Rithisha Talks About Sonu Meet

sunil000407 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

Like numerous music lovers, I too am one of those millions who truly admire Sonuji's singing skills. So you can imagine how excited I was to meet him. The top 5 were taken to his place in Versova, Mumbai. As soon as we reached his place we were led into a room having beautiful seating arrangement with magnificent Idols of Lord Ganpati and there were huge portraits of Mohammad Rafi ji and Lata Mangeshkar ji, which mesmerized us all and we too clicked pictures of those portraits of our Idols. While we were busy admiring the beauty of the place and the pictures of Sonuji as a child, his Father, etc.,

Sonuji walked in with his baby boy ( such a cutie ). He had such a magnetic personality that simply drew all our attention towards him, listening keenly to everything he said. He was really friendly. One by one he heard a few lines of the songs that each of us were going to sing in Sonu nigam special episode. As usual I awaited my turn, while Vipul, Saptaparna, Mallar and Ravi finished, being prompted by Gajji sir who was also along with us.

He was impressed with my voice quality. He said I had a 'khanak' in my voice which would definitely come out all the more gracefully while singing on microphone. Then I sang a few lines of 'Kabhi alvida Na kehna'. He was so friendly in his manner of correcting me too. He said the song is a beautiful song that can bring tears in one's eyes if it is sung keeping certain technical aspects along with the song's feel in mind. He said the song needs some prominent vibrato to be used in the voice. He also told that I have a lot of tayyari in my voice and my harkat n murkiyan come out very clearly but the requirement of the song was to sing it in a simple manner with very subtle murkiyan n soft graces. So I tried to adapt what he advised in my 2nd attempt at the song. He was happy to see that I was able to implement it to a really good extent immediately itself. I was so excited at having sung in front of him.

I felt blessed when Sonu Nigamji said "Rithisha your voice is unique and different among the whole lot in VOI this year and even when you sing without a microphone I feel this and when you will sing with a microphone and when your voice will be used commercially you will do wonders."

Then he was asked to comment about each of us a little just for the reality shoot's sake on camera. Being the extremely sharp, n intelligent person he is, he remembered each of our names perfectly and the songs we sang including our plus and minus points. He told about me that he really liked the timber of my voice which according to him is really strong, open voiced and different and he said that live, there itself he liked the khanak in my voice a lot and he expressed that definitely he expects it to sound all the more bright on studio microphone. He said with a little polish I could really go places and he even said that maybe in the future he'll even sing along with me!!(Playback) ( unfortunately this AV of mine was not aired as I got eliminated in the previous episode ) [ ].

He could have elaborated on our negative points too being the accomplished singer he is, but he very sweetly tried to encourage us and told us the negative points in such a mild way like a suggestion and hence it really got fixed in our memory. He had a cup of tea with us and then we departed after cuddling his cute baby boy. It was one of the most memorable days of my life. I sincerely thank Gajji sir and STPL for actually taking us to meet Sonuji. We got to learn a lot!!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

miggie thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
thanks for sharing, its sad that she was eliminated, wish her all the best Edited by miggie - 15 years ago
Chits1 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
She is such a sweet girl.Lucky to meet Sonu.
Yahoo2 thumbnail
Ritisha looks so good
achinta20 thumbnail
Very sweet. She writes very well. We can see that she has the desire to learn and improve. Thats the quality of a truly talented singer. Such contests are NOTHING for her!
ShadowImbue thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Yup!  Good   to  read
I   AM   BACK
rafisahab_sonu thumbnail
I wish i can meet sonu ji someday
mr.ass thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: rafisahab_sonu

I wish i can meet sonu ji someday

tell him ur a distant relative of rafi saab.
mr.ass thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

he he i dont care for sonu either.