JinK thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago
I haven't been able to watch DMPS these days, so sorry. Anyway, I'm leaving the forum. I might come back soon.

Anyway, I realise how unrelated this is, so adding this article:

TALKING POINT with Shweta Agarwal

Express Feature Service

Ludhiana, June 30: SO you think Jassi jaisi koi nahin? Take another look at Nikki (Shweta Agarwal). The new Plain Jane of Star Plus' Dekho Magar Pyaar Se plans to give the bespectacled secy a run for her money. Incidentally, Star bought the rights to Dekho... from the same company that produced Betty la fea, the series that inspired Jassi.

I play a sensitive young girl, Nikita Sarin, with an over-sized body and an equally over-sized heart...
Nikki's the 17-year-old daughter of a film-star. She has everything except a slim figure, but has learnt to accept the way she is—plump but full of love. Despite her physical appearance, she manages to win the heart of her Prince Charming, Karan.

< ="" src="http://ads.expressindia.com/banner/iestoryban.js">< ="" ="text/" src="http://banners.expressindia.com/adsnew/adjs.php?para=no&n=161205471&what=zone:377&target=_blank&exclude=,">
It's actually a love story...
Karan is Nikki's best friend and falls in love with the real person that she is. Unlike Jassi, she doesn't have to struggle to get her man. He likes her for whom she is.

But there's always trouble brewing...
Devyani, her aunt, will go to any lengths to get her hands on Nikki's property. So, after her mother Sarika passes away, she has to fight for her rights.

Being overweight isn't a new experience...
In college, I was quite overweight. And with the ten chocolates I eat every day, it's not going to be a problem to stay that way!

n I love watching Jassi...
But she's always trying to teach people something, or pitying herself. Nikki is happy living life the way she is. Also, the channel will not shield me from the world! I can interact with whomever I want.

Being recognised as your character is the ultimate compliment for an actor...
I love people calling me Nikki. I identify with her because, like me, she is sensitive and emotional. It's not often that one gets to play oneself.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

cutereems thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago
Hey Jink why r u leaving forum?😕 Have any problem? If yes do tell we will try to solve