Performance Discussion - Semi Finale (27 & 28 August) - Page 3

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

anoushka_113 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: PV_IFhandle

28 Aug 2022 Semi Final. 90s Special

Samaira. Thankfully no forced duet. Dil Hai Ke Manta Nahin. I would say better than her usual but still the nasal twang.

. Again, thankfully he got his own song and not a forced duet! Chori Chori Nazrein Mili, and Paas Woh Aane Lage Zara Zara. This performance showed how unfair the last several weeks have been to him, by forcing him to sing duets with Pratyush. He is quite talented and we can only wish him better opportunities in the future.

Pratyush. Jab Se Tumko Dekha Hai Sanam. Well, the contrast was quite evident. Now we are reminded how nasal his singing is when you listen to his voice alone. But well, he got DHD!

Chetanya. So no duet cover for him either. Zinda Hoon Toh Jee Lene Do, and Mera Chaand Mujhe Aaya Hai Nazar. Well, not bad but definitely not as technically sound as the 2nd song required.

Aryananda. Tere Dar Par Sanam, and Ghoonghat Ki Aad Se. Same old - less projection than required though technically sound.  

Rituraj. Tumhe Apna Banane Ki, Iss Tarah Aashiqui Ka and Yeh Kaali Kaali Aankhein. He was brilliant, as always! I genuinely hope he grows up to have a great voice, because technical excellence is already present. He got lot more footage than the previous folks - probably because even TCT realised that his performance was that much better.

Sayisha. Baazigar O Baazigar, and Dekha Hai Pehli Baar. Hers also deserved to be a longer performance. She was really good 

Pranjal. Ruth Ke Hamse Kahin. This was in his genre and comfort zone, but he really infused a lot of feeling into the singing. One of his personal bests for this season. DHD, deservedly so.

Faiz. Emotional moments - farewells... Sochenge Tumhe Pyaar, Ab Tere Bin and Ae Kaash Ke Hum. Really good. He has continued to shine throughout the season! After the promos I was looking forward to this 3rd song and he did not disappoint at all! Very well done. Alka Yagnik said what we have all been saying for a while - he deserves to win! DHD and deservedly so.

Mani. Teri Umeed Tera Intezaar, Ek Aisi Ladki Thi. Somehow I fail to connect with this style of singing. But apparently he is a Kohinoor as per Alka Yagnik.

Soyab. No idea why his was the only performance was relegated to after the captains' medley (part 1)! Aankh Hai Bhari Bhari, Tujhe Bhoolne Se Pehle. Soyab showing, just like Rohan, how these last several weeks have been unfair to him. His ability to be equally comfortable at high and low notes is a bit better than Mani's, I feel.

Captains' Group singing medley. They all sang well, so I guess it is a matter of who were your favourites. But in my view Arunita showed why she is likely to be the next big thing! Superlative! Incidentally, Arunita's watch showed 11:05 and even 11:25 - meaning it was probably 23:05 or 23:25, considering they would have shot the Govinda episode first! Ideally, this segment should have seen all the kids sing.

Frankly speaking, I would have liked to have heard more of the contestants' actual contest performances than these general medley!

Finalists. Mani. Pranjal. Aryananda. Rituraj. Faiz. Sayisha.

Honestly, I would have liked to see Soyab instead of Mani, and Rohan somewhere. But I am genuinely thankful that they did not exclude Faiz, Sayisha and Rituraj. 
They won’t have dared to play games with Faiz & Sayisha, but yes, I had this fear for Rituraj, esp going by their Sayli fixation. I thought he will be axed to pave way for either Samaria or Pratyush , esp after the freebie distribution of DHD to Pratyush of late. So , much relieved to see Rituraj as a finalist. πŸ‘

Once again we have a Captain without a team member in the final (Sayli) - but then she was dealt a bad hand in that her team members were at the bottom and probably the most protected just so that she can make it this far. But it is now Pawandeep's opportunity to be Franz Beckenbauer - win a World Cup as both player (captain in the case of Beckenbauer) and Coach. The winning captain will be Aru imo

Asides:

When Samaira was singing, 3 captains were busy cheering (a bit too much) while 2 were like those mischievous back benchers who exchange notes in class! Only that they seemed to be exchanging phones!  Haha… I spent some time figuring out what they were passing πŸ˜€

Alka Yagnik's comments for Chetanya and Aryananda were a polite way of telling them where they are going wrong.

Statistics 101. If you toss a coin, there is a 50:50 probability of getting Heads or a Tails, but if you randomly take samples of what's on screen during SS2 telecast, there is a more than 50% probability that you will see Sayli. And a non-zero probability that you will see Mr. and Mrs. Kamble! You would be excused if you thought SS2 stood for Superstar Sayli season 2! You nailed it! 🀣

Glances.... Exchanged smiles... Non verbal communication... Small talk... Unspoken messages by Alka Yagnik...  I thought the camera would pan PD when adi sang Ek ladki ko … anyways, at least they showed Aru instead of Sayli πŸ˜€

Edited by anoushka_113 - 1 years ago
PV_IFhandle thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: anoushka_113

The winning captain will be Aru imo

Haha… I spent some time figuring out what they were passing πŸ˜€

I thought the camera would pan PD when adi sang Ek ladki ko … anyways, at least they showed Aru instead of Sayli πŸ˜€

1 - yes, most likely.  But I was just saying he has the opportunity to achieve that

2 - I had to pause and rewind a couple of times too πŸ˜ƒ

3 - I had the same thought - that although Aditya has explicitly addressed Arunita, they might switch to Sayli Cam, but thankfully better sense prevailed πŸ˜ƒ

PV_IFhandle thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

1 - yes, most likely.  But I was just saying he has the opportunity to achieve that

2 - I had to pause and rewind a couple of times too πŸ˜ƒ

3 - I had the same thought - that although Aditya has explicitly addressed Arunita, they might switch to Sayli Cam, but thankfully better sense prevailed πŸ˜ƒ

But well, if we go by what we are reading in the other thread, that honour of emulating Franz Beckenbauer will go to Salman, not Pawandeep.

anoushka_113 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

But well, if we go by what we are reading in the other thread, that honour of emulating Franz Beckenbauer will go to Salman, not Pawandeep.

Are they trying to recreate  the Sunny Hindustani  story?? 😑

But Faiz is v strong - so I doubt. 
It should be Faiz with runners-up as sayisha & Rituraj.  

mushat thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail + 4

Just saw a photo on IG 

Faiz is receiving 15 lakh check.

Can someone confirm it is true or not?

Finale ka shoot ho gaya kya?

mushat thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail + 4

I would be really happy is Faiz wins the show. He truly deserve it.

Would be thrilled if Rituraj and sayisha are runners up.

πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

Edited by mushat - 1 years ago