Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Viswasruti thumbnail

Verse Voyagers

Posted: 2 months ago

Originally posted by: LizzieBennet

Madhu, it would be fun to have a book club here. We could have it for multiple genres. Do consider it, and if you need ideas, I'm here to help. 

I'm part of an online book club on FB and it's been fun so far.

You are welcome to implement your ideas here Lizzie. 

Please start one. smiley10

Savera84 thumbnail

What is my initial experience with libraries?  Good question.smiley20

I am basically a book worm.  Where ever I see books. my legs automatically move towards the source.  It is not always a library though.smiley3. To be frank, this is not just my initial experience with libraries, this is my overall book reading experience.smiley1

Dive in at your own risk please!smiley14

I was a regular at my school and college libraries.  I read as many books as I could lay my hands on, during those days.  Unlike my classmates, I even got exemptions from scolding when I missed to return the library books by due date couple of times.   Till this date I don't know the reason.🤔

Some of you might know that, Higginbotham's is a chain of book stores and some of them were located at few popular train stations.  When I first found that I will be travelling through one of those stations in my next trip, I felt very happy.  Guess what!  My train stopped at that station in the middle of the night and the store was closed.  I was so disappointed.smiley19

The public libraries were too far away, so, it was never a choice to visit them to read books to my hearts content.

I used to borrow books on rent by using my pocket money and when living in Delhi, I even ordered magazines from AP to continue reading some of the good stories from famous authors in my language. 

After moving to Delhi I found a reasonably good sized library in the officers' club.  It belonged to the company where my husband worked.  I frequently visited that library as it is just few meters away from our apartment inside the quarters.

After migrating to Sydney, I found libraries in every suburb.  I made it a habit to become a member in every suburb we lived in.

Come to think of it, I never sat in a library to read books.  I just used to borrow books and go home.

Until last year, I even had a collection of books at home.  

I must admit, it is not the case anymore.  The concept of e-books has changed everything.

I read mostly on my laptop now and my books are sitting in the shelf and collecting dust.smiley13

Cheers..

Edited by Savera84 - 2 months ago
DreamOfEndless thumbnail

Non-fiction Nerds

Originally posted by: Viswasruti

You are welcome to implement your ideas here Lizzie. 

Please start one. smiley10

Can we also have a book recommendation/discussion thread, based on one theme/genre at a time? (maybe a weekly theme or a monthly theme)

Viswasruti thumbnail

Verse Voyagers

Originally posted by: DreamOfEndless

Can we also have a book recommendation/discussion thread, based on one theme/genre at a time? (maybe a weekly theme or a monthly theme)

That is a great idea Tiara. Please start one. smiley10