I&B minister on boycott trend - Page 4

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

CuckooCutter7 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

Nm, look around the forum. Most BJP supporters here are trying to talk down Pathan. 😆

Actually saying idiotic things like How dare you talk bad about RAW?😆 As though they only employ saints. Or show a Pakistani being nice WHILE the ISI and the country itself is depicted as bad?

Where was this non nuanced support for agencies when Sushant fiasco was going on? Mumbai Police, CBI, Maharashtra government, AIIMS, the medical establishment... were all deemed corrupt by the right wing. 

Aryan Khan was apparently freed thanks to bribes.

Bear in mind these are real officials that were called corrupt or inefficient. Not fictional like those in Pathan.😆

This is an unabashedly patriotic film which simply doesn't paint the other side as 100% black. There have been other movies like this before which didn't cause these guys to get hot under the collar.

And it's not just this incident. The constant negativity shown him during the Aryan incident even after it became clear it was a trap should be enough. 

Yeah, there's animus there. Problem is unlike Sallu and Aamir, SRK hasn't given a single reason for BJP wallahs to get this angry with him. 

So natural conclusion is it's envy because he's a successful Muslim who's seen as very secular and is hugely popular. 🤷‍♀️

lol sorry to say but your entire thesis is wrong.😆 Simple living proof is Salman Khan who is both a successful Muslim and evokes no envy. If he has been in trouble occasionally, it is only because of his drunken people-mowing woman-beating behavior. Irfan Khan, Nawazuddin Siddiqui, AR Rehman are other examples of Muslims who were/ are well-liked. And they did not have to fly any kite with Modi to be very popular.

as an aside, note that if you wade into politics (like the padukone female did when she joined the protesters), you can be fair game for people who dont like your politics. You cant be both playing politics and then whining about the backlash from people opposed to your politics. I dont know if this necessarily applies to SRK but it does apply to some of the wokes in BW.

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: NimbuMirchi

This sums up what I want to say on whole Pathaan debacle. 

(As for movie, haven’t watched it so will refrain from commenting)

https://twitter.com/hardism/status/1618835607698149377?s=46&t=H7jV6JtL07LTnaRdPZ0ZoQ

1. Most people do go simply to watch an entertaining movie.

As an SRK fan, I can tell you it's a silly movie.😆 And I expected it to be, given the production house and the director and the ludicrous trailer.

The only thing going for the movie is SRK. Oh, sure... Deepika's bikini and twerking got the debate started, but people are mainly going to see SRK.

Problem is there's not enough diehard fans in the world to explain the numbers for this ridiculous movie. People are watching for some reason.  

As I said to Zeal, this one is benefiting from a perfect storm of factors.

1. SRK magic.

2. Peeps getting tired of negativity 

3. Peeps wanting mindless timepass 

4. Covid waning 

5. Much as some SRK fans would like to deny this, 😆 horny men wanting to watch Deepika in her bikini doing her version of dirty dancing. 

And yeah, the pushback against negativity features majorly into it.

2. However... that wasn't the original point. The negativity against SRK from BJP types just cannot be explained by anything other than envy. If you have an alternate explanation, I'm open to it.

I'm not an SRK fan because of his celebrity. He's an actor and entertainer. As a human, I think he's making an effort, which is more than I can say even for myself. So I'm a fan. 

I think we've interacted enough for you to know that I do harp on the fact the community as a whole seems determined to stay in Stone Age. (I have problems with my own religion also before anyone jumps down my throat). 

Well, SRK is the perfect example of what a modern Muslim man looks like. Educated, earning money, supporting himself and others, secular in private and public life, and religious at the same time. Patriotic to boot and global as well.

No one has to be a fan of anyone. But this amount of bitterness actively directed toward him for no reason at all? It's disheartening to think it might be based on religion alone. 

Signed, #sadhuman

Edited by HearMeRoar - 1 years ago
NimbuMirchi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

1. Most people do go simply to watch an entertaining movie.

As an SRK fan, I can tell you it's a silly movie.😆 And I expected it to be, given the production house and the director and the ludicrous trailer.

The only thing going for the movie is SRK. Oh, sure... Deepika's bikini and twerking got the debate started, but people are mainly going to see SRK.

Problem is there's not enough diehard fans in the world to explain the numbers for this ridiculous movie. People are watching for some reason.  

As I said to Zeal, this one is benefiting from a perfect storm of factors.

1. SRK magic.

2. Peeps getting tired of negativity 

3. Peeps wanting mindless timepass 

4. Covid waning 

5. Much as some SRK fans would like to deny this, 😆 horny men wanting to watch Deepika in her bikini doing her version of dirty dancing. 

And yeah, the pushback against negativity features majorly into it.

2. However... that wasn't the original point. The negativity against SRK from BJP types just cannot be explained by anything other than envy. If you have an alternate explanation, I'm open to it.

