Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

asmitamohanty thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Team Kabir

Posted: 2 months ago

But 9MH ended on such a heart breaking note...show is such a well made with compelling characters...we were so invested...so everyone deserves to see the ending..

So hope they release it one day..

asmitamohanty thumbnail

Team Kabir

Originally posted by: Spandan24

Your favourite character from Mahabharat ( apart from Krishna) & why?

I love Draupadi but will talk about her later.

But I like Arjun.Epitome of focus, determination & sincere effort. He is humble, curious, sensitive and idealistic..he had dillemas that stems from being compassionate,considerate & conscientious. It came from his awareness of his own ability,his fear of killing..he voiced them at the cost of his reputation & we got Bhagvat Gita..

He is ever evolving,ever eager to imbibe newer knowledge , master new skills, malleable( i don't think anyone else would have thought of him being an enunch and dancing..but he did) and always strived for excellence..with complete surrender to Krishna..

After innumerable struggles his life was never about them..no self-victimisation.

The most misunderstood character of Mahabharat?

It is Draupadi.. mostly artists have painted her as a damsel in distress being molested but that court of Hastinapur was her strongest moment She spewed logic and dharma.She came up with queries that no one answered..She questioned Yudhisthira's action & elder's inaction. She with a lot of self control & self respect resisted the 3rd boon..most resilient, brilliant & fiesty moment of her life..

Also there are so many things like " andhe ka putr andha" or her insulting/rejecting Karna in swayambara..her vowing to wash her hair with Dushashan's blood but they are nowhere mentioned in Vyas Mahabhat.

She was the CEO,, treasurer & personal manager of Indraprastha with judicial decisions regarding women's issues in her hand, she knew every staffs by their name & took care of their food..even after going through so much and her sons being murdered she still chose to forgive him & did the same when Pandavas ruled after war..such a graceful woman.with devotion to almighty.smiley27 & they portray her as some arrogant , irresponsible woman with extreme anger, & hunger for revenge..and they should not name their daughter as Draupadi...

the most overrated character in Mahabharat & why?

Karna..Some Modern versions and TV serials do glorify him by portraying him as the victim of circumstances by overlooking his flaws/sins and propagating some myth..

One thing in Mahabharat you feel is very very unfair...

Draupadi VH is unfair...& Also the murder of her 5 sons by Aswathama also was unfair...

Who according to you is the most underrated character in Mahabharat?

There are so many...but I would say Ghatotkacha... without his bravery, strength and sacrifice Mahabhat win would not have been possible . Inspite of being raised by his mother ,his love , devotion and loyalty for his father was commendable.even in his last moment he swelled his body & made sure to fall on Kauravas army ...I don't think he is talked about that much..

Root cause of Mahabharata 

Action/inaction of wise and conscientious people..All followed Dharma...but couldn't break the rigidity of dharma to mould it & make rational decisions..all were blinded by something..

Learning from 

1) Yudhishthira: How to always try to be conscientious & do the right thing..with calmness and patience & don't give in to your vices & let the addiction overpower your wiseness

2) Draupadi: How to break the shackles by always taking a stand for yourself, mental strength to always do the right thing even on the face of adversity, sorrow or blatant injustice... epitome of self-esteem, self respect, courage & intelligence

3) Krishna : Everything... diplomatic maneuver, innovative ideas, crystal clear foresight,incisive mind...his courage to stand for the Dharma & perform his duty no matter what..but without being disrespectful.. spreading happiness and love

4) Arjun I have already said enough..so I would say tremendous concentration , focus and discipline... always striving to master new skills & to be excellent & keeping respect for elders  and devotion to almighty intact ...

5) Bhishma: It does take immense selflessness, courage & deep sense of duty to make a sacrifice .. whenever you take a vow be courageous enough to break it whenever there is a question of Dharma and humanity

Will you defend Yudhishthira in that dice game 

Not at all..He gave in to his addiction not just of gambling but of being self-righteous ..I definitely think he could have done better..I have also read somewhere that he had mentioned that he was also there with in the dice game with a small desire in the corner of his heart to gain Hastinapur..I don't know if it is a later fictional addition or something..

But he is definitely  who blindly worshipped the written Dharma..

Learning from Yudhishthira and Draupadi's flaws

Yudhisthira: We should not blindly worship the written Dharma,rules regulations..,think rationally and make decisions...

With Draupadi ...may be I am biased but I have not seen any epic flaw in her... 

What is the knowledge from Gita/mahabharat that you apply in your life 

You and only you have to fight for yourself in the battle of life... sometimes you have to fight with your loved ones, sometimes with your own self..but stay true to dharma of humanity..and perform your duties..

What is the one thing that Ram did that you don't agree with?

I am not comfortable with Sita's  "Agni Pariksha"....I don't agree with it...

Underrated character in Ramayan

Urmila...her sacrifice is truly selfless and unparalleled...I don't think she is talked about much..

Do you think Meghnath Badh was a unfair thing 

I don't think it was unfair..that was the only way to kill him.but I definitely feel bad for him.. because he genuinely was one of the most skilled & greatest warrior....& Very very loyal ...but as he supported adharma he had to go like this..

Loo done...

Thanks you ...smiley27

Edited by asmitamohanty - 2 months ago
Pete15rogmourey thumbnail

Team Bhidur

If you would go on a date with characters of 9MH and Mrityudand  ( male or female ) which character would you pick from both of these shows and why?

