Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nandini_goyal thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: bashful_moon

As much as I sympathize with Shweta for having gone through all the physical and mental abuses in the hands of men, precisely, her two husbands, I find it little difficult to believe that she was not aware about her second husband's pervertedness or that she never recognized his bad intentions towards her daughter. 

Woman/motherly instincts are very strong. In case the allegations she has lebelled on Abhinav Kohli are true, then I shudder to imagine what her daughter might have endured in the hands of that man whenever Shweta had to leave her daughter in his tutelage for longer period due to work commitments.

yes, I hope that her daughter recovers from the trauma real soon or maybe she has.

Nandini_goyal thumbnail

The fact that Shweta's first husband has now come out and given a statement in her favour. I don't understand if he has done it out of the goodness of his heart and he really believes it to be true or he wants the limelight back. 

beena_jon thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Monstuholic

The fact that Shweta's first husband has now come out and given a statement in her favour. I don't understand if he has done it out of the goodness of his heart and he really believes it to be true or he wants the limelight back. 

jumped on the chance to make himself relevant,,, Raja chaudhary is a rogue. 

bashful_moon thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

yes, I hope that her daughter recovers from the trauma real soon or maybe she has.

Yeah I hope so too..

@ Bold : I wish that has happened but it is difficult to recover from any kind of abuse (physical, mental, emotional, sexual). It is difficult for adults, it is even more difficult for children and adolescent in an impressionable age. I requires a lot of support and encouragement from a lot of people. In case the trauma is deep, it even needs medical and psychological support..

I had an opportunity of working for abused children and women as a part of my sociology curriculum and believe me, it is not at all easy for these victims. Even if they recover, the chances of relapse are equally high and imagine the plight of having to live with an inability to trust anyone your whole life. The scar is always there, the fear never goes. It is even worse if the perpetrators are someone from one's close circle or the one the victim had trust on. 

It is gut-wrenching. 

Edited by bashful_moon - 2 years ago
Nandini_goyal thumbnail

Originally posted by: beena_jon

jumped on the chance to make himself relevant,,, Raja chaudhary is a rogue. 

yup, may be

Nandini_goyal thumbnail

Yeah I hope so too..

@ Bold : I wish that has happened but it is difficult to recover from any kind of abuse (physical, mental, emotional, sexual). It is difficult for adults, it is even more difficult for children and adolescent in an impressionable age. I requires a lot of support and encouragement from a lot of people. In case the trauma is deep, it even needs medical and psychological support..

I had an opportunity of working for abused children and women as a part of my sociology curriculum and believe me, it is not at all easy for these victims. Even if they recover, the chances of relapse are equally high and imagine the plight of having to live with an inability to trust anyone your whole life. The scar is always there, the fear never goes. It is even worse if the perpetrators are someone from one's close circle or the one the victim had trust on. 

It is gut-wrenching. 

Since you work with people who have gone through such traumatising situations in life, how long would you say it takes generally for a person to take counselling and get back to seemingly normal life? 

bashful_moon thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Since you work with people who have gone through such traumatising situations in life, how long would you say it takes generally for a person to take counselling and get back to seemingly normal life? 

Ermm.. Probably I am not the right person to answer that question.

As I had said before, I had the opportunity of working for such children as a part of my sociology curriculum. The work spanned for 13 weeks. As student volunteers, our duty was to listen to them as friends who they could open up to. I am not a counsellor.

Whatever brief period I got to work for them was the most painful yet the most rewarding period of my life. From whatever little I have seen, getting back to normal life after being subject to the most inhuman atrocities depends upon various factors. Family support, good medical treatment, positive attitude, society and community support play the most important roles in recovery. A victim's will to survive, hence, fight the battle, however, is the most crucial factor determining the magnitude and pace of recovery..

There was this girl who was sold by a human trafficker (who in turn was sold to the trafficker by her own uncle) to a brothel at the age of 10. She was pregnant at the time she was rescued  at the age of 15. She was doing well with all the counseling and support but when her family refused to take her back, she fell back into the pit and never recovered. She committed suicide later on. Again there was an 8 year old boy who was exploited by his own grandfather. The boy refused to go back to the family. Then there was a rape victim who had a very supportive family but the society was cruel. She told me once that the trauma of secondary victimization was much painful than the trauma of getting molested. Her family decided to change place and now she is doing well for herself. There are so many such incidents to narrate but I'd stop for now.

So, my experience says counselling does just as much. Family support is the factor that determines the extent and pace of attaining normalcy after any trauma, second to the victim's willpower to recuperate.

Edited by bashful_moon - 2 years ago
Nandini_goyal thumbnail

Ermm.. Probably I am not the right person to answer that question.

As I had said before, I had the opportunity of working for such children as a part of my sociology curriculum. The work spanned for 13 weeks. Besides, as student volunteers, our duty was to listen to them as friends who they could open up to. I am not a counsellor either.

But from whatever brief period I got to work for them, that was the most painful yet the most rewarding period of my life. From whatever little I have seen, getting back to normal life after being subject to the most inhuman atrocities depends upon various factors and differs from person to person. Family support, good medical treatment, positive attitude, society and community support play the most important roles in recovery. A victim's will to survive, hence, fight the battle is again the most crucial factor determining the magnitude and pace of recovery..

There was this girl who was sold by a human trafficker (who in turn was sold to trafficker by her own uncle) to a brothel at the age of 10. She was pregnant at the time she was rescued  at the age of 15. She was doing well with all the counseling and support but when family refused to take her back she fell back into the pit and never recovered. She committed suicide later on. Again there was a 8 year old boy who was exploited by his own grandfather. The boy refused to go back to the family. Then there was a rape victim who had a very supportive family but the society was cruel. She told me once that the trauma of secondary victimization was much painful than the trauma of getting molested. Her family decided to change place and now she is doing well for herself. There are so many such incidents to narrate.

So my experience says counselling does just as much. Family support is the factor that determines the normalcy after any trauma second to the victim's willpower.

May God give them the will power to survive it all and find happiness in life.