Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Srilata.Mineil thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: inlieu

1. Yes, exactly. Mickey had probably decided to speak to her about this after the wedding but he isn't here now and by the time he gets back more damage would be done. Preet and she just don't have that bond which would enable her to share such personal things, nor would Preet be able to pick up the nuances in Minnie's behavior. Also, Minnie's genuinely trying to focus on her studies, so she might procrastinate thinking about those deeper issues. 

2. I have been thinking about this too. I know one of the main reasons is simply that the CVs wanted some over-the-top drama for the sake of TRPs but the fact is that they need to conclude this track at some point. For that to happen, they must show us some pretty good reasoning. HS suddenly appearing to accuse Minnie about the CD just seems very out of character, especially considering how consistent his character and their bond has been portrayed, more or less. Or are they pointing to some behavioral issues he has of lashing out when hurt and saying things that cause a lot of damage, like he had done with Babita (which also seemed contrived)?. 

I hope he does actively investigate who sabotaged the CD playback because that would show he believes MInni was innocent, but most importantly, that Khatri is caught and punished for his crimes.

Agree with you, I don't think HS trusting Minnie should depend on the truth of the CD coming out. However, when it does come out, I want it to be a starting point for conversation between them so that he can clearly explain to her (and us) why he reacted the way he did. It seemed as if he himself didn't really believe it when he was saying those things but they never showed him thinking aloud or introspection so I can't say for sure what was on his mind. 

I think there is something else there, his tears came from a lot of agony inside of him, potentially what I had written about his fear/jealousy, but even that doesn't account 100% for his behavior. I am missing something but I have no idea what CVs have in mind. It will hopefully be a mind-blowing reason that answers our questions, if the CVs are still on track with the storyline. 

Regarding HS behavior I feel CVS wants to show that HS has that pain still in his heart that his veer balika had hurt him during that time when she heard his confession.. But he dint take it out on her anyday..and when this CD fiasco came up. He could stop himself thinking about that incident and I guess he just carried away in that hurt and doubted her.... 

Yeah it's not only his fear of loosing his daughter but also something else.... 

Srilata.Mineil thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mishti_Dahi

I think Mickey is not in picture for a reason. CVs want to make things worse. Maybe when he'll be back, things would've been pushed to the breakpoint. Maybe he'll drill sense into Mini regarding HS and Babes.

Jean was right - we want him!

I hope he tells the issue to HS..bcoz making Minni understand will not work now as she will take everything in a negative way.... 

Srilata.Mineil thumbnail

Why do we don't have any bts or olv this weekend... Aisa kounsa dhamaka plan kar rahe hai yeh log.... πŸ€”

asmaanixx thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: inlieu

Loved your detailed post and agreed with everything. I think I've calmed down enough to comment on it objectively now. smiley2 

Aahh, thank you! πŸ€—

1. Yes, it was a major relief to see a "normal" house, clothes, etc. Basically their daily routine without all the bling that was becoming an eyesore. This is the simple PB that I know and love, with all the emotional complexities under the surface.

The pink & orange curtains are still hanging around, so I would like to see them gone ASAP. πŸ˜³ But the other little touches they have with the fairy lights still hanging around, and the flowers still adorning the places here and there, truly give it the feeling that a wedding just got wrapped up.

2. As sad as it was seeing HS have to go through Babita to find out about his daughter, I am glad that he was trying something. It was interesting to see that he was trying to make it seem like a casual question so as not to alarm Babita, given her ultimatum the previous night, but I think he was dying of curiosity to hear if perhaps Minnie had mentioned him in any way, had asked about him or referred to the elephant in the room, the CD fiasco. That was hard to watch for me, that the father-daughter who had their independent equation from Babita, had accepted each other ages ago, were now in a way dependent on the one person who had no clue about how deep the hurt ran on both sides and exactly what the issue was, or that there was an issue. HS and Minnie hiding their emotions was a first. After the hospital incident, when HS had left Minnie in her room, Babita had wondered if they had patched up but did not bother to dig in and get to the bottom of the matter. Here too, she is taking things at face value as she has always done but the situation is far more serious than last time. 

