Krishnaravali thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 months ago

Why is the forum so Silent? I have been watching the show with recent updates on YouTube by Zeetv and the show looks a lot promising when compared to other shows running. Amrutha is way better compared to the other FL in the channel. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

flutterby thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

There are many factors as to why there aren't many topics and activities in the forum. Firstly, people have other more user friendly social media platforms- X, IG, Snapchat and others to chat on. Secondly, IF is no longer user-friendly, as one of my old friends who I am still in contact with complains. Thirdly, people have much more options to watch-web series, Turkish/Korean shows etc. Why will they watch stagnant Hindi serials which haven't moved on from 2 decades ago? The same tired love triangles, melodramatic Ott scenes. People have moved on, show makers haven't. smiley1 Edit- And we are sort of active on the EDTs. No use in making a new topic to discuss the same things we see in the show. 

Edited by flutterby - 3 months ago
Krishnaravali thumbnail

That's true but TRP Aunties play a major role in the ITV and they continue to watch because of no other option. Until they come out of the zone people won't stop making the regressive stories. What is EDT BTW?

Adiandsid thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 7

EDT: Episode Discussion Thread. Most discussions happen in this thread. This thread of the Forum is decently active. 

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5344227

Edited by Adiandsid - 3 months ago
Krishnaravali thumbnail

Thank you 😊

LAV2725 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 3

Felt like saying this here.

Some recent data, surveys are interesting to contradict this myth many people active online seem to carry, a notion called 'TRP audience' or 'TRP aunties' tagging them for regular TV watching. smiley24 This notion to some extent might have been valid a decade and half back, but may not fully in current times.smiley9

8pm to 10pm time slots in India are mainly family watching slots for GECs, mostly in urban & semi urban  segments. Senior citizens, super senior citizens, teenagers, kids, youngsters are part of families, along with uncles,smiley4 not just aunties.smiley16  So in reality, its families who are daily sitting to watch TV shows on their hall/drawing room TV sets and are giving gross viewership to GECs for those prime time slots.  

Whereas afternoon and early evening time slots are watched MORE by stay at home house wives & elderly people.smiley14 as other family members mostly aren't home at those hours, specifically on week days.

For measuring & publishing weekly TRPs, barely thousands of pre-selective sample households with baro-meters linked to household TV sets are being used by BARC, as a process to collect weekly engagement data after 2015. (In recent years BARC data, process, system & samples for arriving at weekly TRP's have several reported loopholes, which is a separate topic thoughsmiley24)

India is such a diverse nation with varying choices in consumption of TV as entertainment mediumProblem with overdose of outdated, rinse and repeat, ott concepts, stories, plots in fiction shows is arguably more to do with hindi channels, producers, writers than with overall TV audiences, if we observe post covid consumption of fiction TV.smiley14 Other non-hindi languages comparatively when we notice are atleast trying different stories & concepts on TV at prime time slots, little away from run of the mill. That may also be reason we are seeing more remakes into hindi GECs, from other languages.

Originally posted by: Krishnaravali

That's true but TRP Aunties play a major role in the ITV and they continue to watch because of no other option. Until they come out of the zone people won't stop making the regressive stories. What is EDT BTW?

Edited by LAV2725 - 3 months ago
Pyaarasam thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: flutterby

There are many factors as to why there aren't many topics and activities in the forum. Firstly, people have other more user friendly social media platforms- X, IG, Snapchat and others to chat on. Secondly, IF is no longer user-friendly, as one of my old friends who I am still in contact with complains. Thirdly, people have much more options to watch-web series, Turkish/Korean shows etc. Why will they watch stagnant Hindi serials which haven't moved on from 2 decades ago? The same tired love triangles, melodramatic Ott scenes. People have moved on, show makers haven't. smiley1 Edit- And we are sort of active on the EDTs. No use in making a new topic to discuss the same things we see in the show. 

I've recently joined IF but I totally agree with you. Viewers have more options nowadays espe with digital platforms and binge-watching. Agar TV koh dekhna hai PH and Co better move on than staying in prehistoric time.