Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Romance Renegades

Posted: 21 days ago

Originally posted by: foreverlazy

UPDATE: I got halfway through Final Offer yesterday and got incredibly frustrated/bored with it, so I thought I'd start Mindf*ck instead... took all night, but I flew through all five books and I get the hype now! It did put me in a weird headspace though just because of the content, and I had meet up with people today, so to kind of just snap me out of it, I started listening to Irresponsible Puckboy by Eden Finley and Saxon James (got all the way to chapter 24 before I came home).

I just wasn't able to get into this Lauren Asher series despite the rave reviews online and from the FB group I'm in! Glad to know I'm not the only one smiley36

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Romance Renegades

The book I just finished was The Seven year slip by Ashley Poston. In the end, it didn't seem like much of a paranormal/ sci-fi or an anything romance- just a dull one! smiley36 Still, give it a try if you like that genre - it did have some moments.

Now reading My Killer Vacation by Tessa Bailey but want to get it over with quick so I can get to Just for the Summer by Abby Jimenez. I absolutely adore her writing! smiley42

foreverlazy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Prize Winner (2022) 0 Thumbnail + 9

Fantasy Fanatics

Originally posted by: LizzieBennet

I just wasn't able to get into this Lauren Asher series despite the rave reviews online and from the FB group I'm in! Glad to know I'm not the only one smiley36

I definitely loved The Fine Print a lot more than I thought I would, but I just think that the other two didn't hit the same. Terms & Conditions felt incredibly gruelling for some reason (it did not need to be that long), even though I really liked the female lead. I think maybe the main guy was too similar to Rowan (the main guy from the first book), but didn't have any of the aspects that made Rowan an interesting character, so he just felt so boring and I think he didn't really redeem himself in my eyes either.

Final Offer I think I was enjoying more than Terms & Conditions (which is definitely an unpopular opinion because I've seen a lot of people dislike Final Offer), but that's mainly because the main guy is so different from his brothers and he was a really good supporting character in the previous books. 

My own gripe with the book is how they talk about addiction - there are one or two moments where Lauren Asher shows how addiction is such a complex issue and it felt like the book handled it with care. But most of the time the writing around this topic felt so messy and it very much felt like a way to force-feed readers with a reason to feel bad for this character rather than addressing how this is a very real issue that people go through not a personality trait to use for your character. 

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Romance Renegades

I definitely loved The Fine Print a lot more than I thought I would, but I just think that the other two didn't hit the same. Terms & Conditions felt incredibly gruelling for some reason (it did not need to be that long), even though I really liked the female lead. I think maybe the main guy was too similar to Rowan (the main guy from the first book), but didn't have any of the aspects that made Rowan an interesting character, so he just felt so boring and I think he didn't really redeem himself in my eyes either.

Final Offer I think I was enjoying more than Terms & Conditions (which is definitely an unpopular opinion because I've seen a lot of people dislike Final Offer), but that's mainly because the main guy is so different from his brothers and he was a really good supporting character in the previous books. 

My own gripe with the book is how they talk about addiction - there are one or two moments where Lauren Asher shows how addiction is such a complex issue and it felt like the book handled it with care. But most of the time the writing around this topic felt so messy and it very much felt like a way to force-feed readers with a reason to feel bad for this character rather than addressing how this is a very real issue that people go through not a personality trait to use for your character. 

I think Terms & Conditions (Declan's book) is the most loved one in this series? I started it twice, couldn't get into it and gave up. I didn't even try with the other two. Maybe I should ..at some point, when I'm feeling a little less impatient. smiley9

foreverlazy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Prize Winner (2022) 0 Thumbnail + 9

Fantasy Fanatics

Originally posted by: LizzieBennet

I think Terms & Conditions (Declan's book) is the most loved one in this series? I started it twice, couldn't get into it and gave up. I didn't even try with the other two. Maybe I should ..at some point, when I'm feeling a little less impatient. smiley9

It definitely is! I think it might've also had something to do with the fact that Bridgerton Season 2 had come out around the same time the book was released and well, people love to see the grumpy eldest son find love. If you're ever up for it, I'd try the first book because it's the shortest and honestly the perfect length for the story the author's trying to tell.

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Romance Renegades

It definitely is! I think it might've also had something to do with the fact that Bridgerton Season 2 had come out around the same time the book was released and well, people love to see the grumpy eldest son find love. If you're ever up for it, I'd try the first book because it's the shortest and honestly the perfect length for the story the author's trying to tell.

holy hell I loved Kanthony and Bridgerton S2! I’m definitely on board with trying this one now! smiley4

[Post Removed]

DreamOfEndless thumbnail

Non-fiction Nerds

Posted: 19 days ago

Originally posted by: ExoticDisaster

My honest opinion, I didn't like it that much. It was okay-ish for me. With the time Turner, I expected a lot from it!! Something like Prisoner of Azkaban.. it was a disappointment for me.

And yes, they ruined Ron's character here. I love Ginny tho..

I have read the HP series 4 times, but couldn't bring myself cursed child a second go.

May be because I had high expectations, I felt it wasn't worth my time. You don't get bored, but for me it's a one time read only..

I had very less expectations from Cursed Child after hearing general reviews – and after reading I totally get why that is the case – so I was okay with a readable plot (although the loopholes are glaring). It does not do justice to most of the important bonds that are established during the seven books. Don’t know why they wrote it.

Posted: 12 days ago

[Post Removed]

Posted: 8 days ago

[Post Removed]