Views

Users

Frequent Posters

laxmi2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 13 years ago
Nothing Can Keep Us Apart

Part 16 - Back to work?

Savitri could barely contain her joy when Maan and Geet joined her for dinner that evening. She praised Geet for easily getting Maan to agree to a family dinner, when he would always give excuses when his dadi requested. She begged Geet to tell her exactly how she did it. Maan gave Savitri an annoyed look and told her it was nothing like that.

At Savitri's confused expression, Geet said, "He's babysitting me. The doctor said that I'm supposed to eat more, and it's his job to make sure I do. He doesn't trust me on my own." Maan glared at Geet but she just smiled and ate a bite of curry.

This caused Savitri to inquire how the visit with the doctor went. Geet told her everything while Maan ate in silence, observing the interactions of his wife and dadi. When Geet mentioned that she was worried about the doctor's concern about her weight gain, Savitri was quick to reassure her that all would be well. She also wanted to see the ultrasound pictures and Geet promised to share them after they finished eating.

When Savitri and Geet had exhausted all conversation they had about the baby, Geet announced to Maan, "I want to go back to work with you tomorrow."

Maan almost choked as he exclaimed, "What?"

"You didn't hire another secretary, did you?" When Maan, still sputtering, shook his head no, Geet continued, "Then it will work out nicely for me to come back."

"You can't work!" exclaimed Maan, when he finally got back his ability to speak.

"Why not?"

"You're pregnant!"

"So, you don't think a pregnant woman can work? Or you don't think they should. Why? Do our brains suddenly stop functioning? Are we not as capable during pregnancy as we were before? What?" Geet was so angry at what she thought was Maan's chauvinistic attitude, that without thinking she said, "You're as bad as Daarji, trying to run my life for me!"

This really got Maan's anger going and he roared, "Don't you dare compare me to someone who is so inhuman he would allow the murder of his own kin!"

"Why not?" asked Geet as tears started forming in her eyes. "Aren't you doing the same thing? Killing me by making stay at home, doing who knows what, while you, the big strong man, provide everything for me? I thought that at least here in Delhi attitudes would be different but I guess I was wrong." Geet got up angrily from the table and started walking away, helpless to stop the tears that rolled down her cheeks.

Maan had never been able to see her cry, and this time was no exception, despite their fight. He chased after her and forced her to turn around, although she wouldn't look at him. Still, he tried to do his best to explain what he meant as he continued to hold her still.

"Geet, it's not what you're thinking. I don't think there's anything wrong with a woman working, if they do their job well. It just makes me respect them more. Of course I think you're capable of working. I saw proof of it every day at the office. Frankly, you were the best secretary I ever had, and I've had a lot." Geet looked up at this statement, thinking that he was lying, but she could see the truth in his eyes. Realizing that Geet still did not understand what he was getting at, Maan continued, "It's not that I don't want you to work, I'm just worried about your health. I don't want anything to happen to you or the baby!"

"You're just being overprotective. Nothing will happen to us. We're both perfectly fine."

"You don't know that for sure. You don't know what might happen in the future. You were in the hospital less than a month ago. You almost had a miscarriage! Do you really think you should take the risk?" Seeing that these words still had no effect, Maan turned toward Savitri and pleaded, "Tell her, Dadima. Tell her I'm right, that it's better for her to stay home, be careful, and get lots of rest. Please!"

Savitri walked over to where Maan and Geet were standing, Maan still holding Geet by her shoulders, and placed her own hand reassuringly on his back. Then she asked very calmly, if the doctor had said anything about Geet not going back to work? Geet quickly answered no, while Maan looked away in frustration.

"Maan beta, I think you are being over protective. If the doctor didn't caution you about Geet working, I'm sure there's no reason to worry. Besides, it's not as if she would be working just any place. It's our own company. You'll be there, and you can check on her as often as you need to satisfy your concerns. You can make sure she doesn't over work herself, and gets plenty to eat. I'm sure Pinky and Adi will also help you to keep an eye on my pyaari Bahu." Maan put his hands up in defeat, and a smiling Geet hugged Savitri, who looked at her grandson with knowing eyes. Maan just shook his head, and wondered if he would ever win an argument again.

Sasha just could not go to sleep. She kept replaying that morning's conversation with Tasha after the unbelievable words she had overheard during her phone conversation with MK. Tasha had come up to her babbling something about MK trusting Sasha so much with office work.

"Shut up, Tasha!"

"Sorry, Sasha. Oh, silly me! Mera matlab, Ma'am."

"That Geet! I thought we were rid of her."

"What do you mean, Ma'am. Geet is gone, isn't she?"

"I was just on the phone with MK and overheard him say he and Geet were married and expecting a baby!" exclaimed Sasha in a harsh whisper.

