sehreemstory thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 2 years ago

The whole Rane mansion was decorated like a newly wed bride. The happiness and joy of the festival of lights was contagious, and it spread around the house as Diyas, fairy lights, candles and so much more but there was one person in the house whose smiles were fake, her happiness was made up and even the glow of Diwali couldn't mask the sadness and exhaustion on her face. It was her second Diwali in the house, she had been the daughter in law of the house for more than two year and everything was still the same. Her husband didn't even bother to look at her now, unlike initial days when he would at least annoy her. He would just look at her with a strange look in his eyes which now she was sure was hatred. If she even dared to ask him anything he would blow a fuse and create a scene in front of everyone. "Taayi , I am hungry, can I take a Laddoo from there", Aruhi seven years old daughter of Pallavi said to her. She was her only reason to live these days. She was the only one in the house who didn't pity or hate or mock her, she  just loved her for who she was and that somehow gave her strength but soon she would be deprived of this as well. His daadi (Aao Saheb), had decided that Pallavi and her family need to move to the USA with Aruhi. She made all sorts of excuses like they need a better standard of living, that schools here weren't good enough, even that Malhar's hate wouldn't let him have a normal life, but she knew why she was doing it. She had heard her telling Aao Saheb on the phone that she didn't want her Grandchildren anywhere near a "Baanjh". She wasn't shocked really. She knew. She has often said that to her face when no one was around. Even though this hurts her but she would never say anything to her. What could she even say? That she wasn't infertile? That her husband of more than 2 years won't even touch her? That she was a 23 year old married virgin? No,that'll just make things harder for her. So she kept mum. Like she had been for all these years, like she had kept mum when Malhar had told her that Sampada ran with Atharva because of her help, like when he told her that he wants revenge that's why he married her and she will have to stay in the house until he take revenge , when he would come home drunk and then throw her out of the room saying she didn't deserve to be there, she just kept mum, all these years of silence was finally getting onto her, she had started to look and feel exhausted all the damn time. She had given up on her life and now all she did was fulfil her responsibilities of being the daughter in law of the house. She had stayed in the house despite everything, the taunts, the hates all for her love for  but now it all seemed pointless. Then, she thought that her love will be enough for both of them but now she realised that it is not and it never will be, she could feel her heart bleeding every second of every day and there was not a thing she could do to fix it. She was so helpless and vulnerable.

Swara came down to see Kalyani talking to the Aruhi, she was just about to give her a Laddoo when her grandmother, came and took her away saying too much sweet isn't good for her. Of all the people in the house Swara (elder sister of Malhar) was the only one who truly understood what she was going through and she felt guilty of destroying an angel's life. Only if she had known earlier,she never would have allowed for the alliance. She could not believe that her own brother had teared her apart. Malhar didn't know that she knew the truth about their relationship and that hurt her all the more. Her Malhar was lying to her for the past two years and there was not a damn thing he could do about it other than lending Pragya a shoulder to cry on. There were days when she would come to her room, put her head in her lap and cry for hours and she would just pat her head until she fell asleep. The sheer helplessness that she felt on such days was eating her from inside. She wanted to talk to Malhar, reprimand him but Kalyani had made her swear on her not to ever tell Malhar anything. She would just stand there and look at her getting more and more vulnerable day by day. Kalyani just wouldn't leave, no matter how much she forced her to, she'd say that she had nowhere to go, that she wanted to be able to cry her heart out and the only place she could do that was her lap, no other place was left for her. Nobody would want her now except for her and that she didn't want to burden anyone now. She just sighed looking at her saddened state and left.

