HawkEyee thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 days ago

Ok so finally I watched today's episode and we are almost at the wedding now so we can discuss.

I made a separate thread because without a proper forum it's so scattered to find replies and I want to read your povs too, feel free to share.

So let me start with the What I liked:

1. Sindoor oblivion-I won't  be lying but I enjoyed how the whole wedding has been shown. It started off with typical sindoor drop wedding but it's been really long I have seen ml and fl's proper povs about the wedding, mixed emotions, helplessness and most importantly mutual respect.
  2. Leads PoV-Speaking of mutual respect I liked how Aryaman and Krishna were constantly thinking about each other's safety. Krishna is believer of such rituals yet she didn't let that come to Aryaman. At the same time, though Aryaman doesn't believe in it yet he was again & again asking Krishna that if she believes it or not. In fact after he left his dilemma about Krishna and his family is so reasonable. They are friends even yet something was beautiful there to see ml and fl having a proper  conversation about accidental wedding.
  3. Krishna's stand- Krishna is from a small town not much educated has no adult guidance in her life. She is firm believer of everything that God does. She definitely would have thoughts abour that sindoor by Aryaman yet she didn't let Aryaman being tied up in that 'jabardasti ka shadi'. I thought she would be quiet after all and agreed to marry pinkesh while it will be Aryaman who saves her but it wasn't the case. She realized no matter what I can't let myself bowing down to pinkesh and she let her inner insticts came out and fought for her self-respect.
  4. Aryaman's Dilemma- Loved loved loved Aryaman's mixed emotion about it. He knows Krishna's faith in god yet he also knows he isn't ready for it. That contradicting emotion of him was so beautiful. He cares for her, admires her but they are not friends even that he can say what he is going through. He thinks Krishna saved himself by putting herself in danger but yet reminded by ketan that if that wasn't the case his family wouldn't have accepted it. Loved how he even offered Krishna a job and both a shelter after all this drama maintaining his dignity and considering her safety. This many shades of emotions was so fresh to see otherwise all I see same black and white MLs these days. Also may be because of fans demand Aryaman is being given some dhasoo entry again & again lol.
  5. Mohan's new side: Only in this week since wedding started I have seen Mohan having other side too for Krishna. Mohan though was still attracted to saree jewelry yet inner conflicts didn't let overshadow Krishna's problem. Though Mohan is being shown as very naive but today it was really strong and straightforward when Mohan tried to protect Krishna. So good. 

Over all I wedding wasn't boring or one directional for me. I enjoyed that song sequence thodi der aur theher ja so much also bride looked pretty in that simple attire.

Now what I didn't like:

1. First and obvious one. It's too soon to show the wedding. They could have shown Krishna and Aryaman being friends frist while Krishna struggling with Mohan's gender identity crisis. I understand the trp urgency but it sould have done post IPL the pace and drama is good it could have gathered good ratings. A major track is ended during IPL which helps nothing.
  2. This show really is bad at promoting. No forums no articles in fact the promos are so lame if I didn't see a clip on youtube I wouldn't even have watched it. At least the wedding promo could have been more intense.
  3. I understand Fahmaan is a good looking actor he has got some styles but you cannot make him do this dhamaka entry all the time, it really overshadow the fl and divert the attention to Aryaman only, it's ITV bro. Like for three days I only thought he would be the one saving Krishna while Krishna being silent but Krishna had a very strong voice too. You need to make give him more dialogues than side profile visiting and bring the drama around Krishna and mohan. They aren't getting trp otherwise 
  4. The show seriously lack good humour and good sound tracks. They played today one I hope that's original score because it helps to bring attention too.

Rest we will see how does things go in Mumbai. I hope it doesn't take she is a new maid route and at least Aryaman gives her that respect because they already has a probable conflict when Mohan's truth come out. Also after two weeks of seeing Mohan only crying this week was a good balance with focus on the wedding.

Btw my question is what is the ship name for Krishna and Aryaman? I am struggling to type their full names everytime 😂

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bhshre95 thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 days ago

Originally posted by: HawkEyee

Ok so finally I watched today's episode and we are almost at the wedding now so we can discuss.

I made a separate thread because without a proper forum it's so scattered to find replies and I want to read your povs too, feel free to share.