HS is the only one who's constantly trying with the mother-daughter. If it weren't for him, they would have permanently put him on silent mode and carried on living their life as they normally do. While Babita knows HS & Minnie's relationship is strong, she doesn't really have a proper gauge of just how deep it goes. I think once she does, she won't ever have doubts on whether or not HS could be a good father to Minnie. I really hope that Hanita actually talk about the CD. Why did she still hold onto it if she had burned away everything else? Why was Hanuman so quick to assume that Minnie will do something so nasty? That too, on her mother's wedding day.

Yes, thank God for small mercies. I think he knew immediately what the problem was, and rather than leave it be, he gently questioned her as to why she didn't come back. This was him prodding her to own up to her feelings as he has always done in the past, but much more subtly this time round. He wanted her to spell it out so that they were both on the same page about her mental state. 

It's also his way of ensuring Babita that she truly does have full freedom in this marriage. Those weren't just flattering remarks that he was passing on her just so that he can marry her. She really doesn't need to hesitate to share her feelings, thoughts, frustrations or fears with him. She may not be ready to handle his conflicts, but that doesn't mean she needs to suppress her own.

I also don't think Minnie necessarily forms relationships that easily. When she was alienated by Preet, she was lonely at college for a while. It was only Mickey that stepped in and took the initiative to be here friend. They went through a few things together before they got close. Likewise, with NB and Lala, they are adults who love her like their apni bachchi, and do not expect anything from her. They make it easy and uncomplicated for her to accept them, and do not put any emotional burden on her because their arms are always open wide. They also by default show her direction and give her wisdom and full support no matter what, so she doesn't have to "work hard" to form those bonds, if you know what I mean. Especially with NB, she trusted her from an early stage and respects her wisdom (as we all do!). 

Yup! It's interesting how she has to work extra hard on her blood relations but with people like Naeem Bi, Lala and HS, it's effortless. I guess it goes back to expectations and how these three really didn't want much from her in return except for her love. But the Khuranas on the other hand, have a whole list of things they want her to meet so that she can qualify for their love.

With HS, it is a little different because she has put him up on a pedestal so high that she can't even think about bridging that gap or being on an equal footing with him. I know there has been a lot of talk about ehsaan vs. pyaar, but the fact is that she has always felt that mountain of debt towards him not just because he has selflessly helped them but because he has tried to understand her needs and guided her without any stake in her present or future. Most importantly, under his influence her entire outlook about the world and about herself has changed. HS in many ways, also made it easy for her to step into his inner circle because he had no expectations from her (except in the wedding but we'll put that aside for now). He was just always there, arms and heart both open. He gave her a sense of security and most importantly a home. By that, I don't just mean the haveli but also with him, the man who makes her feel secure and respected and loved.

If this is true then I have a feeling HS would be even more disappointed. He never wanted his love to be weighed in favors and to have Minnie do this of all people, would pinch him. HS has been selfless and welcoming to her from the very start in the police station. Advising her when her anger would take over, guiding her with Bapu's life lessons, and just generally providing her a safe space she can go to.

Minnie is far from accepting her Hanuman Uncle as a father, not because there's anything wrong with him but because she doesn't think about her own feelings or needs at this point. She has never actually sat down to think about what she feels about Ashok right now, or the void that he left behind as a father, or even whether or not she wants that void to be filled by HS or anyone. She isn't paying attention to her own needs, just focusing on Babita. Her trying to give Hanita space is again more for Babita than HS, but in the process she's distancing herself further from HS. The way she looked at HS from afar, coming back home from work and entering the house made me sad. Just a few days ago we had that lovely scene where he was telling her how he looked forward to her hugging him at the end of a long work day and chirping around him. Where is that chirpy bird? She doesn't share that with her mother, and now without the presence of HS in her life, who does she be a child with? She went to her grandparents as an alternative but it's never going to be the same. I also wonder if they will go a few weeks with this awkwardness between HS and her. I know it's tough for us to watch them like this, but in a way it's also important for Minnie to reevaluate what she wants in life outside of Babita's sphere and also how she feels about HS. Does she want him in her life as a hero, idol, etc.? Tags don't even matter. The point is, does she miss him terribly because she loves him or is he just a habit she needs to get rid of?

