Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

OodlesDoodles thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 18 years ago

We needed to steer this towards Disha after all she is the main protagonist of this show. Most of the TD fans are actually DK fans and we tend to analyze and over analyze him all the time so this time we decided to have something that has not been analyzed as a part of the discussion .

1)     Do you think there were any changes in Disha since she got married to DK?

Yeah  I think there were changes in  Disha. She was the  ideal daughter  before she got married to DK. When she got married to DK she was  full of vengence and hence was not really prepared on planning to be the ideal bahu which is not exactly something she  would have done in an ideal situtaion. The anger in her  for what happened to her  father and family had her blinded. She took a drastic step without thinking twice and got married to DK  . She did  not try to behave as an ideal bahu as  that was not her mission.  But as times  and circumstances changed it
changed  DIsha too. She started seeing the goodness in DK and the love he had for his mother. Also she started seeing the true colors of Gargi and recollected that DK had warned her .I think the turning point was when DK was in jail and recollecting his miserable childhood. She felt the pain and realized that maybe she was wrong and had to make changes in how she felt and thought. This change in her brought out the true Disha and ideal bahu and wife.

2)     One of the turning points is Suhas's changed attitude towards Disha. In what way do you think that Suhas's new attitude has helped Disha?
 Disha always wanted Suhas to love her and care for her the same way she loved and cared for Rano. So Suhas and her changed atitude towards Disha was great as Disha had someone her own to fall back in her battle against DK. It is actually Suhas who made Disha realize the role that DK had in her life as  at that point she was married she did not consider the marriage as anything but a contract. Also with Suhas changed atitude towards Disha, Disha was able to make Suhas understand that she (Disha) was not a hurdle in her sisters path. She really no longer looked at Inder as her lover but as her sister's husband.

3)      Do you think the mangalsutra and the red bangles have played a role in Disha's life?
The mangalsutra and bangles are very significant to Disha . This made her realize the importance of the wedding and the true meaning of the manguasutra. That wearing this mangalsutra made her DK;s wife and that meant she was to be there for him in his happy and trying times. Similarly with the bangles when she wore them she knew that in her heart she had accepted DK as her husband and she would be an caring and loving wife henceforth.

sree thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

1)     Do you think there were any changes in Disha since she got married to DK?

There have been many changes in Disha since she got married.
The first and foremost thing is that Inder went out of Disha's life as I feel DK and Disha are just made for each other. So this had to happen....

Disha entered the Sehgal household to avenge DK of her father's death. But she knew little that she would in future, fall in love with the same person. She began her revenge act by taunting DK. Never did she leave a stone unturned when it came to be-littling DK.

Later, she found a soft man inside DK as she came to know of his love for his mother. She then took up his mother's responsibilities.When she got married, she was very innocent, could not understand the double game Gargi played. Later, she realised it and started to make  life miserable for Gargi. Disha found a very true friend in Vedant. She showed her enterprising skills by helping out DK in his business work.

Ultimately, the inevitable happened, as Disha fell in love with DK. To me, she is a dutiful daughter to her adopted parents, a very good daughter-in-law to Sum (though she does not know the facts, Disha has done all her duties very well), a very good wife to DK(hope she remains one, overcomes the dilemna whether to marry Vedant or not, remains truthful to DK).

So, these are a few changes that i have seen in Disha after marriage.

2)     One of the turning points is Suhas's changed attitude towards Disha. In what way do you think that Suhas's new attitude has helped Disha?

Suhas was very selfish, wanted her own daughter Rano to be happy. She did not care that she was pushing Disha to a life of sorrow by taking Inder away from her. Suhas was always rude to Disha, showed her anger to her, as Disha was not her daughter.

When Disha lost her true father Dev, Disha was shattered. This was when Suhas got enlightened. Disha cried over the fact that she lost both her fathers, she is now alone. Here, Suhas's heart melted. After that, Suhas attitude towards Disha changed upside down. She loved Disha like her own daughter.

Suhas was the person who was with Disha when she was dejected, faced some bad and testing periods. Suhas gave her the support and enthusiasm to fight against Gargi, to take care of Sumitra. Disha and DK used to get caught in the trap put up by Gargi and Pori, leading to misunderstandings between them. They never tried to understand each other.

During this time, Suhas took a bold step and talked openly  to DK. This helped DK to come out with his feelings, expressed for the first time to Suhas that he loves Disha. This brought about a new determination in DK to express his love to Disha.

Suhas also, advised Disha to accept DK with whole heart as her husband. She said she has to decide whether to be in DK's house or return to her. This made Disha think. Finally, this helped Disha to take a decision that she loved DK. Disha always felt releived when she poured her grief to her Aayi. She knew she had her Aayi around to understand her. This gave confidence to Disha. Disha finally expressed her love to DK.

