Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

D_ancing_fox thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: Quant

He did say "If". It is clear in the longer clip of the interview. Hats off to whoever took the final decision to go through with the divorce. If happiness cannot be found together, why live in misery or bring an innocent into a relationship that isn't working for one or both parties?!

Exactly!! Whether or not he said if.. I am glad that they made this decision. Both of them are seemingly happy and enjoying their freedom. I don't think as Akkineni DIL Samantha would allow to do a song like Oo Antava. Waiting to see more such special songs from her. 

Quant thumbnail

Originally posted by: D_ancing_fox

Exactly!! Whether or not he said if.. I am glad that they made this decision. Both of them are seemingly happy and enjoying their freedom. I don't think as Akkineni DIL Samantha would allow to do a song like Oo Antava. Waiting to see more such special songs from her. 

Truly, marriage just delayed the inevitable: Sam's rise to the heights of exhibitionism. Are there really progressive families who think that Sam doing whatever she did on Allu Arjun's thigh is an act worthy of emulation? Claiming feminism for oneself is not a free-pass for unaccountability and a laissez-faire attitude. Nor will "reverse" sexism make a society healthier.

So, in the item song, Sam's participation is "vindicated" because it is social commentary. However in the actors' round table with FC (and elsewhere), she and some of her fellow actors claimed impunity for themselves in what they portray: "acting for acting's sake".

When they receive acclaim: "It is a cause/subject close to my heart and I felt such an important story needed to be told."

When they receive criticism: "I'm only an actor...I do what my director tells me to ...Other actors are doing it too, so I thought it's ok."

The hypocrisy is not completely lost on the public.

Edited by Quant - 2 years ago
Quant thumbnail

Repost

Edited by Quant - 2 years ago
TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

A real class act, isn't she...

Eydis thumbnail