Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ithihaas thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: Zana10

I didn't bother even visiting the theatre for Dilwale.  I knew it was a disaster in the making when I viewed the trailer. Managed to catch it on TV but fell asleep in the middle.  It's the only movie of that jodi that I have not watched multiple times.  Was soooooo angry with Rohit!! The movie was poor but it was also sad to see how far Kajol had 'whitened'. Its been blatantly obvious that she has been using skin whitening treatments for sometime now but this movie was another level of fairness.  Really disappointed to see another actress succumbing to the ridiculous notion of fair skin being better. Seen so many Bollywood actresses and tv actresses fall to this. Wish they understood dark skin is also beautiful and it also sends an awful message to young girls. Another reason for truly hating this movie. 

The writing had clearly declined but I fail to understand how he didn't see it. If you look at his taste in movies and books is quite good. I feel he was living in a bubble and really did fail to understand how appalling the writing was.  Maybe he was only reading comments from his obsessed fans. These crazy fans really do a disservice to the actor when they are blind to their faults, in particular their acting which is their bread and butter. Ironically something very similar happening in another fandom. Karma really isn't kind to anyone.  

He should however have acknowledged the failure of DIB and not lumped it with IB. I  hope he does acknowledge this in the future although I'm not holding my breath on this one. On the other hand I understand if he doesn't because the vultures will just  smell blood and aim for his jugular!! Hoping he comes back in a negative avatar.  A complete baddie with layers would be ideal. He would do full justice to the role. 

Apparently FK is announcing the movie on diwali so hopefully we should know very soon. I seem to be inept in working out the time difference (hoping I'm not too early) but Wishing you and your family a very happy and prosperous diwali. 

Wishing you a very happy Diwali Zana !

@bold...I believe he did it personally or I atleast would like to hope so...like his own introspection about the failure of DIB and what went wrong..he is a person who does dwell on lot of things happening with him and also in and around him....when ever ppl talk about the success of Shivaay Singh Oberoi or Shivika or IB, atleast for NM they will always talk about the failure of DIB....More than anyone associated with the show, the failure of DIB will always be like a stigma for NM.....thats what I feel....I knew something on these lines would happen especially knowing how bad the writing has been lately before DIB started.....though strictly speaking there is nothing wrong in doing leaps but I do feel when you done a character whose success is such a phenomenon, he should have stuck with Shivaay Singh Oberoi and let that legacy of IB live on with Shivaay and Annika....anyways what happened is done...nothing can be changed....Sigh !

I think he never actually felt that DIB is different from IB....I don't know why makers have to go for new title, new hashtag and so on....you get leaps in many shows, do they actually go ahead and change hastags, names ? I don't know who came up with this stupid name, DIB...urghh....if they really wanted it then they should have started it as another season and ended IB with Shivika....the same story could have used to start new season except that it would be new characters...

@italics....cannot agree more on that....obsessed fans are headache for every one.....in some ways I think these fans feel that its their duty to support their faves no matter what they do.....most of his fans wanted DIB to be success to show to the other fans who have protested against leap and who bashed him...now I see same happening with SC too...her fans want the show to succeed just to give it back to the other set of fans.....failure is part and parcel of an artist life...there isn't a single actor or artist who has not failed and failures doesn't define an artist and I think when fans understand this, then they will be able to be fair to their faves....Its okay if you are liking a particular character/show even if its trashed by others but then I see the same ppl being over critical of the shows that their faves are not part of...this is in general with most of the fds....not one in particular.....

Edited by ithihaas - 4 years ago
Wisal10 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

It looks like the movie has been delayed.  I read that HR has backed out because he doesn't like the script.  I wonder if NM will continue or if the new lead will mean a new cast of brothers.  It's such a shame that Bollywood gives poor supporting cast roles to experienced TV leads but leads to star kids who can barely hold a facial expression between them.  

Hope he stays away from ITV until he gets something meaningful.  Watched a few episodes of some of the new and fresh shows and truly horrified at the decline of ITV. There was a time when I watched so may shows and now nothing catches my eye. They are all so overrated and nowadays all they need is 1 or 2 popular leads and they start trending and everyone begins to believe the hype. No wonder there is a decline in ratings overall.  Who would sit down to watch such crap in their free time. 

yvon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

I read anushka Sharma has already been signed. And isn’t something happening in December. Announcement/shooting. 

Have any of you watched his micro series. How is it?

He’s also shooting for a digital series 

I’ve only watched digital English series. How are the Hindi ones?