Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

priya185 thumbnail

Comedy Crew

Posted: 11 days ago

Monkey man review with spoilers - I loved the story direction and background music.  Dev Patel owns this film. Great avenging story with integration of Hanuman ji. I also liked Bobby scenes with his mother, transgender community especially Alpha, it does have blood gore and violence. Neela (Bobby’s mother) death scene was disturbing but nice revenge in the end. I wanted Rana to br burned alive. Sobhita (Sita) had a nice script killing Queenie. 

Watch monkey man in the cinema you won’t regret it 

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: a day ago

Young Sheldon S2—S6

Compared to The Big Bang Theory, Young Sheldon is surprisingly more complex and nuanced. I kept binging from one season to another, so they are all a blur to me now. 

In some ways, there are huge disconnects between TBBT and Young Sheldon. For example, in TBBT, Sheldon remembers his dad as a drunk lout, uninvolved dad, a liar, and a cheater. But George Cooper is far from that. Sure, he is very much an old-fashioned man who sits on the couch and drinks beer while his wife does all the chores. But he is not a drunk lout nor is he uninvolved. He is an involved dad who shows genuine concern for his children. 

The cheating arc is presented in a mature manner with emotion. George never cheated on his wife with Brenda Sparks. But he would have had it not been for a heart attack. And there is an emotional vulnerability and attachment developed that is lacking in his marriage. Mary herself has her temptations despite her piousness. She finds herself having sexual and romantic fantasies of men other than her husband like Pastor Rob. 

It is well done and explores the truth about marriage. What is cheating? When is a marriage over? People change and drift apart. Mary Cooper went from being a fun-loving teen who dated and got pregnant before marriage to a born-again devout Christian, while George Cooper stayed the same. No wonder they drifted apart and struggled to connect as a couple. 

There are other nuances too. George's colleague Wade appears to have a picture-perfect marriage that falls apart quickly. But George and Mary somehow manage to work it out despite their struggles. And should you try to make it work? Especially for the kids. Paige's rebellion may make it seem that divorce is hard on teens and makes them act up. But then Missy goes through the same wringer because her parents are unhappily together. Speaking of Missy, she has some remarkable emotional intelligence and is so intuitive about what is going on. Then there is Billy Sparks who is deeply sad after his parent's divorce but still manages to be the sweetest kid. 

Dale and Meemaw have their own unique dynamic, showing that sometimes marriage isn't necessary for a ride-or-die relationship. Finally, there is Georgie and Mandy. At first blush, Georgie is a fcuk boy who lies about his age and gets a much older woman pregnant. That he is, but when he realizes he is about to be a dad, he matures significantly, stepping up to the plate and taking responsibility. 

Young Sheldon's most important achievement is establishing how he became the Sheldon we know in TBBT. Mary Cooper is often insufferable and coddles Sheldon. Every time he has an opportunity to learn or concede, she overrides everyone else because he is special. Every act of stubbornness and selfishness is reinforced. 

I can't wait to see how the show concludes. 

Billi_Bangalan thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 6

I saw Archies

It should have been a series.....

It lacked an intent and the energy. Last me phusssss ho gaya. 

Reggie and dilton and mr lodge had screen presence. None of the roles shined through. Poorly written and lazy. 

The 2 stories of love triangle and green park were not competed properly. Something felt incomplete. As if upar upar se dikha diya. I wanted to see more.

I liked all the dance and music sessions

My rating 2 out of 5

DobbyDeol thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

Mudgaon express- more like mehgaon express. I chuckled like once or twice during the entire thing. Too long, too cringe, too boring.

priya185 thumbnail

Comedy Crew

Posted: 5 hours ago

I saw laapataa ladies it is a sweet feel good film that addresses issues like domestic violence, dowry, women’s education with subtlety. You will leave the film smiling.