But, now I feel Suhas is again creating further confusion in Disha's life , though unintentionally this time. But i will not blame Suhas for this. It is Disha who has not communicated properly to her. Now, Suhas has plans to get Disha married to Vedant.

So ,I conclude saying that Suhas who had given a new life to Disha by accpeting her as her daughter, is now unknowingly coming in the way of Disha's true happiness i.e. DK....Hope Suhas realises this before it is too late, tries to help Disha again to unite with DK....

3)      Do you think the mangalsutra and the red bangles have played a role in Disha's life?

Yes, the mangalsutra and red bangles do play a role in Disha's life.
When DK gave this to her, she told him that she would wear it when DK realises the right sense of relationship.

Later, Disha slowly fell in love with him. She wore those bangles and mangalsutra when he was away to Pune. She finally opened her mouth and proposed to him. This must be the best scene of TD so far, according to me. 😛

But tables were turned again, as Sumitra forced Disha out of the house. Both Disha and DK experienced for the first time, the pains of seperation. They longed for each other. They met on a rainy night, took their love to a higher level with their expression towards each other.

So I do feel that for Disha, the bangles and mangalsutra has a very significant role in her life. The story stands now, wherein Disha slapped DK for Vedant. But if I have understood Disha's character well, I will say that she will in future, respect the value of marriage and will remain DK's Disha , thus telling him "Main Rahoongi Tumhari Disha".

samy74 thumbnail

hi

Very good topic and rightly said we go about Dk but never Disha well i tried my best here are my answers:

1) Do you think there were any changes in Disha since she got married to DK?

Yes there were many changes in disha's personality since she married DK. Before marriage she was this idea homely girl who was shy, in love, happy and to some extent looked upto her parents for alot of things. As soon as she married DK i think his presence, his confidence and his honesty towards his work left an impact on her personality even though she was just a contract wife but they still lived under one roof. Disha started to make changes to DK personality but in all this she was also changing as sometimes your personality or nature has characteristics that don't really show but DK actually helped disha realise some of the qualities she has. Disha started supporting him even though he was in jail but he gave her the confidence and trust by giving her the POA even though she was wanted him to remain in jail. By living under one roof with DK she realised in a way they shared a similar background because they were bought up by no their own parents. Dk also helped disha mature as before marriage her and inder were these youngsters in love. To sum this point up I think disha became more confident, mature and she also realised how to fight her battles with be it Gargi or Pori. She than started respecting him and than she eventually fell in love and this time she was madly in love with the person that was her husband. I think the way disha has loved Dk she never loved Inder because Disha has learnt to love DK by seeing the goodness in him.

2) One of the turning points is Suhas's changed attitude towards Disha. In what way do you think that Suhas's new attitude has helped Disha?

I think Suhas realised what disha did to save the house and save them from humiliation very late because she always differentiated between her Rano and Disha. Suhas changed her attitude because she realised no matter what disha is always true to her and have always thought of as her Aai and disha has always had really highly regard to her Aai. Suhas attitude gave Disha a new dimension to think about a true husband and wife relationship. She wanted them to be happy and always taught Disha to fight the battles she was having in Seghal House and to also always support Dk as he was very alone and she needed to be patient with him. She made Disha realise to some extent that DK has started to Love and Respect her as she asked her form a strong bond with him. Suhas started loving her and she started to trust her and ask her advice and opinions. But recently I think again Suhas being the mother should see where disha's heart it because of what Suhas has done in the past she is trying to bring some happiness into her life but little does she know she is taking the happiness away. But concluding this point Suhas supporting and loving disha has given her a new dimension and disha always looks upto her for advice and support.

Yes they do play a very important role in her life and she never really wore them before and she decided to wear the suhag nishani once she knew that she was completely in love with him even though she was still denying it all the way. She respects the mangalsutra and red bangles because they signify that she loves the man she is married to which is DK. Just to mention here Sindoor of course is another thing that means a lot to disha as she recently said " Mein kisi ko ijazat nahin doon gi ke Tumhare haath kis aur ki maang sajaye" Well I just wanted to mention that to disha all the these mean a lot and she wore them only when she was 100% sure that she loves Dk.

samy 

meme_ma thumbnail

I think so.I think in some ways she seems more self assured as a person.She may have gone to that house to avenge but the more time she spend with Dk she realised that he was a good human being and as the goodness in DK started coming out, she became more and more confident about him.I think the turning point was when she realised she could trust him.It was almost like if she could trust him she could do anything else.His telling her that he loved her gave her strength.The strength to achieve anything she wanted.She was ready to face Gargi and Pori after DK assured her that he cared for her and would stand by her.
Unfortunately trust is a very fragile emotion and in this case it was a new thing and when trust is perceived to be broken it can lead to disastrous, emotional reactions which we are going to see in the show now.Disha feels betrayed and I dont think she is going to take it well.She may end up becoming bitter(just for the time being)

2)     One of the turning points is Suhas's changed attitude towards Disha.                In what way do you think that Suhas's new attitude has helped Disha?

