Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 days ago

To  t h a t, I can agree, rck, but one doesn't have to transport image issues into the family life...there he is a father and husband, not the actor Ranveer Singh. In the contrary, it is a good opportunity to question the importance of image vis-à-vis the importance of being a private person.

Imo, image-building belongs to the make-believe part of people's life...there should be a place for everybody where a make-believe isn't necessary...the best with people who love you unconditionally (which kids generally do with their parents...at least until their love is misused/mistreated again & again).

Bekind thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Clochette

Two objections from my side:

@rck = Of course Ranveer can act as a model...not every actor might be able to do that convincingly, but Ranveer can.

@Bekind = I think as someone who makes his living by being in front of cameras he does care for the effect he makes...he has to build a recognisable image...his fashion style belongs to his image. And he built it in a way that he can sport whatever fancies him without someone asking about his sexual orientation. I find this courageous in a society that still has to overcome the falling back into dark ages (in regard to what it had been once).

The clothes he wear I don’t think any actor can pull it off. He has an amazing self confidence. What he wears is part of his style and he likes to experiment new things. There are lots of outfits he wore where he know he will be criticized but he chose to wear them.

rckRadhe thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 1 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Clochette

To  t h a t, I can agree, rck, but one doesn't have to transport image issues into the family life...there he is a father and husband, not the actor Ranveer Singh. In the contrary, it is a good opportunity to question the importance of image vis-à-vis the importance of being a private person.

Imo, image-building belongs to the make-believe part of people's life...there should be a place for everybody where a make-believe isn't necessary...the best with people who love you unconditionally (which kids generally do with their parents...at least until their love is misused/mistreated again & again).

This point you have made is very very true, but a profession that highly correlates to an image is also very true too. For a high-profile actor image is everything. 

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

It depends on the personality, I think, how much the image takes over. Sometimes building an image can have the side effect to change the demeanour of the person (not talking about Ranveer or another specific actor/actress) - in a positive or in a negative way.

Ranveer lost some confidence lately (which I find understandable in such a competitive profession and with the flack he got) and sometimes, it shows a bit. That's why I hope for a really successful project for the next year (I have the feeling that Deepika hasn't an 'easy' pregnance) - Ranveer is such a talented actor who really can connect on an emotional level.

zara321 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

1000013098.jpg