"No! It must have been a mistake, something you misheard. MK would never marry that girl, would he?"

Sasha could not answer. She was very afraid that it might be true. She was preoccupied with the situation all day, to the point where she didn't know what she was saying or doing half the time. As she paced up and down her room, unable to sleep, she wondered if there was anything that she could do to get rid of Geet now. Her mind was in turmoil, and she just couldn't think of what to do.

Precap:

Geet was excited that she would be going back to work at Khurana Constructions today.

And Thanks Goes To:

No specific episodes, I don't think. If there were any it was subconcious.

Author's note: After quite a few people have commented on the "mega episode" I have to point out that it was Part 13 - The marriage. That was over 3000 words, and it won't ever get more mega than that. I don't even know how I wrote that much in a day and a half. Anyway, if you guys are thinking there is going to be a Maha Episode every weekend, think again. (I mean, seriously people, do you want to kill me?) I'll only do really long updates when scenes that I'm writing need it, otherwise it's just going to be regular length, generally. Sorry if this note seems like I'm angry, because I'm not, I just don't want you all to get your hopes up and be disappointed.

Edited by laxmi2010 - 13 years ago
rinky88 thumbnail
awesome keep them comin plz asap
muskanp thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Sooo cuteeee....
👏 👏 👏
When is the mega epi 😉
Deezi thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
loved it laxmi.....👏
office mein...... Maan all the time thinking about Geet..... kaam waam sab bhul kar.....patni....i mean secretary ka khayal rakhne mein lag jayega....😆
sasha planning something......hope Geet won't get hurt......no worries Maan hai na wahan......... 👍🏼

p.s.  arre yaar short ones bi chalega.......just jaldi jaldi post karo.......patience rakhna mushkil hota hai kabhi kabhi......lol......we are spoiled.......sab tumhari galti hai itna achha likti ho ki wait karna is very hard...............anyways long ...short....one para....kuch bi chalega.....
😊  achhe bachhon ki tarah.....finger on the lips......waiting for the next one........
love you Laxmi......🤗🤗🤗Edited by dee30 - 13 years ago
taskutbimuff thumbnail
Loved ur update.loved it when mann said he's never going to win an argument again! Awesome part.hats off to u!thanks a bunch.waiting for next part eagerly:)
*mittu* thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Loved last two parts Laxmi. I love it that Geet is going back to office. Maan is so protective *sigh*. I just simply love that character.

Usually the tv lead characters who has attitude are bad boys with lot of bad habits which gets changed once they fall in love. But Maan is like the perfect package. He respects everyone but is not terribly sweet. He has the right kind of attitude.*sigh* I think I am in love. My husband thinks I am mad.

You know, we your readers will always be greedy and will demand for maha episodes. 😊 . I am demanding one now. You can always tell me to go shoot myself. 😆 😆 😆 . Maha episode or not I sincerely appreciate your regular updates. Keep up the good work Laxmi. Eagerly awaiting for your next update.
alias90 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: *mittu*

Loved last two parts Laxmi. I love it that Geet is going back to office. Maan is so protective *sigh*. I just simply love that character.

Usually the tv lead characters who has attitude are bad boys with lot of bad habits which gets changed once they fall in love. But Maan is like the perfect package. He respects everyone but is not terribly sweet. He has the right kind of attitude.*sigh* I think I am in love. My husband thinks I am mad.

You know, we your readers will always be greedy and will demand for maha episodes. 😊 . I am demanding one now. You can always tell me to go shoot myself. 😆 😆 😆 . Maha episode or not I sincerely appreciate your regular updates. Keep up the good work Laxmi. Eagerly awaiting for your next update.

Ditto that!

Except I have no husband. Mwuahahahahaha! I can drool all I want with no one to stop me!

Laxmiiiiiii! 🤗 Get that rat-sha couple out of my face. Eeee! I bet she's gonna try and kill Geet now. XD

... Not literally...or.. that dramatic though.
sweet scorpio thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail

very well written!!!=)

the way maan was trying 2 explain the situation 2 geet was really good!
yeeee!!!!....geet will be going 2 the office with maan!....can't wait 2 see sasha's reaction!
continue soon!
*mittu* thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: alias90

Ditto that!

Except I have no husband. Mwuahahahahaha! I can drool all I want with no one to stop me!

Laxmiiiiiii! 🤗Get that rat-sha couple out of my face. Eeee! I bet she's gonna try and kill Geet now. XD

... Not literally...or..that dramatic though.

Hey!! Even I drool at Maan. I am married not dead. 😆 .Edited by *mittu* - 13 years ago
rituka7 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
damn cool
superb
great part
update soon