I won't be able to stand it if this went on for weeks. I just have this feeling that this issue needs to be addressed fast before wrong assumptions get settled into their minds permanently. Even if they do resolve them later on, I don't want there to be any chance of there being doubts on their minds. Or have this to become a weak thread that's pulled on repeatedly to injure them.

I think it was you who had mentioned this but with her retreating steps, she backed away from both her parents - Babes and HS, even if she doesn't consider him her father as of yet. He still stands there as a fatherly figure and when she stepped away from him, she really made him an outsider. He was no longer her Hanuman Uncle. He just became this man to whom her mother got married and that for me is the most devastating thing about this marriage. (Apart from the fact that Hanita got hardly any coverage on their wedding of course).

Since we're talking about heroes and idols, what exactly does that even mean to her? What is a hero? What is an idol? What sort of check points need to be met in order to be qualified for such a position? I'm pretty sure HS has created a standard of his own that others need to match, but what happens when that standard gets diminished by HS himself? We saw her have an outburst once, and threaten him that she will leave the Haveli with her Babes. But what if he once more does something that she doesn't like? She can't use the same tactic again. Will she leave on her own?

I sincerely hope she misses him because she loves him, not because he has become a habit for her. I don't even wanna know how Babes will react if she hears about this.

I think this was one of the first examples of what HS had mentioned to Lala at the police station, that he would be the one who would have to maturely handle this delicate relationship for both of them. He knew he couldn't expect Babita to step up. At the same time he knew that there couldn't be room for misunderstandings between them. At least, if Babita were to be honest with him, then he would be sufficiently informed to make the right decisions or know how to react to various situations. He had always wanted Minnie and Babita not to hide things from each other because he had seen the problems it created. The last thing he wanted was a repeat of that in his relationship with Babita.

Funny enough, that's exactly what's happening between HS and Minnie right now. They're both hiding things from each other which is leading Minnie down a dangerous path.

I know it isn't anyone's fault per se, but this made me so angry, just seeing the injustice of it all. Haven't the three of them suffered enough? I know they all have issues or insecurities to deal with, but to start off their new phase in life with so much angst, confusion, and stress is just painful to watch. I keep remembering HS' words about not seeing any more women cry in the haveli, but that doesn't mean he should cry either. No man should have to bear such much of a burden. The two of them came to him broken, hurt, and desperate. He did what he could but in the process his heart and mind got so entangled that he's now struggling to stay afloat in some ways. I have a bad feeling things are going to get worse before they get better, so need to steady my heart for that. Also, the fact that both HS and Minnie's unresolved issues run so deep that neither has any idea. I know as a parent HS needs to find out what his daughter is struggling with but I feel as if he's a single parent in this case. Babita is so far from there yet, he will be taking on this load alone.

Apparently, the CVs think otherwise. πŸ€” This is what upset me the most! This second marriage was to be about new hopes and beginnings! Instead, it got ladled with all the angst and suffering in the world. Everything that Babita wanted to escape came back to haunt her. They could have shown all this after the shaadi was complete. I don't understand why it had to all be done whilst it was happening.

Ufh! I really don't want to see HS suffering anymore. πŸ˜­ Just give him one day of happiness!

I feel like Babita is good with surface level issues because of her own messed up psyche. When she sees Minnie, she just wants the best for her but doesn't really know how to go about doing it. She'll learn how to do so as she spends more time with HS and even if she doesn't, I'm okay with it since Minnie will always have HS. Mothers don't always hold the answer to our problems, sometimes fathers do. And sometimes, it's the other way around. It's just how parenting goes.