I think when Suhas and Disha became closer, Suhas encouraged Disha to actually become a faithful and loving wife.She was the one who encouraged her to trust DK and make their marriage work.She had been very supportive of Disha.She is doing it even now.I think had Disha confided the Sums problem to Suhas, Suhas would have been more understanding of her need to still be with DK.Suhas is doing what any mother would do.She is looking out for her child.

Like someone said she was always wearing the mangalsutra.She started wearing the bangles and the ring later.I think that was her way of telling DK that she was in love with him.Unfortunately he did not notice it because of Sum suddenly getting better.I personally do not wear all these married women symbols but most Indian women feel very strongly about it and in some ways I understand it.It is their ways of reaffirming their love and affection to their husband. Edited by meme_ma - 18 years ago
lalgulab thumbnail

I believe Disha has changed tremendously since she married DK!  The girl married him to revenge her father's death but ended up falling in love with him!  Thats the biggest change.  We all know there's a very fine line between love and hate but Disha was able to overcome her hatred for him after living under the same roof with him and realizing the kind of person he was.  She was able to understand DK's behavior towards her and others.  From that understanding, she was able to get close to DK and change him, changing herself in the process. 

Until recently it was Suhas's confidence in Disha helped her but now I don't know.  Suhas guided her into loving her husband and forgetting the past (sort of like Suhas has).  Disha needed her aai's approval in some way to move on in her life as she knew her aai hated her... thus, her approval meant a lot to Disha.  Also, Suhas provided her with freedom to make a choice (once again, earlier not now) and provided her with stability to come home if she doesn't think she loves DK or treats her with respect.  Therefore, Suhas's new attitude opened Disha's heart to loving DK for who he is, instead of taking revenge by destroying him.

For Disha, the mangalsutra played a huge role, esp. since her aai gave it to her.  Disha always knew the importance of the mangalsutra in a woman's life and that's wife she didn't let DK remove it before the photo shoot (along with the sindoor).  The red bangles also played a role as she was surprised to see DK giving them to her.  She knew he loved her but receiving those bangles made her realize that DK really thinks of her as his wife and he wants her to be part of his life. 

queen-bee thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

1) Do you think there were any changes in Disha since she got married to DK?

YES, there are a lot of changes in Disha after she got married to Dk. First & foremost she understood what true love is coz she was merely infatuated to Inder!

Disha a sweet, simple & truthful girl came in contact with this self-centered egoist Dk! Who was a very successful businessman but a litany of errors & Disha on the other hand was a paragon of virtues but was not aware of the manipulations of the big bad world! When she wrongly accused Dk for her Baba's death & then Dk gave her power of attorney, she realized that he is not all bad! Later when she found out about his child-hood trauma & Gargi she was in a state of complete shock. After that she saw Dk begging for his mom to Gargi. She realized that underneath the hard rock was a soft innocent child hiding & who could do anything for his mom! As she understood the cause of Dk's angst she decided to help him & in turn fell in love with him.

The best ex. of change would be that she wore a western outfit only for Dk's sake at the party. This was the physical change mental change also took place that's why when Dk gave her the cell phone & told her to handle Pori & Gargi she immediately understood what he meant!

Suhas, whom disha has always adored & respected, happens to be her coincidental mom or we can say situational mom! Because of critical, problematic, or striking set of circumstances, Suhas became her mom, but Disha never knew about it, till quite late in her life.  Suhas always differentiated btw Rano her own daughter & Disha. But when Disha gave up her love for Rano's sake & her Dad Deva gave up his life in order to save Rano she understood Disha & her values! Suhas, now wants to be a doting mom to Disha! Which I'm not sure is really going to help her or create more problems for her! Suha's changed attitude gave Disha a new confidence & she knew that she can go back to her mom's i.e 'Maika', any time. She also helped Disha to overcome her prejudices against DK!  

3) Do you think the mangalsutra and the red bangles have played a role in Disha's life?

Disha though a modern girl but is very rooted & 'sanskari' & has grown up seeing her mom wear mangalsutra all her life, so she is quite attached to it! When Dk gave her his mom's bangles she was overjoyed, but was still not sure that she loved Dk, so she did not wear them right away but the moment the cloud of doubt disappeared, she wore them at once but alas, they did not get noticed for a long time. Anyhow, now Dk has noticed them! What good it is going to do or what role mangalasutra & red bangles are going to play is yet to be seen!!

It was nice to talk about Disha for a change but I feel we speak more about DK or analyze him coz we think he has lot of vices. Whereas Disha on the other hand is a lady of virtues! Every mom would like to have a daughter like her, every guy desires a girl like her & every MIL dreams of a bahu like Disha! Unfortunately Sum, doesn't think like that, hence all the problems! Edited by mink - 18 years ago