So let me start with the What I liked:

1. Sindoor oblivion-I won't  be lying but I enjoyed how the whole wedding has been shown. It started off with typical sindoor drop wedding but it's been really long I have seen ml and fl's proper povs about the wedding, mixed emotions, helplessness and most importantly mutual respect.
  2. Leads PoV-Speaking of mutual respect I liked how Aryaman and Krishna were constantly thinking about each other's safety. Krishna is believer of such rituals yet she didn't let that come to Aryaman. At the same time, though Aryaman doesn't believe in it yet he was again & again asking Krishna that if she believes it or not. In fact after he left his dilemma about Krishna and his family is so reasonable. They are friends even yet something was beautiful there to see ml and fl having a proper  conversation about accidental wedding.
  3. Krishna's stand- Krishna is from a small town not much educated has no adult guidance in her life. She is firm believer of everything that God does. She definitely would have thoughts abour that sindoor by Aryaman yet she didn't let Aryaman being tied up in that 'jabardasti ka shadi'. I thought she would be quiet after all and agreed to marry pinkesh while it will be Aryaman who saves her but it wasn't the case. She realized no matter what I can't let myself bowing down to pinkesh and she let her inner insticts came out and fought for her self-respect.
  4. Aryaman's Dilemma- Loved loved loved Aryaman's mixed emotion about it. He knows Krishna's faith in god yet he also knows he isn't ready for it. That contradicting emotion of him was so beautiful. He cares for her, admires her but they are not friends even that he can say what he is going through. He thinks Krishna saved himself by putting herself in danger but yet reminded by ketan that if that wasn't the case his family wouldn't have accepted it. Loved how he even offered Krishna a job and both a shelter after all this drama maintaining his dignity and considering her safety. This many shades of emotions was so fresh to see otherwise all I see same black and white MLs these days. Also may be because of fans demand Aryaman is being given some dhasoo entry again & again lol.
  5. Mohan's new side: Only in this week since wedding started I have seen Mohan having other side too for Krishna. Mohan though was still attracted to saree jewelry yet inner conflicts didn't let overshadow Krishna's problem. Though Mohan is being shown as very naive but today it was really strong and straightforward when Mohan tried to protect Krishna. So good. 

Over all I wedding wasn't boring or one directional for me. I enjoyed that song sequence thodi der aur theher ja so much also bride looked pretty in that simple attire.

Now what I didn't like:

1. First and obvious one. It's too soon to show the wedding. They could have shown Krishna and Aryaman being friends frist while Krishna struggling with Mohan's gender identity crisis. I understand the trp urgency but it sould have done post IPL the pace and drama is good it could have gathered good ratings. A major track is ended during IPL which helps nothing.
  2. This show really is bad at promoting. No forums no articles in fact the promos are so lame if I didn't see a clip on youtube I wouldn't even have watched it. At least the wedding promo could have been more intense.
  3. I understand Fahmaan is a good looking actor he has got some styles but you cannot make him do this dhamaka entry all the time, it really overshadow the fl and divert the attention to Aryaman only, it's ITV bro. Like for three days I only thought he would be the one saving Krishna while Krishna being silent but Krishna had a very strong voice too. You need to make give him more dialogues than side profile visiting and bring the drama around Krishna and mohan. They aren't getting trp otherwise 
  4. The show seriously lack good humour and good sound tracks. They played today one I hope that's original score because it helps to bring attention too.

Rest we will see how does things go in Mumbai. I hope it doesn't take she is a new maid route and at least Aryaman gives her that respect because they already has a probable conflict when Mohan's truth come out. Also after two weeks of seeing Mohan only crying this week was a good balance with focus on the wedding.

Btw my question is what is the ship name for Krishna and Aryaman? I am struggling to type their full names everytime 😂

Very good analysis smiley32 was waiting to read long posts about the showsmiley36

the accidentally sindoor lagana was too cliche for me and I am kinda tired of the forced/majboori wedding track but later it got better. I would have liked it better if wedding took place a little later that too after he calls off his engagement with Ananya. I didn't want her to be left like this. No person should go through that. It makes Aryaman's character look bad. Yes I understand his dilemmna, he didn't want to leave Krishna in that situation and it was done well how he remembered his father left them in a bad situation and didn't want to become like that but him having so much empathy for an unknown girl but not Ananya issmiley24 

They should have made him elope with Krishna and Mohan to Mumbai and then helping her get a job or something. They could have slowly made them both fall in love.

Khair chodo its still better than other shows where leads get married forcibly and hate each other fight both stay in same house without others knowing for 500 episodessmiley36 Atleast Aryaman got time to process things and going back and marrying her was his own choice. In future atleast there would be no misunderstanding that Krishna plotted all this to marry himsmiley36 I liked how they both were mature amd talked atleast.