HS takes the concept of haq and boundaries very seriously, as we have all seen. When Babita drew them, he kept his distance. Now that he feels that what he had thought he shared with his Veer Balika was all one-sided, in his head, and that perhaps he had been a fool to have stepped into boundaries he had failed to see but had just been reminded of, he is keeping his distance. That is conflicting with his natural instinct to go to Minnie as a father and as her Hanuman Uncle. I can't forget the words, he used when he told her in tears what it had meant to him when she had given him the confidence that he was her hero, he was the best. All that confidence was shattered. He had been living like a zombie after Imarti had died, and Minnie had not just brought hope and sunshine into his life, but also a sense of being needed, of being wanted, of being responsible for someone. He is now questioning those very assumptions he had made and wondering how he, who usually had a good sense of judgement, had gone so wrong.

He will also no doubt be revisiting all the moments he spent with her and question when exactly was it that he stepped over the line Was it from the very first day when she called him Uncle, and hence felt a sense of responsibility towards her? Or was it the numerous times when she cried in front of him and he comforted her? Or was it when she too, started to refer to him as his father and she as her beti?

Oh, that was just brutal! You could literally see a part of his soul crumble away. Minnie had given him life but she also took it away from him. Now, he's just trying to find some sort of meaning to life that he can hang onto. It's heartbreaking how he's grasping on straws now.

3. I get the feeling Minnie is a good student, so I was wondering if she might fail her exams, raising some alarm bells and Hanita being called into a parent-teacher meeting. Until then, I think she really needs Mickey and while he is away, she is going to sink deeper into her melancholic thoughts, poor kid. I hope NB intervenes at some point but perhaps she too is afraid of being accused of interfering. She is her Dadi after all, so I want her to haq se help her poti out. No other person seems capable of it at this point.

Maybe. If she does, they might use this as a trigger for her breakdown. I hope she and Mickey are still able to text each other! But I really think it'll do her a lot of good to have him around in person. Just vent out all her feelings, cry in front of him, scream, shout or do whatever it is that will help make her feel a bit lighter.

I want Naeem Bi to talk to her too, but with Beeji around, I doubt she'll do it. πŸ€” She may not want to overstep and meddle with things too much.

4. Babita was like a little kid, trying to make her parent proud, that look I'm being a good girl, and doing what you asked for, tell the truth. I still don't see why she couldn't have sat next to him while he ate or asked him to join Minnie and her later. As for her handing him the towel and clothes, I found that quite interesting... Babita was in seva mode, doing her wifely duties, but ironically this is the last thing HS expects as a husband. For him, this is a bonus, he'd rather have a companion, a thinking, feeling, loving woman spending time by his side than one who simply cooks for him. As he had said in the pizza scene, that there needed to be some difference between his mother's generation and his, where women did more than cook and cry.

Ugghh, yes! Especially since they've sat down and have had plenty of conversations before. It may be duties but this is what Babita knows. It's weird because they've had deep convos before as landlord & tenant. But them being married should have given them even more freedom to spend time with one another but Babita is still seemingly hiding. She's constantly looking to escape and it hurts because that's exactly what Minnie is doing with HS, albeit it's for Babes' sake.

5. I don't know why but I got the feeling that on top of trying to give Babita space, Minnie was also trying to give herself some space. Not sure if she's realized it, but on some level, she is also mentally exhausted from mothering Babes, and feels that she no longer needs to feel that responsible for Babita as HS can take care of her now.

Yup! She can now focus on things that are important to her - like her studies. Also, seeing her just laying down with her head in Beeji's lap, she was truly relaxed. She was sad, but not worried. And there was nothing extreme about her either. As you mentioned, she's mentally exhausted right now and just wants a few moments to herself. Babes really needs to back off so that Minnie can have this.

6. Very well said, about the physical distance. I think it's only a matter of time. They cannot play an active part in Babita's life and because Minnie and Babita's lives are still so intertwined, the Khuranas end up being in an all or nothing situation quite often. They day mother-daughter really learn to live their independent lives, they will be able to have separate equations with the Khuranas. I have a feeling Dadu suspects something, but Beeji is clueless. I won't be surprised if she does indeed blame Babita or HS upon revelation of Minnie's psychological issues once she breaks down.

