snatch thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 1 years ago

martin mcdonaghs banshees of inisherin might win

Alpenliebe thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: semantic.error

Banshees is a very depressing movie. But yeah wonderful performances by all four main members. 

I like Tar but I would lose it if Cate Blanchett upsets Michelle Yeoh ๐Ÿ˜†

I think Blanchett is phenomenal as Lydia Tar but Michelle Yeoh is fantastic too as Evelyn. Both are strong contenders. And I think Yeoh has slight edge over Blanchett. Tar is my personal favourite though.

Waiting for Babylon, if Margot Robbie can upset. 

bollyqueen0 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

I've only watched  Everything, Everywhere all at Once and Top Gun. They were good but didn't hit the spot. I have a feeling The Banshees of Inisherin will because I watched In Bruges recently and it was great. 

Bleue thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Clochette

It is on Netflix but I still hesitate to watch it.

What was your impression, Bleue? (if you don't mind to tell...even as pm)

In my country, quite none of the movies has yet released (some will release in 2023 only). Two are on amazon Prime but stil as payed movie. The only other movie for free is the Woman King (did someone here watch it?).

So, although I would like to participate but with just Maverik already watched it's a bit 'meager' as personal movie-experience...

I am not huge fan of war movies because most are depressing and at times boring. But this one was an engaging watch. I haven't watched the original so won't be able to compare. What I liked about the film are the characters more then plot. How the young students are mislead by politicians to join the army and fight a war through propaganda and jingoism. The lead character acted so well, I was invested in his story and whether he survived or not. Also the horror and devastation of war very poignantly shown. Watch it u might like it ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Thanks Bleue for responding. I'm not a war-movies fan either but what you write, encourages me, to watch the movie. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Alpenliebe, I simmer with excitement to watch tรกr but I still have to wait more than 3 months...*sigh*. I could watch Everything...on payed Amazon Prime and also Elvis...I may even pay because I like Michelle Yeoh very much.

Alpenliebe thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Happened to watch Tar in Telluride film festival in September. Went for conference in Colorado school of medicine and went to Telluride. Ek teer se 2 sikar ๐Ÿ˜‚ Well I wasn't disappointed at all. Cate Blanchett never disappoints. Blanchett even won volpi cup at venice film fest.

I agree about Michelle Yeoh. She is a great performer.

The Woman King is rich in performance. How historically accurate I don't know, but entertainment value intact. Actions are bit shaky, but I enjoyed the way they portrayed the culture and rituals of Dahomey tribe. Viola Davis was great so is the supporting cast 

Edited by Alpenliebe - 1 years ago

meh what a lackluster year

Revathy12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 4

I hope elvis wins for best actor category!!!