Agree with bad promoting. There is no promotion at all. They just seem to be counting on Fahman fans. The show seems to be decent as of now and actors are good too. I like both leads character. Was tired of seeing hate to love story. For a change both leads seem to be calm and mature people and have lot of respect for each other from the beginning. I really hope they maintain this characteristic of their relationship throughout. 

@pink- agree!! I too liked him standing up for her. I was getting a bit annoyed with him constantly getting into troubles and Krishna saving him. Was good to see him atleast make an attempt to protect his sister. Looking forward for his character growth 

HawkEyee thumbnail

Originally posted by: bhshre95

Very good analysis smiley32 was waiting to read long posts about the showsmiley36

the accidentally sindoor lagana was too cliche for me and I am kinda tired of the forced/majboori wedding track but later it got better. I would have liked it better if wedding took place a little later that too after he calls off his engagement with Ananya. I didn't want her to be left like this. No person should go through that. It makes Aryaman's character look bad. Yes I understand his dilemmna, he didn't want to leave Krishna in that situation and it was done well how he remembered his father left them in a bad situation and didn't want to become like that but him having so much empathy for an unknown girl but not Ananya issmiley24 

They should have made him elope with Krishna and Mohan to Mumbai and then helping her get a job or something. They could have slowly made them both fall in love.

Khair chodo its still better than other shows where leads get married forcibly and hate each other fight both stay in same house without others knowing for 500 episodessmiley36 Atleast Aryaman got time to process things and going back and marrying her was his own choice. In future atleast there would be no misunderstanding that Krishna plotted all this to marry himsmiley36 I liked how they both were mature amd talked atleast.

Agree with bad promoting. There is no promotion at all. They just seem to be counting on Fahman fans. The show seems to be decent as of now and actors are good too. I like both leads character. Was tired of seeing hate to love story. For a change both leads seem to be calm and mature people and have lot of respect for each other from the beginning. I really hope they maintain this characteristic of their relationship throughout. 

@pink- agree!! I too liked him standing up for her. I was getting a bit annoyed with him constantly getting into troubles and Krishna saving him. Was good to see him atleast make an attempt to protect his sister. Looking forward for his character growth 

Very goof point actually. They could have moved the story to mumbai Aryaman helping Krishna but I guess they needed some cliche drama because main theme of the story is already not very trp oriented. I doubt trp viewers would actually want to see a young boy transitioning himself into a girl, they would have related if it was FL like shakti.

2nd about Ananya. I agree Aryaman has more inclination for Krishna whom he met few days ago. Calling off the wedding with Ananya wouldn't be possible but he is not even empathetic about her. But at the same time I didn't bother much into it because he has been shown pretty much disinterested to marry her since first episode. He was just being loyal to her father.

Today's episode showed he actually realizes what's he doing by marrying Krishna and he is aware that what's he going to tell Ananya but yet it was not like she was his fiancé but a girl who wanted to marry him. Honestly I care less about this because lowkey I am tired of MLs being always bowing down to 3rd angle. Also if they showed Aryaman having even minor infatuation for Ananya it would have been more ugly.

But I am more excited how the drama unfolds now. Mohan's story will be parallel to their love story. I didn't count how many episode it crossed but I am genuinely enjoying the show. It has some freshness amidst all typical plots. The leads logical conversation about getting stuck to each other wss so beautiful to see. 

bhshre95 thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: HawkEyee

Very goof point actually. They could have moved the story to mumbai Aryaman helping Krishna but I guess they needed some cliche drama because main theme of the story is already not very trp oriented. I doubt trp viewers would actually want to see a young boy transitioning himself into a girl, they would have related if it was FL like shakti.

2nd about Ananya. I agree Aryaman has more inclination for Krishna whom he met few days ago. Calling off the wedding with Ananya wouldn't be possible but he is not even empathetic about her. But at the same time I didn't bother much into it because he has been shown pretty much disinterested to marry her since first episode. He was just being loyal to her father.

Today's episode showed he actually realizes what's he doing by marrying Krishna and he is aware that what's he going to tell Ananya but yet it was not like she was his fiancé but a girl who wanted to marry him. Honestly I care less about this because lowkey I am tired of MLs being always bowing down to 3rd angle. Also if they showed Aryaman having even minor infatuation for Ananya it would have been more ugly.

But I am more excited how the drama unfolds now. Mohan's story will be parallel to their love story. I didn't count how many episode it crossed but I am genuinely enjoying the show. It has some freshness amidst all typical plots. The leads logical conversation about getting stuck to each other wss so beautiful to see. 

