Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Petrichor80 thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 months ago

For once I agree with Ranbir. Detachment is the way to be. 

I would also say try to focus on what you love. Unless you REALLY want to be miserable and angry, then you can focus on what you hate smiley36smiley36

Edited by Petrichor80 - 5 months ago
Petrichor80 thumbnail

Originally posted by: capricornrcks

Agreed.But obsession -or at least the version they romanticize on movies- seems to have more of a choice. I have less patience with whiny megalomaniac Devdas who ruined two women's lives.

Though Ponniyin Selvan's Aditya Karikalan who can't move on and drowns his sorrow in war,blood and alcohol curiously gets my sympathy. Probably because his sister calls him on it. She essentially tells him that Aish is married now. Get over it. Devdas had too many people mollycoddling him.

Same with Kabir Singh. Dude was batshit crazy, but his friend was offering his sister to him to get married smiley29

capricornrcks thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Petrichor80

Same with Kabir Singh. Dude was batshit crazy, but his friend was offering his sister to him to get married smiley29

That's a typical Telugu cinema trope. Women are treated like commodity and the father has total control over disposing said commodity. More than Kabir Singh's toxic nature, it was his friend's utter callousness which disgusts me. What sort of a brother would offer their sister to a narcissistic druggie man on a downward spiral as some sort of consolation prize?

Petrichor80 thumbnail

Originally posted by: capricornrcks

That's a typical Telugu cinema trope. Women are treated like commodity and the father has total control over disposing said commodity. More than Kabir Singh's toxic nature, it was his friend's utter callousness which disgusts me. What sort of a brother would offer their sister to a narcissistic druggie man on a downward spiral as some sort of consolation prize?

Yes, that part never made sense to me. It was just Vanga's problematic writing.

MaebyFunke thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

On one hand he says AR is the greatest love story and on the other, he says obsession is not healthy? Pick a lane brother, you can't have it both.