Same question for characters of CID and Vanshaj 

asmitamohanty thumbnail

Team Kabir

Originally posted by: Pete15rogmourey

If you would go on a date with characters of 9MH and Mrityudand  ( male or female ) which character would you pick from both of these shows and why?

Same question for characters of CID and Vanshaj 

9 MH: I really liked Majid..

Someone who was really skilled at his job..a man with layers of complexities & loves his sister ,when he told his sister that "he would be lonely when she will go away after marriage " I wanted someone to be in his life to fill this loneliness...it would be him..

Another is Shivam.. initially I was like what a brash personality...but then gradually with the course of the show,his layers kept getting exposed & I fell for his beautiful vulnerable heart...

I want to go on a date with two people..from 9MH

Mrityudand: Shivam there is the most beautifully flawed perfectly imperfect character...he makes mistakes, messes up but owns up to it , & another level of respect & understanding... without being boring..

CID: Abhijit sir...He is a correct combination of intelligence , Emotional side , seriousness and sense of humour..who can be really fun to be around.with healthy leg pulling. supportive, and with him we can share our weired dreams with eachother.. 

VANSHAJ: Is it something to even ask..

Kabir ..Kabir & Kabir... Oberoi..

Handsome,smart, intelligent who is soo good with words...talks in couplets...a swag and style bomb...he dances with so much abandon...that streak of maddness & mystery around him makes him a perfect date..smiley42

MochaQueen thumbnail

Team Neivika

Originally posted by: asmitamohanty

It is a self-help book linked with his previous book...

Robin Sharma had published a book "The monk who sold his Ferrari" earlier..which is about a lawyer who achieved almost everything materialistic in life..but did not live a fulfilling life. Too busy in working & going ahead in life he ruined his personal life. One day a situation arises where he needed to choose between profession & life..Then his journey to Himalaya in search of monks to learn life lessons & then what happens is presented in a fictional manner.. AMAZING BOOK

Now this book"Who will cry when you die" is a lesson from a monk who sold his Ferrari... non-fiction format & it can be read as stand-alone.  it contains 101 chapters each 2-3 pages..each content brings the best in me...It is like energy booster...

Do you read such kind of books?

I love self help and spiritual books. I will definitely give them a try if I find them.

I started reading Psycho Cybernetics...this book has been recommended by a lot of people. It changes your personality and outlook on life.

Saumya2102 thumbnail
Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: asmitamohanty

Chalo ho Gaya...

It was amazing answering  all 6 rounds...

Thank you...soo much..smiley27

You missed out on Q10 and 35. Although I think you're an introvert like me.

Quite surprised you don't drink tea or coffee. I love coffee. And I have people in my family who are such addicts to either of these that they won't function without a cup.

Thank you for patiently answering all the questions. I've read both 5 & 6 round but as you know abhi sab ka reply karna is a bit difficult.

It was such a great way to know you more. I loved every minute of this smiley27

Pete15rogmourey thumbnail

Team Bhidur

This has been the most active MOTW thread in WEEKS

asmitamohanty thumbnail

Team Kabir

Originally posted by: Saumya2102

You missed out on Q10 and 35. Although I think you're an introvert like me.

Quite surprised you don't drink tea or coffee. I love coffee. And I have people in my family who are such addicts to either of these that they won't function without a cup.

Thank you for patiently answering all the questions. I've read both 5 & 6 round but as you know abhi sab ka reply karna is a bit difficult.

It was such a great way to know you more. I loved every minute of this smiley27

If given a choice... I would rather have coffee than tea..but it is like that way only...I don't like them that much...

Yes ..you know me.. I take my time to open up & be comfortable..

Arrey I loved every minute of answering it as well...Thank you...smiley27smiley31

asmitamohanty thumbnail

Team Kabir

Originally posted by: MochaQueen

I love self help and spiritual books. I will definitely give them a try if I find them.

I started reading Psycho Cybernetics...this book has been recommended by a lot of people. It changes your personality and outlook on life.

I also love such books. I will definitely try it...Thank you for recommendations..smiley27 

asmitamohanty thumbnail

Team Kabir

Ok....

It was a busy week for me...Thank you for keeping me busy....

Saumya thank you for those amazing intellectually stimulating beautiful questions ....it made me revisit my favourite movies, subjects, songs & Nbtnmkk as well... I loved every minute of answering them...you are soo kindsmiley27

Thanks Pete ...for all the questions you asked..made me introspect & made me revisit my childhood & analyse my love for serials.., India forums & my opinion on issues  with labs ..as well...Thank you ...I am waiting for your review of Mrityudand..

Thanks Vidhi...for being so sweet, those questions about movies & made me think...I loved that video...Thank you for the suggestion on Marathi movies... I will check them out..

Hina Dii...for always being there, reacting on every post... asking about my favourite book & suggesting a book that I know I am gonna love...you are really sweet...

Last but definitely not the least...Spandan..you have mentioned 100 times that you have copied, copied but you know the fact that you thought so much & then finally managed to ask some questions about different stuffs mean soo much to me..you are always present here making this thread alive .It would have been incomplete without you...you are sweet...

As I said in this thread, time is the most precious gift you can give to anyone...you all gave me that..& made me feel special..lots of love smiley27 & 

THANK YOU....