I'm not an SRK fan because of his celebrity. He's an actor and entertainer. As a human, I think he's making an effort, which is more than I can say even for myself. So I'm a fan. 

I think we've interacted enough for you to know that I do harp on the fact the community as a whole seems determined to stay in Stone Age. (I have problems with my own religion also before anyone jumps down my throat). 

Well, SRK is the perfect example of what a modern Muslim man looks like. Educated, earning money, supporting himself and others, secular in private and public life, and religious at the same time. Patriotic to boot and global as well.

No one has to be a fan of anyone. But this amount of bitterness actively directed toward him for no reason at all? It's disheartening to think it might be based on religion alone. 

Signed, #sadhuman

Honestly, I don’t have any theory. 

@bold — which is why he is hated by both Hindu and Muslim extremists. 

But I do agree with you. I feel at times, he sure is targeted unfairly. 

https://twitter.com/bhak_sala/status/1604139866799083520?s=46&t=bDGEiaTD-EP9-PnQWTK2_A

JustWandering thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Rosebudz

Shahrukh khan and a secular?

He produced  mein hu na for which which  his director Farah khan confessed herself that they made concious decision to not show a muslim guy as a terrorist ...instead they decoded to show an army guy as a terrorist.

He went on to make my name is khan in which he painted Muslims victims of racism and bigotry right after 9/11 when they crashed planes into twin towers 

In raees he glorified a convicted terrorist as a messiah for poor common men in order to whitewash his real life crimes

And now in pathan he goes after RAW in painting them negatively and ISI positively. By showing a patriotic RAW as a terrorist while a Muslim pathan as a sole savior being helped by none other than ISI  he has peaked heights of secularism.

It's actually sad the way he has turned out at the end ....just like amir khan... his bigoted mindset is pretty evident from the kind of propaganda he spreads against india and Indians and in favor of his community through his movies and interviews. 

He is right up there in the league of likes of amir khan ,naseeruddin shah, javed akhtar, shabana aazmi, mahesh bhatt  n el as far as secularism is concerned.

Shame he couldn't rise above religion and identity despite being hugely popular n successful. 

Like they say a Muslim will always be Muslim first.

1. SRK is a Muslim in Pathaan? Logon ne movie Dekhi he Nahin and making up stories… Pathaan is his agent name given to him by an Afghan family for saving them… there is no mention of his real name and religion in rest of movie.

2. Javed Akhtar is an atheist.

3. You didn’t need to make a whole new ID to say this? Asal ID say post Karne mein kya dikkat thee?

JustWandering thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Bohat he tang kiya inn fake Id walon neee…… 🎵 

subhs thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Rosebudz

Shahrukh khan and a secular?

He produced  mein hu na for which which  his director Farah khan confessed herself that they made concious decision to not show a muslim guy as a terrorist ...instead they decoded to show an army guy as a terrorist.

He went on to make my name is khan in which he painted Muslims victims of racism and bigotry right after 9/11 when they crashed planes into twin towers 

In raees he glorified a convicted terrorist as a messiah for poor common men in order to whitewash his real life crimes

And now in pathan he goes after RAW in painting them negatively and ISI positively. By showing a patriotic RAW as a terrorist while a Muslim pathan as a sole savior being helped by none other than ISI  he has peaked heights of secularism.

It's actually sad the way he has turned out at the end ....just like amir khan... his bigoted mindset is pretty evident from the kind of propaganda he spreads against india and Indians and in favor of his community through his movies and interviews. 

He is right up there in the league of likes of amir khan ,naseeruddin shah, javed akhtar, shabana aazmi, mahesh bhatt  n el as far as secularism is concerned.

Shame he couldn't rise above religion and identity despite being hugely popular n successful. 

Like they say a Muslim will always be Muslim first.

1.MHN main plot was something else. There's nothing wrong in MHN .By ur logic showing a muslim terrorist would have been justified  The hero of the movie was also a Hindu RAM.

2. So what? Innocent Muslims faced racism n bigotry after 9/11 .Just like Asians are facing post COVID . 

There are plenty of movies based on this. John Abraham 's Newyork is an example. But ur problem is he is khan .

3. Raees is like OUATIM but fictional. But OUTIM has hindu heroes so that's fine. The director himself said Raees is fictional.

4. The hero of the movie is a RAW. How did he paint them negativity.

What about Veer zaara? 

What about numerous hindu characters he played? It's just u can't see beyond hate

Edited by subhs - 1 years ago
K.Universe. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Edited out the post to simply say: if we are hypothesizing that "negativity was a major factor in the failure of most movies in the past couple of years", I don't see any data now which is statistically significant to conclude that the hypothesis has been rejected and that the trend has reversed. Please also bear in mind that the original "null hypothesis" itself was not exactly an accepted fact, that it was merely conjectured. In other words, we are trying to disprove something which was never proven in the first place.

Edited by K.Universe. - 1 years ago