Piracy Murdabad!

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Before anything, meri galti thi ki I didn't copyright my work using IF's No Copy tag, but seeing Tiara's copyrighted SS be ripped off, I know even that would have been useless.

I honestly had assumed that no one would copy my work, and you all know my latest OS is just some weeks old, yet it has been ripped off to another site.

Now, I had given permission to some user in Dec 2019-Feb 2020, and I can't find the IF handle of that particular person nor can I find the pm that she had sent me ( I think it was a female) But then ,s eh didnt specify what works she wanted to copy and everything I have written post RuRa OS was way off limites, i feel.

I rejoined IF after about 3 years so had no idea of FF section of the forum and got to know about it way too late, but no one used it on this forum, so I continued writing on Beyhad 2 forum instead.

P.S. The ones of the RHS arent mine.

I am seriously upset, one, because the person who copied has very poor taste (how did they even assume they would get hits copying my work, lol) but most importantly because my SS is copied. It was my baby, it gave me a footing here, it was one of my works that I can never move on from, because I learnt about mental health because of that SS, I had studied a bit about anxiety attacks and self harm just to write some scenes for it. You followed my work so religiously that you read about 8 chapters in a go or in every 7 days, but bhai, ek pm nahi type hua tumse? Itna kya laziness yaar? 

My hello kitty was written in a brash attempt to deal with my lack of funny thoughts, because if m nt snappy or joking around, people around me start feeling m not doing well, and the lock down was getting to me, so I was trying to channel my humour and failed miserably. You copied my short notes, matlab kya? chal kya raha hai boss!

The third work was actually written for Kartik Aman and I felt it works for MayRa too so posted it here. 

Love portion was just for fun, but then, if someone asks me what ingredients J.K. Rowling said went into the love portion, I could name it, because I read Harry potter and then went on to write the OS.

You even copied my RuRa OS! That OS was something I sat through the night to write, because hello, everyone knows here if there is anything I ship, its Rudra, but at least you aren't homophobic, so congrats on that!

The reason I am justifying my every work is because every time I get an idea, I don't just rashly write, it takes a bit of me, from planning the universe, to making sure the flow isnt broken, everything. I use grammar checkers to make sure my work is readable, because that's how much I am invested in it.

I am not here to gain sympathy or cry about it, m just here to call out on people's bullshit! You earn from the clicks, congratulations, but it was my work, the 10 people who read it under my name know it was mine, you credited it with my name, thanks for that, now will you transfer in the cash you made from the clicks? No! I would have happily given you the permission to use it had you asked, woh bhi free of cost, because that's how much of an idiot I am, but puch lo! I am more impressed by how much you spent time in those banners and everything, you had the grace of adding my name, but not enough grace to ASK me? 

You have a blog dude, making an IF account would have been so easier.

If you are the person who had texted me that time and asked for permission, I am ok with it, say it was you and I am putting this down, but if you aren't going to step up and own your piracy, this stays on.

Tiara had her work copied recently, and so did Tia, who isn't even around here anymore or aware, I assume of how many blogs ripped off her OSes and it saddens me because they are such beautiful writers and just saying their names isn't the credit they are due. Writing steamy scenes takes up a lot and writing a thriller too, so they had the right to be aware of who is using their works, and Miss T had copyrighted her work! How much desperate are you to copy off everything, copy the color, format of the text? Jesus! Give me a break!

Deba got her VM copied! Seriously! VM, that reuqires tones of work, you have to sit on your ass for so long and work on it! Paagal che ke? And no, I am not saying the person who copied my works copied from Miss T and Deba, infact two different people copied my OS's and SS separately, m just pointing put to the random nonsense going out there!

So yeah, that's me, I write shit work, agreed, but still, ITS MINE, you aren't allowed to use it unless I tell you that you can! And the sites you post to are more fu*kall, they won't even let me report you copycat face.

That's all I had to say, judge me with all you got, but don't copy me! 

Its my sincere request to the fanfiction writers to add no_copy tag to your posts, you dont want a third of your works on some random site, not a good feeling!

Thanks a lot my gone girls for being there, I was raving about it the whole night and you guys were there for me!πŸ€—

Edited by _._shibani_._ - 3 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DreamOfEndless thumbnail

A much needed post Shibz. πŸ€—❀️

When someone writes a fanfic or makes a vm, she or he puts a part of their soul too in it along with love for the show. The plagiarist just copied my work without my knowledge, and I also feel there isn't just one person behind this because there are numerous such blogs. Of course they must be getting some advantage by doing so. This is happening with a lot of writers among us. πŸ˜”   Aur stories se mann nahi bhara to vm bhi

My sincere request to all writers who want to protect their work, please use [ NO COPY ] (without spaces) and/or [ MEMBERS ONLY ] in your post. πŸ™

(Yeah, I had also used 'No Copy', dunno how he/she could still steal it. But only one chapter was stolen, rest of my work are safe afaik)

Thank you Shibz for being such a wonderful person and writer πŸ€—

Edited by tournesol - 3 years ago
Shruthi18 thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail

Very well said and a much needed post.πŸ‘πŸΌ

I really hope the copyright infringement would get strict law. This is very disheartening for genuine creative ppl here and definitely unfair.

Hope the officials could also discuss how infringement could be curbed from IF.

However I sincerely hope this would not stop all the wonderful writer from putting forth their price of art out here.

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

Rudra-Rajeev

They are nt canon or anything, but Rajeev has a crush on RudraπŸ˜†