Kalyani saw Malhar come into the house with gifts for everyone and just looked away. For some reason she couldn't ever bear to look at him today, she felt too raw, as if all wounds, old and new had opened up and she didn't know if she'd be able to take another one so she had been avoiding him all week long. She'd even moved out of his room last week so she could have some peace. She was tired and  any more cruel or even stares would break her and she just might fall to his feet beg him to give her whatever leftovers of his love for Sampada and she would live a lifetime in that. Malhar looked at her turning away from him and felt another part of his existence turn dark. He just couldn't bear anymore of her pain now. He knew marriage to him had only brought her pain and agony but he wanted to give her all the happiness in the world now. He had avoided her for so long thinking that she might leave, that she will go back to her family and lead a life free of the pain but she didn't. Initially, after he found out that Kalyani hadn't helped Sampada to ran away. He was ashamed of himself. Here she was, fulfilling her responsibilities of being his wife like she was made for it and he was talking Revenge from her. He married her to destroy her life? What was wrong with him? He'd decided that he would divorce her. She didn't deserve this. But when he found out that Swara could be in koma if Kalyani left her so he decided that he would ask Kalyani to stay. He knew it was selfish but he couldn't let her go then. He needed some moral support so he decided he will ask her to stay until he decides what happens next but gradually he became used to having her around so he never told her what he felt for her. But then things started getting out of hand. People were continuously questioning him and Kalyani regarding kids and he flipped. He'd just lost one baby and having another one now would be out of question. So he did what he thought was best, hide. He stopped going to family gatherings or functions. He worked day and night and before he knew it, they were already married for 2 years. He started wondering what was going on. He saw that Kalyani had also stopped going out. She wasn't even meeting her mother. She just stayed in the room and look out the window for hours. He was getting scared for her. She had this glassy look in her eyes like she was dead inside and that was when he started noticing that she looked like hell. He decided that he needed to make her come out of it so he started bickering with her but it didn't have the effect he wanted. He was the only one fighting. She would just cover away and this wasn't right. Then he thought maybe he should take things up a notch and he started to yell and scream in order to get a reaction out of her. But the result was the same. This continued for a few days until she completely moved out. He panicked. He knew that the step he took was wrong.he just had to talk to her and things would've been sorted. Why did he have to be so stupid? Things were starting to get out of hand now. He had to come clean. It was now or never for him. He had seen Aao Saheb take Aruhi away from Kalyani and felt a pinch. During the one week she had stayed away from him he had talked to Sarthak, and Anupriya and actually got to know what was going on. He had no idea that his irresponsible and selfish behaviour had caused her so much pain. He'd seen her with the kids in the house, she was a natural with them, and kids take a liking to her immediately and she was being kept away from them because he refused to touch her? How was he supposed to fix that?

He went outside to bring gifts for everyone. He bought a beautiful red saree and a lot of jewellery for Kalyani. He knew Kalyani wasn't into these things but he had to start somewhere. He looked up to her again and saw her go upstairs. He face fell, she wasn't gonna forgive him easily, he knew that but what he didn't know was that she wasn't even going to let him ask for forgiveness.

Aruhi was playing near the store room when she saw some men take boxes of firecrackers into the room. She had seen Goda and Nal play with them last year and it was fun but Maa and Daadi would not let her near them. She thought she could sneak a few out and nobody will know. She entered the darkened room and saw the workers move the boxes around. She silently goes around them and takes a handful of firecrackers and went out in the backyard. She saw her dad talking to some men in the backyard and decided to go to the other side of the backyard. If her father found out she wouldn't even allow her to come out during the actual celebrations, so she moved to a secluded corner of the backyard where there were several Gazeboes that were covered by curtains on all sides and had mattresses laid out with cushions and silk sheets. She  went to sit on one of the mattresses and started to light up the crackers, only lighting them up one by one wasn't fun anymore. So she went back to the store room and bought the smallest box lying there. It was full of crackers and she thought if she lit up the whole thing it would be so much fun. She lit up a few matches and threw them inside the box. The entire box caught fire and then things started turning ugly. A few rockets and other firecrackers started flying out. One of them hit a curtain and it caught fire, slowly the entire gazebo started to catch fire, the curtains, the mattresses, cushions, even the poles. Aaruhi started to look around and started to scream and cry. Then she saw her Taayi run upto her and she started to run to get to her. 

