Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

NoraSM thumbnail
Posted: 7 months ago

SRKians really need to calm down sometimes, I see them promoting Salaar more than Jawan and Dunki, Jawan is still in the theater and has a chance at 600cr Hindi Nett but they'd rather talk about Salaar than Jawan or Dunki 🤦‍♀️

Anyways, SRK gave 2000cr box office...Have some faith in him, he has been in the business for 30 years 

Just calm down, stop fighting with everyone and especially with people who find new favourites in each and every person who is against SRK 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ 

Even Prabhas must be thinking - 

ye-log-jinse-main-anjaan-hoon-main-inka-bhagwaan-kaise-ban-gaya.jpg

JayaBachan thumbnail

Originally posted by: NoraSM

Even Prabhas must be thinking - 

ye-log-jinse-main-anjaan-hoon-main-inka-bhagwaan-kaise-ban-gaya.jpg

LMAOOOOOO this meme made me laugh out loud. Such a curveball. 

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Pen Marudhar also got the distribution rights for Jawan in the Hindi belt (North and West India)...SRK favoured him as AA Films did associate themselves with Excel in 2018 putting KGF 1 against Zero. And AA Films (Thadani) had been also the distributor with Raees (associated there, too, with Farhan's and Ritesh Sidhwani's Excel Entertainment).

So, I wonder if AA Films will distribute Salaar in North and West India... (they already distribute Ranbir's Animal, which releases on 1st of Dec.)

And yessssss...AA Film's Wiki site tells me that Thadani also distributes the Hindi version of Salaar...Ha!

Edited by Clochette - 7 months ago
VimalPanMasala thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Clochette

Hardly...no disaster at all for Kaabil...both movies got the verdict "Hit" (Kaabil had a lower budget and a lower boxoffice vs a Raees with a higher budget and a slightly higher boxoffice)

Do you have a source for the blocking...because my source tells that it was initially 3200 screens against 2700 screens and later 200 screens additional for Kaabil. Btw, SRK hadn't wanted a clash with Kaabil...it had been Excel's decision only.

There already Excel and AA Films worked together (like they did one year later with KGF 1...)

The distributor for Salaar in the Hindi belt isn't known, yet...

And the Dilwale clash had been initiated by Lulla's Eros Entertainment (producer and distributor of Bajirao Mastani), with whom SRK had parted ways after Ra.One.

Kaabil is not a real hit - both kaabil and raees were inflated bo-wise, which is why you'll see both get dragged often in producer circles. It actually did decent but because of the huge amount of money pumped for screens and bribing the movie lost money and wasn't really a "hit". Same with Raees. 

But my point was that SRK and Excel are both not the reason why the clash happened, it was Thadani, who distributed Raees (although SRK likely gave his yes). The same guy who is doing Animal and Salaar - mainly because he knows Prabhas's nationalistic fans will be riled with a Hindi clash PLUS the Yash cameo will do crazy in the belt areas - Thadani used this strategy for KGF 2 and it paid off big time. AA films has a contract - there's no way the distributor for Salaar in Hindi is not someone who hasn't agreed to their demands. 

Dilwale clash was different - it was mainly because everyone went to the same astrologer and it backfired. 

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Then I wonder what Thadani wants through deliberately clashing with an SRK movie again...Is he the one who takes the decision or is someone else making him doing this decision.

If it is Thadani himself, does he have a feud with SRK?

VimalPanMasala thumbnail

Originally posted by: Clochette

Then I wonder what Thadani wants through deliberately clashing with an SRK movie again...Is he the one who takes the decision or is someone else making him doing this decision.

If it is Thadani himself, does he have a feud with SRK?

I don't know but he is good at getting what he wants, if not Dunki he'll aim for the new actioner SRK is doing with Suhana as that is easy pickings. 

natkhat_angel thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: VimalPanMasala

Kaabil is not a real hit - both kaabil and raees were inflated bo-wise, which is why you'll see both get dragged often in producer circles. It actually did decent but because of the huge amount of money pumped for screens and bribing the movie lost money and wasn't really a "hit". Same with Raees. 

But my point was that SRK and Excel are both not the reason why the clash happened, it was Thadani, who distributed Raees (although SRK likely gave his yes). The same guy who is doing Animal and Salaar - mainly because he knows Prabhas's nationalistic fans will be riled with a Hindi clash PLUS the Yash cameo will do crazy in the belt areas - Thadani used this strategy for KGF 2 and it paid off big time. AA films has a contract - there's no way the distributor for Salaar in Hindi is not someone who hasn't agreed to their demands. 

Dilwale clash was different - it was mainly because everyone went to the same astrologer and it backfired. 

Off topic, sorry, but is he the same guy who is married to Raveena?

VimalPanMasala thumbnail

Originally posted by: natkhat_angel

Off topic, sorry, but is he the same guy who is married to Raveena?

Yes! Her husband. That's why with his influence Raveena won the Padma Shri. 

I_M_SultaN thumbnail

arrogant ppl shivering dua karo yeh hu na jae smiley37smiley37

https://twitter.com/letscinema/status/1712513034638549203