Makaan--Aur--GHAR!

Itsflora thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

I thought i shouldn’t blabber.But today's epi unsettled me so much that I'm going to let it be and pakaoo you all.😳

U know the initial portion where minnie asked that soul wrenching question whether it will be ever a home for her or just the makaan where her babes lives,it stirred something deep inside me.For that moment, minnie was me asking that question all her life.

Safely Assuming most of us are ladies here,Isn’t this the same question which haunts us all our life?I dont know if it was intentionally done by cv or not but we human specially the girls always long for a home.

I'm no way Being biased to guys.but given they are more financially stable in most cases and also its always the girl who grow up knowing she would have to leave,I'm gonna talk about this identity crisis women feel all their life.

Its always maayke aur sasural.sometime its your dad's home,then your brother's,then your hubby's, then even your son's.In between all this,a girl never truly find a place thats her's.Its such a cruel part of living in a society.Mayb thats why emancipation or empowerment of women is needed.So they can have their home too.     

Offcourse that's not the case always.I  am just talking in general.Its just in that scene I could relate to minnie so much.for someone,it may even look like self victimizing. Given she has all the love and presence of the two people she loves in the world,it may look like she is overthinking.

But let me tell you,its possible to still not feel home.Even when everything looks oka,its possible to feel uncertain about your place in your house,even with family.Subtle nuances here and there but all those actually make big differences.Even with their love,your family can make you feel insecure,tired or judgemental about yourself. Then you just wanna break free.I fear Minnie will reach there soon.    

Believe it or not,almost for whole my life all i ever wanted was a home of my own.I can safely acclaim I have an insanely awesome family but i still wanted a place which i can call my mine.    

As a kid, i just wanted to buy a place for my family so we dont have to bear the landlord's tantrums!as a rebel teen,i wanted a place where my parents wont bother me too much with their rules and regulations.(which was really needed for me then!) then I grew up to become an extremely private person who just love the idea of personal space and freedom. 

Now,i am an adult who wants a job which provide some sort of living arrangement where it will be all my rules.   

Bottom line is i always wanted a place where i can be me. Like so many other ladies,That Ghar is what I'm still looking for.with my beloved or without that i dont know.The girl in me just want a ghaar like minnie where its oka to be herself.     

Whoever finished reading my rant,you have serious patience!!thank you.                                   

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

inlieu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

I completely understand what you are saying. 

Thankfully more and more women are going into the workforce, earning to buy their own place without necessarily having a husband in the picture. 

I don't think that it's such an easy issue to deal with. As you said, you can feel alone in a crowd or even among family. 

Saiyaa thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

its a feeling that u hv shared , which i being a girl can totally relate to . 

its the dream that i always hv had !

Itsflora thumbnail

Thank you.😳

Itsflora thumbnail

Originally posted by: inlieu

I completely understand what you are saying. 

Thankfully more and more women are going into the workforce, earning to buy their own place without necessarily having a husband in the picture. 

I don't think that it's such an easy issue to deal with. As you said, you can feel alone in a crowd or even among family. 

You got my point right. It feels unfair to even complain about it coz people like preet are always around. They dont even get what's the big deal. For people, its your home anyway regardless your feeling.     

Indulatha thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Whatever you said correct yaar 

If anyone thinks this way all the girls will remain alone yaar 🤣

Jokes apart

Mostly all the girls think this after their marriage only, before marriage apne ghar me chahiye vo Kiraya ka ghar kyo na ho maa, baap, aur Bhai Behen se  jhagde ho adjust kar lete hai ye Soch ke ki ye apne log hai apna ghar hai samjh ke, 

Shadi ke baad har ek ladki ka pyar badalta hai rishte badalte hai, apni identity Khud doodhna padta hai samgharsh karna padta hai har ek small Cheejo ke liye bhi ladna padta hai. Babita aur Mini ki tarah Sab ki naseeb ye nahi milta Jaise ki unko Hs mila.

It mostly depend on girls capabilities, kuch Ladakiya ise hote hai ki apne saath sabko Lekar chalne ka capacity rakhte hai jaise ki Mini does. And it is also everybody point of view different and complicated also depends on the personalities.

Mera manna hai ki ladki  shadi ho ya na ho, think like is this my family or not. Is there any worth of my hard work or not, if there is any worth of you giving your input or no otherwise let them do their business. We also get peaceful mind. Some families aise bhi hote hai ki ladki kithna bhi kare they will never be happy so we should do our own business so will be happy also.

Sorry guys for boring reply. I am just giving my opinion 

Itsflora thumbnail

Originally posted by: kriya_12

its a feeling that u hv shared , which i being a girl can totally relate to . 

its the dream that i always hv had !

yeah.i tiny mini home thats all  want.  

Itsflora thumbnail

Originally posted by: Indulatha

Whatever you said correct yaar 

If anyone thinks this way all the girls will remain alone yaar 🤣

Jokes apart

Mostly all the girls think this after their marriage only, before marriage apne ghar me chahiye vo Kiraya ka ghar kyo na ho maa, baap, aur Bhai Behen se  jhagde ho adjust kar lete hai ye Soch ke ki ye apne log hai apna ghar hai samjh ke, 

Shadi ke baad har ek ladki ka pyar badalta hai rishte badalte hai, apni identity Khud doodhna padta hai samgharsh karna padta hai har ek small Cheejo ke liye bhi ladna padta hai. Babita aur Mini ki tarah Sab ki naseeb ye nahi milta Jaise ki unko Hs mila.

It mostly depend on girls capabilities, kuch Ladakiya ise hote hai ki apne saath sabko Lekar chalne ka capacity rakhte hai jaise ki Mini does. And it is also everybody point of view different and complicated also depends on the personalities.

Mera manna hai ki ladki  shadi ho ya na ho, think like is this my family or not. Is there any worth of my hard work or not, if there is any worth of you giving your input or no otherwise let them do their business. We also get peaceful mind. Some families aise bhi hote hai ki ladki kithna bhi kare they will never be happy so we should do our own business so will be happy also.

Sorry guys for boring reply. I am just giving my opinion 

No no.i get your point right.I repeatedly mentioned in my post that its not the same case always.there are some girls who just make it their own place wherever they go.They know how to blend & how to mend and still be happy.take my own mom for good example. 

Its just not the same for all.my mom got her chances fortunately but not all the neighbourhood aunties or ladies were lucky.even after tiring out their entire life in husband’s or brother's place all they got in return were -"dont talk,its not your place."

That hurts.                

shazam1 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

It’s getting easier now when both husband and wife’s name is on a house- especially if they have a bank loan. But if you moved into inlaws house- that always is the case. You are relegated to a single room that you can call yours. Rest of the house is still the in-laws and even if you don’t like things you can’t change anything.