ourself widout harming oders intentionally!!bcoz 2 make ourself great we need not cut oders throats!!😊
and neither i said i'd achieved balance rather said  i try 2 achieve always & gets sumtimes successful also!!i know most of the indians 2day  don't follow such thingsnor did i say such things. i only said that even if its common still it doesn't bcum rt.
i know the diff btn stealing of a bread by poor 4 his survival & stealing by a multi-millionaire 2 incearse his wealth only!!

and abt pardes & swades the both were nice & though i also consider swades better movie but  nowhere it degraded India or propagated the values endorsed by IMV type of ppl!!
hope u wud understood now wat i wanted 2 say  but u still cudn't undersatnd then i m sorry i cudn't b  that much clear!😊
koolsadhu1000 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
but that doesn't mean we shud employ hook or crook methods 2 gain the economic heights. bcoz that"ll not b permanent but the temporary one!!i 

Dolly u talk of practical idealism but ALL countries r doing THIS ONLY . πŸ˜Š If u think that countries around India r rising high the Devki Way its a very very idealistic notion . Corporate success is RUTHLESS . I see NO REASON why India should be left behind in this race as it fails to keep up due to idealism .  Idealism is very subjective . America sold arms and ammunition to both the Axis and The Allies powers during World War and rose as a super power . It was critcized for being unscruplous . But it became the super power and displaced even Britain . If we look around we find everyone trying to gain corporate success or win wars or advocate their foreign policies by hook or by crook only . Only our Indian serials show rubbish idealism that never works and does not exist . In real life this Devki wud not last even for a day in the corporate world .

Let us end this discussion on this note as this argument will go on and on and is endless .  Btw did NOT say Macaulay talked of ashrams ...I said our each social unit or ashram of life was based on the goal of self realisation . And that what Macaulay observed were the remnants of a social system . The most silly msg of this serial was  for a one month old fling An entire business empire must be shaken . I can NEVER accept this sort of bookish idealistic crap as NO fling isTHIS important . 

I also disagree that IMV did not speak bitter truth . He very much did is My opinon . I am not saying it is the popular opinon , but then I do see MANY posts asking why the hell he was shown going to Mangrol when the business was bult by HIM ...not Vaibhav , nor Sabina nor Siddarth and least of all Devki .

Let us end the discussion on this pleasant note .It was good talking to u .😊

Edited by koolsadhu1000 - 12 years ago
tiny15 thumbnail

Originally posted by: koolsadhu1000

but that doesn't mean we shud employ hook or crook methods 2 gain the economic heights. bcoz that"ll not b permanent but the temporary one!!i 

Dolly u talk of practical idealism but ALL countries r doing THIS ONLY . πŸ˜Š If u think that countries around India r rising high the Devki Way its a very very idealistic notion . Corporate success is RUTHLESS . 

Let us end this discussion on this note as this argument will go on and on and is endless .  Btw did NOT say Macaulay talked of ashrams ...I said our each social unit or ashram of life was based on the goal of self realisation . And that what Macaulay observed were the remnants of a social system . The most silly msg of this serial was  for a one month old fling An entire business empire must be shaken . I can NEVER accept this sort of bookish idealistic crap as NO fling isTHIS important . 

I also disagree that IMV did not speak bitter truth . He very much did is My opinon . I am not saying it is the popular opinon , but then I do see MANY posts asking why the hell he was shown going to Mangrol when the business was bult by HIM ...not Vaibhav , nor Sabina nor Siddarth and least of all Devki .

Let us end the discussion on this pleasant note .It was good talking to u .😊

i know & even understood sum of ur points & even agreed 2 them if u'd read my reply!!and i m also baffled by IMV going 2 mangrol?? CVs cud've showed him reducing his responsibilities but again wat can we do wen CVs'd decided sumthing stupid like this. and later on after sum yrs. leap they cud've shown him going back 2 Mangrol!!😊😊

and i also agree abt that now every oder country is employing these methods. but i was only saying that such happiness & prosperity is not permanent but a phase/stage.
i rem our guruji says if sum1 earn money from dharam then the bhog it gives u leads 2 sukh & moksh but earning thru adhrma leads 2 bhog & that leads 2 downfall of the prsn & his soul!!😊😊

and i m also happy 2 've discussion wid u. atleast i now understand ur POV regarding IMV though still i cudn't like that IMV!!πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Edited by tiny15 - 12 years ago
Alpha_Aakash thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
hey guys i read smwer that it was shobhana desai the producer who wanted the show to end as she has huge loss of money in this show..MB..and she wanted this show to end in JUNE itself...but colors had no other new show at that time...and she didnt want the afternoon 2:30pm slot...
trendzy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I wish they showed vaiki reunion...