Aaargghhh, if Beeji even dares to question Hanita's upbringing or even THINKS about calling HS sautela, Imma πŸ˜‘

7. I also think he is right to be angry about the lying. We know he's going to be a strict father and he had already warned her about discipline, but it was interesting to see he didn't act upon it. Not long ago, Babita had given him the right to discipline Minnie as a father, and he had barged into Naeem Bi's house without a second thought, angrily asked her to come back and exercised his full authority. This time, he did barge in but asked NB to call her, had a few words with her and returned home without his Veer Balika. He felt he did not have the right to drag her back home or tell her off for lying or worrying Babita (and him) unnecessarily regarding her whereabouts. The irony was not lost on me.

Another saddening moment because this was the second time that he failed to bring his daughter back home.

In a way, it was good that HS had heard all that. He had always been mindful of such things but hearing it from Babita explicitly made him much more conscious. I just hope he doesn't go overboard, but for now he's also in a way leading by example. It's not done intentionally but in a way he is slowly providing Babita plenty of examples of the kind of things a life partner does for you, what a being a sukh dukh ke saathi is all about in everyday life.

Yup, and now even he doesn't need to feel pressured to maintain relationships that he doesn't want to. It's like he had told Babita before, if she doesn't want it, then he won't don't it because it'll make her upset. And this applies to all other aspects of their lives as well. Why do something that you don't like? If something's bothering you, then address it and deal with it accordingly. But don't keep quiet about it and let it trouble you. He's also talking from experience as that's exactly what he had to do with his father, and perhaps other relatives as well.

I loved hearing more of NB's insights on this matter but I am wondering why she isn't saying anything to HS about it as she usually does. Is it because she wants him to figure it out himself or because she doesn't want to interfere? Or does she not want to discourage him/add negativity after everything that happened during the wedding? I hope she speaks up before it's too late, otherwise I fear we will only get to see her counseling HS when Minnie breaks down. He's going to be devastated then.

Dunno if I talked to you about this before, but it could very well be that she wants him to try the whole parenting thing on his own. But once she realizes how serious things really are, she'll intervene to give him a zor ka dhakka.

I think his reaction is appropriate here in that he no longer feels respect for the Khuranas because of what they put Babita through but that may make sense only where she is concerned. He in many ways has also gotten used to seeing mother-daughter as a package so he is unable to isolate Babita's suffering from Minnie's equation with her grandparents. His main focus is on fulfilling his promise to NB, Minnie, and most of all, himself, about keeping Babita happy at all costs.

Agreed. It could also be that because it was Minnie who had taken Babita out of that house in the first place, he must be confused as to why she keeps going back to them. HS is only hearing about it and he feels so resentful. But Minnie? She has seen everything with her own eyes, so why does she still feel sympathetic towards them?

LOLL, I just remembered the times when Dadu stole the mango ice cream or walked in when he was trying to romance with Babita; and the look he gave Beeji when she tried to stand in as his mother. Like NAAHHHH B, NAAAHHH. Just stay away. πŸ€£

I wonder if on some deep level, he is insecure about Minnie being too close to the Khuranas after Lovely called him sautela. What if they turned her against him, would he lose any chance whatsoever of having a place in his daughter's life? It was all fine to love her as his daughter but being a parent is more than just about love and protection, it is also about responsibility and authority, and if she did not want that from him, what could he do? His marriage to Babita gave him legal claim as Minnie's parent that should have complemented what he had previously thought was a dil ka rishta with Minnie, yet after the wedding that was all he thought he had left. There was perhaps no emotional bond to be formed and if Minnie were to gravitate towards the Khuranas, and eventually yearn for Ashok despite everything he had done, then where did HS stand? What right did he have? If Minnie finally got Ashok as a father, then would HS have any place at all in her life? Would every action of his be scrutinized as a "stepfather"? Would he have to justify every word and action and always have to prove himself? Right now, the senior Khuranas are her connection to Ashok and I think on some deep level HS is actually afraid of this.

