Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

FlauntPessimism thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 3 months ago

Originally posted by: cuteamanboy

i think in critical edition it is one year however northeast edition mentions 12 years 

conflict is there if it is 12 years or 12 months 

also i heard in vedic era child marriage was not there 

may be sita was counting it from birth may be she was referring to thread ceremony also known as second birth 

though i think all the sisters were in their teenage at the time of marriage between 13-17

Critical edition mentions 12 years, though you right, some recensions have it 12 months (not CE though)

If she was referring to thread ceremony, then there is no thread ceremony for girls, in that case Ram could be 25 (post thread) which would mean he was 36(assuming 11 birth year the year of thread ceremony which Seeta was still 18

If 12 years in Ayodhya number is correct, then assuming she was 13 at the time of marriage, then 12+14 I.e. years at Ayodhya and exile would mean she was 39 at the time of return to Ayodhya which I think was a very late age for having children.

The best possible explanation I think could be the 12 months thing, it wasn't 12 years at Ayodhya but 12 months

That could mean she was 17 at the time of marriage 

cuteamanboy thumbnail
Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

i don't think 39 is too late to have kids and also i heard there are slight chances of multiple pregnancy is higher in later phase 

though i think all sisters were around 30 when they conceived 

may be other three were having singleton twice and sita had twins 

FlauntPessimism thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: cuteamanboy

i don't think 39 is too late to have kids and also i heard there are slight chances of multiple pregnancy is higher in later phase 

though i think all sisters were around 30 when they conceived 

may be other three were having singleton twice and sita had twins 

Possible but then how is 13 fitting the chronology assuming 12 years in Ayodhya is true?

If she stayed there for 12 years, then by no logic she could have been 18 at the time of exile because by birth age she would be 25 then and there is no case of Upnayan of females..

Even if it were 7 is not the age for Upnanayan of anyone 

cuteamanboy thumbnail
Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

yes you are right by the way i didn't know there was no upanayan for females 

Hari Anant Hari Katha Ananta, Kahayi Sunahi Bahu vidhi sab santa

Edited by cuteamanboy - 3 months ago