Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shonaveer thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

Originally posted by: Meena1

Tiwaris.. more like the The Adams Family.  Sabhi ek he thaali ke chatte batte hain..

agree with you meena. you are 100 % true.
--arti-- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Yeah, it was all for TRPs that he stayed in the show.

You know, I don't think it's entirely fair everything his family has had to deal with because of the show. I don't think they were fair to Rakhi at all, let me be clear on that, but one does wonder.. now everyone thinks they are backward and all that, but we could be wrong about that. A few customs do not make an entire family backward.

Also, MM's mom's or dad's version of their family sanskaar may not entirely be accurate. I think they felt pressure to portray their family as sanskaari in that particular way (maybe to keep Rakhi away! Could have been a strategy, or planned to do so with channelwaale for TRPs). For all we know, the bahus in that family think the whole thing is a big joke..! Maybe they all have jobs outside the house, we wouldn't know..

Manmohan is to blame for all this, for dragging his family's reputation through the mud. But kuch bhi karke famous to ho hi gaya na. Will become bhojpuri star for sure.
purva thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
First of all.. I am not sure if Anjali exists for real or not.. it could have been part of the script for RKS.. no? They might have made them agree to play a certain part to make the show interesting.. no? Why Athar Parvez was even selected? Channel people must have known that he is married from before.. still they kept him because it added drama. 😕
jibi thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: --arti--

Yeah, it was all for TRPs that he stayed in the show.

You know, I don't think it's entirely fair everything his family has had to deal with because of the show. I don't think they were fair to Rakhi at all, let me be clear on that, but one does wonder.. now everyone thinks they are backward and all that, but we could be wrong about that. A few customs do not make an entire family backward.

Also, MM's mom's or dad's version of their family sanskaar may not entirely be accurate. I think they felt pressure to portray their family as sanskaari in that particular way (maybe to keep Rakhi away! Could have been a strategy, or planned to do so with channelwaale for TRPs). For all we know, the bahus in that family think the whole thing is a big joke..! Maybe they all have jobs outside the house, we wouldn't know..

Manmohan is to blame for all this, for dragging his family's reputation through the mud. But kuch bhi karke famous to ho hi gaya na. Will become bhojpuri star for sure.

I don't agree you regarding MM's family. Still in India many families are like this, especially Brahmins. Tiwaris are also Brahmin and settled in a small town. So, its highly likely that they are exactly as they are shown.  I have seen these types of families.
--arti-- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: jibi

I don't agree you regarding MM's family. Still in India many families are like this, especially Brahmins. Tiwaris are also Brahmin and settled in a small town. So, its highly likely that they are exactly as they are shown.  I have seen these types of families.

I am sure there are lots of families like that, but nobody knows what goes on inside a particular family until they are a part of it or are close enough to it.

In this case, I just noticed that Manmohan's mom or chachis or mamis, none of them were wearing ghunghat. That's just one thing, I know, but I think there are bound to contradictions between how an older generation wants to ideally describe their family, especially on national TV and to ward off a potentially risky bahu, and the actual real life situation of that family. So I am just suggesting that that is a possibility.

Within all families there are generation gaps and changes that keep happening, so it is hard to pin it down as one thing.
Knowalot2 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: uknaik99

Agree.. he was just a cheep and show off guy..

AGREED!

tv addict thumbnail
Tiwari's mom had told Rakhi that ghunghat wearing is done when there are elders or men present. When Rakhi was sitting with the women of the house, where was the need for those women to wear the ghunghat? I agree with what you said, they didn't look like the typical shy bahu types at all. Guess they don't wear ghunghat in front of the camerapersons and more importantly, in front of camera! Who doesn't want their 15 mins of fame?! 😆
jibi thumbnail

Originally posted by: --arti--

I am sure there are lots of families like that, but nobody knows what goes on inside a particular family until they are a part of it or are close enough to it.

In this case, I just noticed that Manmohan's mom or chachis or mamis, none of them were wearing ghunghat. That's just one thing, I know, but I think there are bound to contradictions between how an older generation wants to ideally describe their family, especially on national TV and to ward off a potentially risky bahu, and the actual real life situation of that family. So I am just suggesting that that is a possibility.

Within all families there are generation gaps and changes that keep happening, so it is hard to pin it down as one thing.

You are right. I agree.