In a candid chat with Pravesh --indya.com

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
In a candid chat with Pravesh
Buzz up!
Pravesh Rana, who started off as a contestant on the controversial reality show Bigg Boss, is now hosting three of the most popular shows on TV. Usually, he is the one asking questions but we turn the tables on him as we quiz him about his shows, hosts he admires and much more. Read on to find out the secrets of the handsome Pravesh.

By Natasha Coutinho
Showing 1 of 8 images Previous    Next

How is it hosting Chak Dhoom Dhoom, Emotional Atyachar and Love Lockup?
I am glad I got the opportunity to host these three shows. The novelty factor is that they are so different from each other. Versatility is important in a job and each of these shows gives me a new challenge. In Chak Dhoom Dhoom, I have to be cheerful and crack jokes whereas in Emotional Atyachar and Love Lockup, I have to understand the other person's situation and behave in a mature manner.

Given a chance, which of these shows would you like to participate in?
(Laughs) I am not a professional dancer. I am not as good as the participants in Chak Dhoom Dhoom, so I don't know if I am good enough to participate in the dance talent show. As for Emotional Atyachar and Love Lockup, I feel that there is no point in being in a relationship if you don't have faith in your partner. If you don't trust your partner, just end the relationship and move on, rather than hanging on, digging out the dirt. Having said that, I would like to add that, I am not undermining the situation of the people who come on the show. I am sure every relationship has complications.

Which Indian or foreign TV host inspires you and why?
As far as TV shows are concerned, I admire American Idol's host Ryan Seacrest. I think he is amazing. Among the Indian hosts, my choice is definitely Amitabh Bachchanji.

What do you enjoy more hosting, acting or modeling?
All three are different and can't be compared. Acting is fun while hosting has it's own charm and modeling gives me a high. I do only what I enjoy and I definitely enjoy all three of them.

Can we expect to see you acting in TV serials or films in the near future?
I am not keen on doing fiction on TV. You can expect to see me either participating in a reality show or hosting a reality show. I would love to get into Bollywood but I am very desperate either because these days 99 percent movies bomb at the box office. My fans, who have seen my work on TV, expect substantial projects and if I do take up a movie offer, I don't want to disappoint them. I would rather wait for the right opportunity.

How do you maintain a fit body despite working on three shows?
It is important to work out as well as eat healthy. You should smile often because it brings a glow and charm to your face. I try and keep myself in a happy mood always.

How do you chill out after the shoot?
I catch up with my friends, watch movies and read a lot. My family is in Meerut but I keep in touch by talking to them daily. I do not have a girlfriend so there is nothing much to do (laughs).

Tell us something that the audience does not know about you?
I think they know everything about me. I have been in Bigg Boss where your life becomes an open book. I feel lucky that in my first tv appearance, my real personality came forth. Later the audiences saw what I can do as an artist. If people relate to you as a person, I think chances of your work being appreciating increase by manifolds.

Edited by Armu4eva - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RagMasta thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
Veryyy Interesting..Thanks for posting..

Im glad that he has got many offers after being in Bigg Boss..he is a great host!