Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

HearMeRoar thumbnail
Posted: 9 months ago

I hope she does. Maybe she'll pay attention to the critics and actually put in some work this time. She's really not bad. Just wasn't given a chance to improve because she'd been told all her career she's already the best.

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Always with Meryl Streep. I dont have any high opinion on her other than 3/4 films I watched long back. So Alia being compared to her and people not liking doesnt mean anything to me.  If shes compared to Taraji Henson or something Id take notice. 😆 Same way on critics. Salman has been trying to tell us since 2002 that these critics are all biased and cheaters. If you follow them your creating your own misery. 

Alia's coterie compared her to Meryl Streep😆. Alia compared herself to Amitabh Bachchan. Clearly, she has a high opinion on both seniors. As does most of movie-watching world who know these 2.

It's not something I'm bringing up to mock her.

So when she gets a majority of bad reviews for her first international outing... 

Anyway, you like her. I think she's a B student who thought she wrote the textbook. Actually, she was told that by her mentor and the rest of BW. Maybe she'll actually learn something and put up a good show next time. We'll see.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

But I don’t have a high opinion of the her. So when someone brings her up I can’t reconcile it. Just like when these complaints crop up about reviews/critics and they’re fair/unfair/paid. If it took Alia coming into movies to show that the Bollywood critics are shady I wonder where you all been the dozen or so years before that. Same scenario w awards 

Yes I think Alia is pretty charismatic. Not the prettiest ( I don’t know if she would rank a top 5 for me) But I liked alot of her movies. An I always try to fight against that stigma that some of these other boys/girls that came after 2010 aren’t succeeding because of her . When a lot just aren’t good imho. A there isn’t a thimbles worth of evidence that would connect her success to their failings 

But again one of my favorite actors is Eddie Murphy so perhaps I’m in a different reality. 😆 I feel he should’ve gotten like 3 Oscar’s by now

Edited by Maroonporsche - 9 months ago
rckRadhe thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 1 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: ohophelia

Watched it in fast forward mode during the action scenes. By the trailer I think it can be estimated that it was a thakela B grade movie. Just as that the storyline is a bad. Gal overshadows Alia by a margin and that's saying something because Gal herself is a pretty terrible actress. Alia comes across as overly conscious. English when spoken by any actors doesn't need to feel American. With the exception of PC, everybody else like DP, Tabu, Irfan never Americanized their way of speaking. But Alia is on the fence throughout the whole movie with her limited dialogues. Sometimes she  sounds Indian and other times trying to ape American speak. All in all, it was a failure of a performance. She isn't menacing, nor does she create any sort of impact in this bad movie. You would expect an actor of her "supposed" caliber to raise above a bad script, but she falls flat. She makes Gal appear terrific. 

Just goes to show how arm twisting directors in India and controlling media perception can do wonders for someone like Alia. When she's left in an outside territory of spoon feeding, she's unbearable to watch.

0.5/5

0.25 for Gal and 0.25 for some of the scenery/shots that were pretty 

Most action-genres of this type, don't seem to require much dialogue. 

Moreover, Alia only had a supporting role in this movie as a 'hacker girl' ... 

a character meant to be stealthy, hidden and somewhat unknown. 

3.8/5

3.0 for scenery & action sequences 

0.8 for minimal dialogue required 

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

But I don’t have a high opinion of the her. So when someone brings her up I can’t reconcile it. Just like when these complaints crop up about reviews/critics and they’re fair/unfair/paid. If it took Alia coming into movies to show that the Bollywood critics are shady I wonder where you all been the dozen or so years before that. Same scenario w awards 

Yes I think Alia is pretty charismatic. Not the prettiest ( I don’t know if she would rank a top 5 for me) But I liked alot of her movies. An I always try to fight against that stigma that some of these other boys/girls that came after 2010 aren’t succeeding because of her . When a lot just aren’t good imho. A there isn’t a thimbles worth of evidence that would connect her success to their failings 

But again one of my favorite actors is Eddie Murphy so perhaps I’m in a different reality. 😆 I feel he should’ve gotten like 3 Oscar’s by now

What you're skirting is the fact ALIA AND HER COTERIE brought up Meryl Streep. Not her critics. So it's a fair weapon to bash her with.

You can like Alia. I can think she's average. 

It wasn't that I didn't know, or many others here didn't know critics are shady. But there's shady and there's OVERWHELMINGLY shady. The diff between what Alia is touted as in Bollywood and the rest of the world is huge enough to make it clear.

Anyway, as someone else said, we're just going around in circles. So ciao. I'll just enjoy watching the bad reviews for now. Yeah, I'm petty about someone I don't even know.😆

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Critique Crusaders

They should cast her as Spiderwoman, considering all the web of lies that surround her 

melody442 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Would really like source and explanation of this chart.As per the tweet, 93 written against Heart of stone is the no.of countries where it's trending at 1.Then by same logic, 73 is the no of countries where What men want is trending  at 1, Hidden strike is trending at 1 in 64 countries and so on. Just adding these 3 rows give number of countries as 230 and if we add all the rows, number of countries in world exceeds 400.How amazing 💖

Another measure of ridiculousness of this data is that Squid Game, the most popular Netflix franchise ever,was  declared a global hit when it trended at 1 in 80 countries for which it took around 2 weeks and it's success was being reported by all major media houses around the world. At the peak of its popularity, it was trending at 1 in 94 countries and that's the most amount of success a Netflix show has ever seen. 

But trust the power of Alia Bhatt's stardom to almost beat Squid Game in 2 days. Give it 2 more days, I am sure it would trend at 1 in 180 countries (or maybe even 400 countries, who knows) ☺️

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: melody442

Would really like source and explanation of this chart.As per the tweet, 93 written against Heart of stone is the no.of countries where it's trending at 1.Then by same logic, 73 is the no of countries where What men want is trending  at 1, Hidden strike is trending at 1 in 64 countries and so on. Just adding these 3 rows give number of countries as 230 and if we add all the rows, number of countries in world exceeds 400.How amazing 💖

Another measure of ridiculousness of this data is that Squid Game, the most popular Netflix franchise ever,was  declared a global hit when it trended at 1 in 80 countries for which it took around 2 weeks and it's success was being reported by all major media houses around the world. At the peak of its popularity, it was trending at 1 in 94 countries and that's the most amount of success a Netflix show has ever seen. 

But trust the power of Alia Bhatt's stardom to almost beat Squid Game in 2 days. Give it 2 more days, I am sure it would trend at 1 in 180 countries (or maybe even 400 countries, who knows) ☺️

California Christmas beat all these in 2020