Kalyani was just standing there in the balcony looking at the sky when she noticed a small figure holding a box in his hand running into one of the Gazeboes. She figured Aruhi was upto something and thought she better go there lest she had some prank in her mind. She started to walk away and she saw Sarthak coming into the house, she asked him if he knew what Aruhi was upto. He shook his head and told her that he will come with her to find out, just then someone called out to him and he said he'll be there in a minute while Kalyani nodded quickly and turned to the Gazebo. She was walking and the next thing she saw was the Gazebo catching fire. She ran as fast as her legs would carry and saw Aruhi crying. She looked petrified and Kalyani panicked. She didn't think twice before jumping into the fire. She picked up Aruhi and held her close while the little girl cried her heart out. She looked up to see Sarthak and Swara run up to them and she passed Aruhi to him. Sarthak put her into Swara's hands and then Sarthak put his hand out for Kalyani. She held her hand out and was about to put it into Sarthak's when she heard Malhar's's voice calling her.

Malhar heard about a fire outside the house and ran to check what was going on. He saw Kalyani standing in the Gazebo and instinctively called up to her. 

Something snapped inside her the moment she heard his voice. She suddenly remembered everything she went through during all these years and then slowly pulled her hand back. Suddenly, she didn't want to live anymore. Who cares anyway? She thought. She would be out of everyone's life and they all can have whatever peace they want. She started taking small steps back and stood in the centre of the fired up Gazebo ignoring the panicked calls of everyone including Malhar She saw Malhar look horrified and thought, what was he scared for?

Malhar saw her take her hand back and move further into the fire. "Kalyan! What is wrong with you? Come here and give me your hand, now." He yelled and she finally looked at him but the look in her eyes caught him off guard. It was as if she'd given up already, as if she didn't want to be saved. No, he could not let that happen.. What would he do without her? No.. He was gonna get her out anyhow. "Kalyani, please just come here and give me your hand. Don't do this to me.." He pleaded to her. She looked at him with narrowed eyes and gave a sarcastic chuckle before saying, " You can stop the act now Malhar Rane. I am leaving, forever and nothing is going to change my mind about this." "No.. No, you can't do that. Listen, I know I have been unfair to you but I want to change. I want us to change, please Kalyani give me a chance." Kalyani looked at him incredulously and said, "No. I have nothing for you anymore. Not even a chance. Please just let me die. It is the only thing I am asking from you. I haven't asked you for anything ever but please don't stop me from doing this. I need to go. I don't have anyone to live for anyway." "You have me. Live for me. I know you love me, I have for a long time. I know I am late but please, just one last try. I promise I will be better. I will be the husband you deserve please. Just one last chance, I promise you won't regret it." "You know you shouldn't lie to a dying person. Don't make promises you can't keep. And regret, I regret everything , I regret falling into my mother's whims and marrying you, I regret not telling you that I was never the girl Who helped sampada and Atharva  I regret of letting Aao Saheb torture me but most of all I regret falling in love with a disgusting man like you and no matter what happens next I don't want to be with you anymore." "No Kalyani listen, I know you don't believe me but just please. All I am asking for is a chance, please." "Go away and let me DIE" Kalyani yelled on top of her lungs and then suddenly everything went black. She faintly heard Malhar calling her name.