I think he is on some level but chooses not to dwell on it too much. I mean, we feel the sting whenever he's referred to as a sautela because we know he has gone above and beyond to more than prove himself as Minnie's father. And even if someone were to address him by that technical name, Lovely sure as hell didn't do it in a sweet manner. She purposefully put spite and venom when she spat out the word as a filthy accusation at him. Then there's the fact that neither of the Khuranas objected to what she had said. They had simply let her get away with it like they do with everything else.

I guess he is rethinking how she views past relationships. Despite their mistreatment of Babita, Minnie still chose to keep in touch with them. Ashok on the other hand, went out of his way to make sure Babita's life was akin to a miserable hell. The kind of abuse he put her through, that too, right in front of his own daughter is a whole different kind of low. In a way, it's similar to HS' own father when he kept abusing his mother. Beating her day in and day out, only stopping when she finally breathed her last. HS may not have forgiven his father, but he still chose to care for him out of a sense of duty. Minnie may find herself in the same position where she may not forgive Ashok for what he did, but still chooses to accept him as her father, if only out of duty. If this comes true, then HS really will have no say in the matter. He can't force Minnie to abandon or reject Ashok.

I think he will be put on the spotlight by the Khuranas. When Minnie was hospitalized, they had no doubts in their mind that HS was acting from a fatherly position. However, ever since Minnie was accused for the CD, doubts may have risen in their minds as to whether or not HS can do right by Minnie. And because Minnie is their blood, they will always side with her whenever they feel she's being treated wrongly.

Minnie and HS' conversation when she apologized to him, kept coming to mind as I thought of what you've said here to while NB was talking. So in this episode, it was confirmed that for all his lofty ideals, even as an adult he could do nothing against his father, that his blood ties to that vile man didn't allow him to leave the man on the streets in his old age. His notion of over-compensating makes even more sense here. I don't know whether or not he loved his father but he still maintained his sense of duty towards him as a child. I am wondering if coming to terms with this will form the basis of him helping Minnie and Ashok reconcile one, because more and more I get the feeling this will happen. Would he be able to do that selflessly when the time comes, knowing that he could forever lose the chance to be her father? Would he be able to accept that his daughter calls another man her father? Isn't it ironic but beautiful that as an adoptive father HS could feel this way about his daughter's biological father, and perhaps even be jealous?

HS might help Minnie to find closure with, just like Minnie might help HS find closure with his dad. I don't know what form HS' closure will take but they both need to figure out how to move on from their past. As for the father-daughter rishta, he may help them out because it's in his nature to help and he'll do anything for his Veer Balika. But his heart will definitely not be in it. Furthermore, if Babita puts her foot down and forbids Minnie from interacting with Ashok, then I think HS will take Babita's side rather than Minnie's.

Agree, especially now that Minnie is nearly an adult and can make her own decisions. Also, Babita sending Ashok away didn't give HS a choice either back then. Not that it was necessary because there was not commitment between Hanita. If Ashok comes back though, I think HS would also have some say in the  matter and I think he might actually be the one to help Babita balance her wish to forget Ashok with the fact that nothing can change Minnie's lineage or her right to have Ashok in her life if she so wanted.

If Ashok comes back, then I think HS will treat him the same way he treats Khatri. Keeping a wary eye on him, and always ready to throw down a fight if he ever got out of hand. I feel like as of right now, Babita's issues with Ashok are a bit more personal. She's still haunted by the ways he has abused her rather than how he deprived Minnie of a childhood. Although that still plays a huge factor in her trauma, Ashok had a greater negative impact on Babita than with Minnie. With Minnie, it'll be easier for her to disassociate herself with him since they never really had a close relationship to begin with. However, Babes did. Regardless of the circumstances, she had bared herself naked before him. The kind of vulnerability and strength that goes into doing that is something else entirely. I hope HS bars Ashok from entering the Haveli period. If Minnie wants to keep any sort of relationship with him or the Khuranas, then it will have to be outside of the Haveli.