Ye toh bilkul sahi hai. He always looked least interested in marrying Ananyasmiley37 I was both bothered and amused by it. I was like if he is so uninterested why is he even marrying her?smiley44makers just seem to have put this angle to create drama and conflict between kundan and Aryaman. Otherwise it doesn't make any sense. 

I hope they don't turn Ananya into a vamp. She seems to be sensible. A bit self centred but quite realistic. Don't want to see any triangle.

Its in a way a good thing but still she is his childhood friend. I expected a bit more dilemma and conflict from him regarding this. Par this guy looked so eager to marry Krishnasmiley37 no way its any zabardasti for him mauke pe chauka mar dia usne. In the disguise of protecting her life he married the girl he started to likesmiley36Brother in law ke sath kaise smile karke photo bhi khichwai. Only Krishna seems unhappy with the situation smiley37

I am also enjoying the show right now. Its not very humourous but not too negative as well( atleast till now). Even the marriage sequence was kinda funnysmiley36 I just hope they don't make Aryaman's family too toxic or negative towards marriage and Krishna

umawanderer thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 days ago

I was mostly reading written updates till now. and yesterday I saw the whole shadi episodes together. Now I can write about the shadi.

Forceful Shadi:

As far as ITV forceful shadis go... This is somewhat the most acceptable version I saw. The bride and Groom actually had some communication. And they both tried their best to help each other out of this situation.

When Aryaman asked Krishna and Mohan to come with him to Mumbai so that they can get a job. I understood Krishna's stance. She would not have been able to escape the rumours surrounding her and Aryaman if they interacted more. 

It was a great thing to show that Aryaman somehow connected this to his dad's actions. He did not want to run away like his father.

Mohan: 

As you have pointed out, Mohan showed that he can also be protective towards his sister when he vehemently refused Pinkesh's marriage. I love that side of Mohan. Side note: Mohan looks so like a normal boy especially in kurtha pyjama with pagadi, I actually forgot it was an actress playing the character.

We have always see Krishna helping/saving Mohan.. It was refreshing to see Mohan doing whatever he could to protect Krishna.

Complaints:

Why is there no nice BGM till now.. We here a small version of 'Dha tin tha" when Aryaman is leaving and when Krishna goes to Mandap.. But I think we need a nice soulful couple BGM for them.. instead of "OH OH OH"

It is just a werid thing that I noticed, but Mohan did not do the gatbandhan of Aryamn and Krishna. Aryaman took the gatbandhan thing of Pikkesh and continued. And there was no Kanyadaan.. but I didn't care about that.. because Krishna's father is really useless. But Somehow..it feels ominous that Mohan could not do the actual gatbandhan of his jeeja and didi.

Again, the wedding was too early... We see Krishna still thinking about Mahan's confession. She was not given enough time to understand anything. And now adding Aryaman's family matters into this would just be too much on her. I hope this over excerxion does not spoil the siblings relationship.

Jokes:

Am I too logical of person to think, "Yeh kiska bike udhake leke aaye?" when Aryaman had his dashing entry

Ananya's Maa-bhai duo is so funny... They were too invested in Krishna's wedding. Ithna interest toh Krishna ke actual Baap ke dikhaya nahi hoga.

Krishna's cousins are also equally funny.. Shadi Pikesh se ho ya Aryaman se.. They are least bothered. They are only bothered with money.

You know Aryaman is way too suspicious.. Krishna asked him to cover his face with that scarf.. but dude always made his face visible. It was like he was purposefully trying to get caught.

Ketan is the only constant.. he was always ready to go to Mumbai. har dialogue uska Mumbai se start hota tha. aur mumbai par end hota tha

Aryaman was actually smiling when those greedy relatives were taking pictures with him.. really bro??

Blueeeee thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

The point being if this show is about Mohini, she should be the focus. Either Aryaman overshadowing Krishna or Krishna being Mohini's saviour undermines the premise of the show. They shouldn't be the focus and this show should have been an ott show or an avant garde Channel V-ish show. I cannot imagine the core itv audience taking well to 'supposed' boys experiencing gender crisis in teenage years. This, I am saying from a purely trp-advertising PoV. Of course, senstive portrayal of trans experience is a must in pop culture, and Shakti was horrid.

So they are shifting focus to Aryaish(?).

Having said that, I think they are balancing both their characters well. There is a bit of moral ambiguity in Aryaman, and Krishna has her own personality.

I think that they need to slow them down somehow because these two feel like two perfectly okayish people in an arranged marriage with a somewhat trashy family.

