Views

Users

Frequent Posters

infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 17 days ago

Originally posted by: cougarTown

same..last 2 episodes left..hooked to it and the world SLB has created

I read some bad reviews about it that how boring it was etc etc. guess many people gave up after first episode since I agree it’s quite boring and even I thought of giving up after watching the first one. The story picks up from second episode though and becomes more and more interesting after that.

Edited by infinity101 - 17 days ago
Life_Is_Dutiful thumbnail

Comedy Crew

The 1st 2 episodes were good. 

3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th episodes are dull and boring. The last 2 episodes were again good.

The love story of Tajdar and Alamzeb was boring. The actor playing the role of Tajdar is awesome but SLB should have cast someone else as Alamzeb instead of his niece. Her dialogue delivery is ok but her face has zero expression in all scenes. In fact she smiles even in emotional scenes.

Manisha, Aditi, Sonakshi and Sanjeeda were amazing. Richa's role was not needed at all. Unlike others, I don't feel this show glorified prostitutes. In fact SLB showed how mean, untrustworthy and inhuman can be the prostitutes. Mallika jaan was a terrible woman, worst mother, worst sister and a pathetic human. The thing she did with Saima and her lover was terrible. It's funny how SLB tried to whitewash Mallika in the last 3 episodes but still I didn't feel bad for her. If there's one character I really felt bad about then it's Waheeda as she was backstabbed by everyone she trusted including her own daughter. 

The sets and costumes were amazing. The mujra songs give you the Pakeezah feel except the last one which was ruined by SLB's niece.

Overall it's just a one time watch and that too if you love watching the sets and costumes of SLB movies.

Edited by Life_Is_Dutiful - 16 days ago
BhataktiJawani thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Done with 7 episodes & I am sad for TaJdar. I mean I kind of felt it would happen to him but still I thought he will be there till end smiley13

Novarieaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 16 days ago

I binge watched it last night. 

Initial few episodes are good to hook you but it spirals down to disaster episode 5 onwards. The story subverts expectations and goes into another direction very soon with little coherence. I think the freedom fighting and revolution part should have been avoided. It should have been fixated on the Mahals' internal confilcts and politics. The most interesting parts were the parts invlolving Heeramandi. The revolution and anti-British resistance was not written properly and it did evoke little to none emotion or response. 

Manisha was good initially but as the story progressrd, you would realize the story warranted a much powerful actress. I feel let down by her tbh. Vidya or Tabu would have cooked and eaten the role.

Sanjeeda was phenomenal. I think her performance is one if the best in the show. 

Sonakshi was good on and off. As Faredaan she has her moments but in the last few epsiodes it deteriorated. Also, her sudden change of heart is not believable. Mallikajan's gang rape, as brutal it is, did not seem enough to trigger a sudden change of heart when she left no stone unturned to destroy everyone around Mallikajan. 

Richa was good as Lajjo Apa in her limited role. 

Aditi was fine too. She looked extremely beautiful. 

Fardeen was meh. 

While I did not like Tajdar at first, he grew on me later. He is handsome and delivers a decent performance and is quite charming. 

Alamzeb is a disaster. She does not fit into the universe of exotic beauty of Heeramandi tawaifs. Her injected lips and almost plastic face ruins many many scenes. She is stiff and boring. 

While everyone is going gaga over the grandeur and aesthetics, I am disappointed by the lack of substance. The hype Ustaadji creates when he says every brick of Heeramandi conceals a secret, falls on its face by the paperthin script. Also, the scene of him with Cartright in his bedroom is very bold and props to the actors for pulling it off. Ustadji especially is phenomenal. 

FatalFlaw thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I'm on the sixth episode, taking it slow to savor every moment instead of binge-watching. And honestly, I don't get how anyone who's a fan of Bhansali could complain. It's classic Bhansali, with all his grandeur and drama on full display, dramatic scenes, sharp dialogue, stunning sarees, lavish sets, albeit with some sloppy writing and abrupt scenes. But that's what you sign up for with Bhansali. If you're into his style, you're gonna love it. Personally, I'm all in, I adore everything he does, and this show is no exception.

cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5

Uff..just finished it last night..i am jaw dropped..still stuck in the enormous world bhansali made me feel a part of..i feel like i have known all of these on a personal level and i want to know / see more..bhansali has done it yet again..magic man..he is just..no words..no words..he is unreal..he is a treasure for BW and he puts BW on a global map with the movies and content he creates / has created..

Performances..all were good

Aditi tops the list, what a performance. She was bibojaan, she lived it. And of course being so breathtaking gorgeous only makes it hard to not be fully invested when she is on screen. She is criminally underrated.

Second was Sanjeeda as Waheedajaan. She was really really good followed by an outstanding Manisha as Malikajaan and Sonakshi as Fareedanjan. Sharmeen was decent as Alamzeb.

Out of the guys, no one has any role or makes any impact except Taha Shah as Tajdar. He makes a very strong impact and is the only one out of all the men who actually had a solid role and makes a good impact. There was no need for Fardeen and Richa to do promotions for cameos. It was misleading and not required. They were barely there. At least Richa had something to do in the 1.5 episodes she is there, Fardeen would have one scene in random 2/3 episodes and it is nothing to write much about.

The music, the mujras esp aditi's, the sets, the bg music, the supporting cast esp farida jalal (so adorable)..everything was so grand and lavish. 

I thoroughly enjoyed it. You need to keep your phone on a side and really focus and you will love it, i didn't even mind the slow pace at times because I was so invested in the world of Heeramandi so beautifully created by SLB. He is a cinema in himself. 

4.5/5

Give it a watch and throw your phones away while you do so. 

Edited by cougarTown - 16 days ago
infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 3

Iss series mei faltu ka patriotic angle ghusane ki kya zarurat thi? It was a good series though, at least a one time watch, too OTT but well that’s what Bhansali is known for.