8. This was an interesting position indeed. I didn't feel comfortable with him having to lie by omission to Babita but I think he was trying to keep the peace at home. It's not a pattern that he should fall into and I just don't like seeing him having to bend over backwards for her. I hope she can soon start to become a little mature so that he can openly tell her these things. Right now I feel as if he's dealing with two kids at home, each with different tantrums. He understands where Babita comes from, but after her outburst on the wedding day, I don't think he'll give her a piece of his mind about his stance on log kya kahenge or her obsession with her image as a bahu. She's still carrying the baggage of her past and he can see it. Bechara.

I didn't like how he lied either, especially after he told Babita that there should be honesty in their relationship. If Babita finds out that he lied, that too about Minnie, then that wouldn't sit well with her. I totally get why he did it though. If he had told her that Minnie had lied to her, then Babes would have raised the roof and made things worse by exploding on Minnie. I hope that by covering for her, Minnie got the hint that her Hanuman Uncle is still looking out for her. That things aren't still totally lost between them.

This is what I felt too, that he was 'hiding' behind Babita and her needs in order to reach out to Minnie. He came back home without her, unlike last time, so he's using Babita's state of mind as a point for Minnie to focus on. If he had his way, he would have told her not to lie next time and to let them know her whereabouts, perhaps even talked about discipline and honesty, etc. but right now he won't even go in that direction. I also think there was some unintentional subtext there, in that he was telling Minnie that even if she didn't care what made him happy, she could at least do what made her mother happy. I hated hated the way he delicately put that out, that he has to feel so much like an outsider at this moment. Ugh...😑

Ufh! I hate how much of an outsider he feels with Minnie. I swear, even in their first meeting at the police station, they felt a lot closer than this. This cold distance between them is truly upsetting to see. I hope this week they start making steps to reconciling their relationship.

Sooner or later, this is going to happen, and HS will have to step back and think about the cost to always focusing on Babita's happiness at the exclusion of all else. Perhaps this was what NB was alluding to, that mother-daughter needed to have their own space and trajectories, and that he would have to deal with them as individuals, not as a package. They were indeed different people and he knew that at heart. No matter how 'mature' Babita becomes, the fact is that her basic nature is very different from Minnie's, who in many ways is a lot like HS. She cannot nurture Minnie in the way HS can and vice-versa. Minnie and Babita have had a reverse parent-child relationship, and while Minnie deals with an empty nest, can HS help her navigate those new waters?

This is what everyone has been saying. Minnie and Babes need to create identities that exist outside of each other. Minnie is already on the path to figuring out what that is. It's just a matter of time before Babes gets the incentive to do the same. 

Can I just say, I also felt that to HS this was almost a welcome 'excuse' for him to talk to Minnie, something he had never previously needed. It was a safe topic and one that was light enough on the surface, dealt with there and then. Again, I hated the awkwardness between them and the way they looked at each other expectantly but were unable to speak up. Don't know how much longer this will go on but I hope one of them bursts soon enough. It is really difficult to see them silently suffering this way. I also want to see how Minnie feels that not only is she maybe losing her mother but also her Hanuman Uncle, because she clearly is. During the wedding most of her flashbacks were of how HS became so important to her over time (whether or not she thinks of him as her father comes later). This time round too she probably feels abandoned by her father (figure) but has not processed this yet. 

Yup. I've actually experienced this with my own dad. Whenever we would get into arguments, we'd end up not speaking to each other, either for weeks or months. And it's usually these light hearted topics that come in handy to test the waters and see how the other person is doing. So i can totally understand what HS and Minnie are going through right now.

Minnie has a really complicated relationship when it comes to men in general especially when they come to embody the roles of a father and husband. She keeps changing her opinions on how she feels about it but I guess it's okay. She doesn't need to have all the answers right now. There's still a lot of growing left in her before she can solidify her mindset on what exactly they mean to her personally.

