To SSP PH- Dhruv Tara leap is a BIG MISTAKE - Fan reaction/thoughts

aekiel thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 14 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 6 months ago

I write this as someone who's pretty much watched the show from the beginning, and my word, the way this one has been butchered in the last week is very, very disappointing. smiley6 

Episode 200 has the leads getting married in a 10 minute scene.

Episode 201 shows one year of their married life in the 21st century within 2 mins, and proceeds to have them separated in the very same episode through an earthquake in the 17th century.

Is this the shortest marriage + separation/leap for a very popular couple on ITV in recent memory? I'd say yes, and it's not a proud record to hold smiley6

How does the portal also get destroyed in the 21st the moment it got destroyed by a quake in the 17th? If it was originally destroyed in the 17th, all the time travelling from the 21st to the 17th should never have been possible in the first place (Rajmata, Dhruv Tara themselves, Dhruv as Nayak, the letters from Dharmendra etc). It's illogical if you look at the laws of time.

The leads get no romance scenes (not even an implied SR) after marriage, and the FL is immediately shown as pregnant in episode 203 after the separation. It's obvious the marriage was shown only for the kid (otherwise that marriage wouldn't have been shown before the separation either). You then introduce a new character and have his hand cut for the FL's unborn kid, and have his blood fall into the FL's maang in the very first episode after separation. This after showing the original ML and FL to have a union that is blessed by God himself. New character's kingdom is seen desperately seeking an heir- we can all see where there is possibly going- EK style triangle and dragging because new character has done an ehsaan that can never be repaid by FL and she's big on doing her duty.

I have nothing against the new character (Surya Pratap) or the actor (KVG- I actually like him), but this was supposed to be a story of Dhruv and Tara's characters growing together with their relationship as the focal point. You could have had some domestic scenes in the 21st century immediately after marriage- Tara getting to understand 21st century life with her 17th century lens, Tara learning modern medicine etc, and it would be easy to keep an element of drama, but also have the comedy quotient intact. But no, a maggi style fast forward and separation/leap? 

Around the 100th episode stage, I could remember so many good D-T moments and dialogues of the show (we even did a page on them). Fast forward to 200, and I can barely remember a few of them. smiley28

And so, so many loose ends- the writing has been very poor in recent times

The time portal getting destroyed in the 21st the moment it got destroyed in the 17th illogicality I pointed above.

What happened to time stopping when D-T did their letter writing ritual? Dhruv's stop watch stopped, Tara's sand glass shattered and the watch at D-T's family place stopped at the same time too. smiley5

How did the entire Rajparivaar and everyone present forget what had happened to D-T during the letter writing ritual? This part felt like an attempt by the writers to hint at parallel universes, but that was conveniently forgotten. smiley44

Where is Dharmendra now?

How does the portal only go between the 17th and 21st and not any other time periods? And sometimes, it deposits people near the railway track (that's happened twice), and sometimes elsewhere.  smiley39What is the logic? Remember that Tara was even willing to send a drugged Dhruv inside a peti by time travel? What if that peti (with Dhruv) landed on the railway tracks and a train immediately came (just like it happened with Tara in the first episode)

Dhruv actually lost his identity in the 21st as a result of the curse. And how is new Susheela re-united with old Ravi and yet raises no questions about how Tara has returned her husband to her?

How does Dhruv get a job in the 21st with no medical degree (he was wiped out of existence remember?)

Samrat is shown to shed one tear for Tillotama, but nothing is shown about his end. Tillo also very conveniently confesses to all her crimes in one episode, and dies in the next epi or so- this almost feels like everything was hurried up.

I suspect there's TRP pressure. The core essence of this show was to be D-T's characters growing together, and that has been completely lost. I don't think that will return in the future either given the writing I'm seeing, and having a kid means all tracks will be kid-centric. 

Such a waste- it feels like you've massacred the essence of the show.

Edited by aekiel - 6 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

firewings_diya thumbnail

I can feel you smiley1 thank god i just watched few epis. Already tired of these second love troops saga. One of the show has already been destroyed and now i see one more is going to be destroyed. I hope you guys will get the ending that you desired smiley1

Swetha-Sai thumbnail

Word to your post! smiley20

Iโ€™ve left this show ever since I heard that KVG is entering this show. smiley18 KVG is known to take parallel lead roles so I felt my intuition to be correct and it has happened.. smiley18

Hate all ITV shows which glorify second love and twist narratives regarding first love / husband.. 

vibha28 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ™Œ

I hear you and have stopped watching the show since the new track!

I admit I was one vocal voice that wanted marriage but not a 15min marriage. I wanted proper marriage and a decent track. I was also willing to bear separation but one where sanctity of marriage is respected.

From the very first episode they sold us Krishna being the divinity that brought them together. Then if that wasnโ€™t enough they brought a human form of Krishna to get the leads married. And now they are doing this?

I hate hate hate this track and refuse to watch it. In my opinion they should end it. I am manifesting it. I donโ€™t want the show to be ruined and I rather they focus on ending and give it a decent closure. We all can move on too.

This is due to TRP but right now KVG isnโ€™t the most bankable star. Plus show is Dhruv Tara and leads have magical chemistry. There was no abuse or abandonment in their marriage and now they are showing FL cheating too. Thatโ€™s so crass and low class. 

You are not the only one right now apart from the crazy fan no one is liking it. They fked up very bad.