She woke up to see that she was in her room on the bed with Malhar lying next to her. He was holding her hand and sleeping. Looking at him she remembered what had happened before she fainted. She felt angry and snatched her hand away. Malhar woke up with a start and looked at her. She could actually feel his relief. Malhar hugged her tight and held her as if making sure she was real. He pulled away only to rain kisses all over her face. He then pulled her back into his arms and that was when she noticed that he was shirtless and there was a bandage across his waist. She pulled away and looked at the bandage and then up at him. He looked down and then said, "I got it when I was taking you out of the fire last night. You fainted and a pole was about to fall on you, I couldn't think of anything so I just jumped in and it fell on me." "Why?" "Why? Because I couldn't let it fall on you. You could have gotten hurt." "But why do you care? You never did so why now?" "I always did Kalyani, always. I know I've been wrong, very wrong but I want to fix it Kalyani, please, just give me a chance.. I'll die if you d.. " Kalyani put her fingers on his lips to stop him. He smiled sadly and held her hand before kissing it, so tenderly that she thought maybe she just imagined that. He held her hand and said, "I know nothing I say or do can make up for what you went through all these years but I can make sure that our future will be beautiful. I will make sure you get all the happiness you deserve. Please just one chance." She just nodded her head, " I will. But just don't break my heart again. I won't be able to bear it." "How can I break your heart when I know mine will stop beating the moment yours breaks. I know I should've said this long ago but better late than never." She looked at him confused. He cupped her cheek with his hand and looked into her eyes before saying, "Kalyani Rane I love you. I've been in love with you for a very,very long time now and there is nothing I want but to make you happy. To see you smile, to love you till the ends of time and I will because there is nothing my heart wants more than to be yours." Kalyani looked up at him shocked. She looked into his eyes to see honesty and she did, she saw honesty, earnestness and above all she saw the love in his eyes that she had been carrying around in her heart all these years. "I love you too." She said and a tear rolled down her face. He kissed the tear away and when he looked at him shocked he couldn't help noticing her parted lips. He looked at her lips and then into her eyes to see if she was reluctant, she just closed her eyes and tilted her head up. He bent down and kissed her. Her breath hitched. She didn't realize she was missed this. A feeling that she'd never felt but she did because when his lips touched hers she felt complete. She closed her eyes and let him kiss her. They parted and she looked at him and blushed. He kissed her forehead and took her into his arms and lying down. It had been a long way and they definitely needed to talk but he knew she was tired so was he, talking could wait.

After an year and a half Kalyani gave birth to a beautiful baby boy who they named Moksh, for the light that Diwali brought into their lives. Malhar was in awe of his baby boy. He was the most perfect little thing and he couldn't ask for more. He bent down and kissed Kalyani on her forehead and thanked her. Kalyani looked at him and her baby boy in her arms and thought that her life just couldn't get any better.

I hope you guys will like it 

Written by my friend anuskha.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Phlo004 thumbnail

Awww it's beautiful anushka I don't know about you but your writing skills just amazed bravoo girl !!! Awesome ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž pls keep posting something like this I loved ๐Ÿ’“๐Ÿ’“ it ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•โฃ๏ธ....thank you so much arwu for posting this story ๐Ÿ˜Šโ˜บ๏ธ๐Ÿ˜Šโ˜บ๏ธ you have really made my day ...๐Ÿค—

From starting how Malhar is behaving with kalyani and how no one wants to see her face it's just broke my heart for that poor girl ๐Ÿฅบ๐Ÿฅบbut how is the story progressed and how Malhar found about her innocence and how he is regretting for that is awesome their emotions their frustation care are all very well express..๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ I hate Malhar first seeing how he didn't stop anyone to taunt kalyani for her infertility ...it's a natural thing she doesn't have any fault if it's true also I don't know why people blame women for this it's not their fault and here to its completely Malhar fault who misinterpreted the situation and let kalyani face all the burns of his mistakes and dooings ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Like swara attitude for her who is the only support system for her in that house and how little aruhi is a happiness reason of her loved how in further story Malhar realised his mistake and tries to apologise for his mistakes...love kalyani outbrust in that fire place and Malhar's also but not listening her he just saved her and they both confesses their love finally ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿค—

Aww kalyani give birth to a baby moksh and Malhar is awing on his son awww my baby ...it's a true happy diwali for them ...๐Ÿค—

Happy ending ๐Ÿ˜ณ 

Thanks for this one anushka for writing and Arwa for posting pls keep posting something like this on our beloved kalma we are really in need of reading this masterpiece thank you ....๐Ÿค—

sehreemstory thumbnail

And your comment make my day vanshu yes anuskha is really a good writer and she is writing story on instagram even i liked the story thank you so much for this lovely commentโคโค

Kalma92 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

This is not fair that... matlab two years of hell for Kalyani, air phir se Mj ko jhat se maaf kardiya? I wanted to see her give him a good healthcare dose of his own bitter medicine and see how he likes it.