Blueeeee thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

I like the slow-ish romantic instrumental they have for Aryaish. They need a legit good ost for them tho. But that should only have a cresendo point when either of them actually start falling in love.

umawanderer thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Blueeeee

The point being if this show is about Mohini, she should be the focus. Either Aryaman overshadowing Krishna or Krishna being Mohini's saviour undermines the premise of the show. They shouldn't be the focus and this show should have been an ott show or an avant garde Channel V-ish show. I cannot imagine the core itv audience taking well to 'supposed' boys experiencing gender crisis in teenage years. This, I am saying from a purely trp-advertising PoV. Of course, senstive portrayal of trans experience is a must in pop culture, and Shakti was horrid.

So they are shifting focus to Aryaish(?).

Having said that, I think they are balancing both their characters well. There is a bit of moral ambiguity in Aryaman, and Krishna has her own personality.

I think that they need to slow them down somehow because these two feel like two perfectly okayish people in an arranged marriage with a somewhat trashy family.

This is certainly way too ambitious for ITV...

This would have worked better in ott platforms..

That is why it would be a miracle if this show ran for even 6 months.smiley39 ITV audience is still not ready for topics like this.

Of course because of TRP reasons they had to shift the focus.. I hope they bring back the original focus again. But they have balanced it fairly well.

Krishna and Aryaman have basic respect for each other... Is it self much more better than most of the forced marriages I have seen in ITV.

HawkEyee thumbnail

Originally posted by: umawanderer

I was mostly reading written updates till now. and yesterday I saw the whole shadi episodes together. Now I can write about the shadi.

Forceful Shadi:

As far as ITV forceful shadis go... This is somewhat the most acceptable version I saw. The bride and Groom actually had some communication. And they both tried their best to help each other out of this situation.

When Aryaman asked Krishna and Mohan to come with him to Mumbai so that they can get a job. I understood Krishna's stance. She would not have been able to escape the rumours surrounding her and Aryaman if they interacted more. 

It was a great thing to show that Aryaman somehow connected this to his dad's actions. He did not want to run away like his father.

Mohan: 

As you have pointed out, Mohan showed that he can also be protective towards his sister when he vehemently refused Pinkesh's marriage. I love that side of Mohan. Side note: Mohan looks so like a normal boy especially in kurtha pyjama with pagadi, I actually forgot it was an actress playing the character.

We have always see Krishna helping/saving Mohan.. It was refreshing to see Mohan doing whatever he could to protect Krishna.

Complaints:

Why is there no nice BGM till now.. We here a small version of 'Dha tin tha" when Aryaman is leaving and when Krishna goes to Mandap.. But I think we need a nice soulful couple BGM for them.. instead of "OH OH OH"

It is just a werid thing that I noticed, but Mohan did not do the gatbandhan of Aryamn and Krishna. Aryaman took the gatbandhan thing of Pikkesh and continued. And there was no Kanyadaan.. but I didn't care about that.. because Krishna's father is really useless. But Somehow..it feels ominous that Mohan could not do the actual gatbandhan of his jeeja and didi.

Again, the wedding was too early... We see Krishna still thinking about Mahan's confession. She was not given enough time to understand anything. And now adding Aryaman's family matters into this would just be too much on her. I hope this over excerxion does not spoil the siblings relationship.

Jokes:

Am I too logical of person to think, "Yeh kiska bike udhake leke aaye?" when Aryaman had his dashing entry

Ananya's Maa-bhai duo is so funny... They were too invested in Krishna's wedding. Ithna interest toh Krishna ke actual Baap ke dikhaya nahi hoga.

Krishna's cousins are also equally funny.. Shadi Pikesh se ho ya Aryaman se.. They are least bothered. They are only bothered with money.

You know Aryaman is way too suspicious.. Krishna asked him to cover his face with that scarf.. but dude always made his face visible. It was like he was purposefully trying to get caught.

Ketan is the only constant.. he was always ready to go to Mumbai. har dialogue uska Mumbai se start hota tha. aur mumbai par end hota tha

Aryaman was actually smiling when those greedy relatives were taking pictures with him.. really bro??

Speaking of jokes  😂 I really laughed whenever Aryaman silently agrees on everything others say. When krishna was asking him logical question about taking Mohan with him he actually left it like jane de yar meri zindegi mein already bohot crisis chal rahi hai. 

Also I read it on X, in promo they showed Krishna asking if she can take Mohan with her and Aryaman is disappointed but in episode Aryaman ne Mohan ko mumbai lane ke liye apne naye sasur ji ko 5 lakh rs ka dahej deke aya😂