Kalma's relationship's dynamics have always had this imbalance.

rekha_crm thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

First of all thank you for sharing this OS with us. 

Anushka is a wonderful writer.. 

I could feel Kalyani's pain. 

Two years she carried pain in her heart.. ๐Ÿ˜ญSwara, a source of comfort for her.. 

Bring called infertile for no fault of hers was so heartbreaking. ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Malhar pe gussa aaya.. 

But he had realised only didn't know how to communicate his feelings and pushed her away more.. 

Poor Kalyani had reached the end of her patience and just didn't want to live anymore.. ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Finally, they realised and confessed their Love for each other.. 

She gave birth to our Pillu... Moksh Rane.. Aww.. Finally they became a family.. 

โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ

PRAKRITI_12 thumbnail
Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

OMG anushka.... You did such a wonderful job...... ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ 

Totally loved your writing...... And thank you to you too arwu fpr posting this such amazing OS......๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ 

AS ke taunts to kalyani...... This was not the gesture which she was intorduced to.....โ˜น๏ธ 

Two years of extreme pain๐Ÿ˜ž๐Ÿ˜ž๐Ÿ˜ž๐Ÿ˜ž 

Swara being her support system and wanted to confront her dada๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€ but kalyani stopped her and just want to lay down her head on her lapโค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ 

Kallu saved aruhi but didn't want to and didn't want anyone to save her.....๐Ÿ˜ž๐Ÿ˜ž 

Outburst of both during the igniting fire......๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป 

Confrontation ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป atleast they poured out their feelings 

Kalyani still angry after gaining consciousness ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Malhar got injured bit after so much of insult she confesses love to himโค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ 

And finally happy rane family 

Baby moksh๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜

HalderDIYA0 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Anuu!!!! what have you written !!! this is so emotional I was crying while reading every emotions are perfectly described this is so awesome !!!!โค๏ธ

Do write more ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

GAYATHRINAYAR thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail

Such a beautiful os yaar 

A portrait of kalma and their beautiful love story I would say 

Every moments and babies thoughts were captured well 

How the hatred changed to love 

How kallu gave up and wanted to die but he wouldn't not let her go away like that 

And not to forget baby moksh who made their life more beautiful

Thanks yaar for such a superb update 

Our forum is blessed with great talents 

Keep writing and keep our forum alive ๐Ÿค—โค๏ธ

Priyapriyu thumbnail
Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail

This so so so so awesomeโ€ฆ.

She is a brilliant writerโ€ฆthe way she described emotions is so beautifulโ€ฆ

Ask her to write more on kalmaโ€ฆ.

Itโ€™s a requestโ€ฆ

Thanks arwa for sharing itโ€ฆ

Just loved it yaar โค๏ธ

Jara567 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

The emotions expressed from the beginning to the bottom is at it's best. Being a regular reader, there are a few stories that make me cry and this one literally did. I could feel how painful it would be for Kalyani to live a life where her own people only wanted to break her apart. Kalyani's trauma, Malhar's dilemma, Swara's emotions everything was literally felt. And the last part was so beautiful and pure. How beautifully the demon and hesitation inside Malhar left his soul and all that was left was his love for Kalyani.

Overall a Beautifully written and explained storyโค Proud of you Anushka๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’™ You rock in every sector meri dosttt๐Ÿ’‹โคโคโค