HS, as the adult, has the make the first move, please please please. He has to put his hurt and not focus so much on the label or significance of "father" at this point, rather just reach out to his Veer Balika as a friend. I know he feels unwanted but can they at least have a civil conversation as two people living in the same house. If this had been an arranged marriage, he would be getting to know her slowly and perhaps this is what the CVs want to show, that not only the parents, but also HS and Minnie need to learn more about it each other over time. Just wish it didn't have to be this painful. I really don't want him to wait until it's too late, until his daughter breaks down. He would never forgive himself and in his devastation might distance himself even further, thinking he is unworthy of being a parent, and maybe even unworthy of being Babita's husband. To be honest, I don't think it's fair to expect all that from HS but what can we do? This is where things have gotten to.

I really don't like how they're being strangers in their own home. When Minnie had first arrived, she had taken on the initiative of making that Haveli her own, no matter how small the space she had been given. Now, she's avoiding to come back to that same home. In the precap she told Babes that it's her room now, but does she really think so? Does she feel like she can lay a true claim to a part of the Haveli regardless of how small it is? Or is still just her Babes and Hanuman Uncle's? She has after all already started to make plans to find a place of her own.

I have a feeling HS will make the first move as well. He has already tried it with the coming home late, and he had even offered to go talk to her when he was talking to Babita in the morning. He's quite clearly yearning to speak to his Veer Balika again and is now just looking for some sort of excuse to do so.

Oh gosh, that's a very depressing thought and I sincerely hope HS doesn't go down that path. He is more than qualified and deserving of being a husband and a father.

9. I'm curious to see if Babita finally goes to her own room. Will HS still be awake then or will he already be sleeping on his charpaayi? Would she sleep alone in her new room or spend time talking to HS? It's actually quite funny if you think about it, Babita maybe asking HS if she could sleep in her new room now that her daughter had kicked her out of her room, on the pretext of studying for her exams. HS would see through Minne's intentions, I hope. πŸ˜†

Hahaha, I think HS will be sleeping on the outside while Babita sleeps inside. The most important thing that needs to happen at this point is for them to talk. They, especially Babita, needs to communicate how she's feeling. She can't keep internalizing everything and expect to find all the answers. She needs to open up and let him in at some point otherwise they'll be stuck like that forever.

Edited by asmaanixx - 4 years ago
Resham thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Tonight's preview...... NB waking up Babita giving her gyaan saying jaag jaa warna apni hi grihasthi mein aag laga degi.... 

There lala asks mini to plan something for HS and Babes.. Aka their honeymoon... Mini says that he is making full proof plan of making her get a beating from her mother.... 

I am waiting for NB gyaan to BabitaπŸ€ͺ

Srilata.Mineil thumbnail

Originally posted by: Resham

Tonight's preview...... NB waking up Babita giving her gyaan saying jaag jaa warna apni hi grihasthi mein aag laga degi.... 

There lala asks mini to plan something for HS and Babes.. Aka their honeymoon... Mini says that he is making full proof plan of making her get a beating from her mother.... 

I am waiting for NB gyaan to BabitaπŸ€ͺ

Finally NB is in action... Thank god... πŸ‘πŸΌ

Babita no humesha ek push chahiye.... 

Jiarao thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Hey anyone remember HS-lala conversation during Imarti track? When lala said aap babitha behenji ke saath anyay kar rahe ho  HS says "Anyay hi to hai lale, prayaschith  karna padega".  Do you think that prayaschith has any role to play in his current overprotective mode? I also find it strange he didn't remember Imarti at least once during wedding. Is it same prayaschith  he is doing by not even thinking about Imarti?

Jiarao thumbnail

I was reading PH tweets about future track. It says Minnie was not demanding  for a father. If she didn't want a father why play along with HS father-daughter game?  She could have stopped him ages ago before he started believing himself as her father. What was in her mind all those times he called himself as her father? 

Srilata.Mineil thumbnail

Originally posted by: Jiarao

Hey anyone remember HS-lala conversation during Imarti track? When lala said aap babitha behenji ke saath anyay kar rahe ho  HS says "Anyay hi to hai lale, prayaschith  karna padega".  Do you think that prayaschith has any role to play in his current overprotective mode? I also find it strange he didn't remember Imarti at least once during wedding. Is it same prayaschith  he is doing by not even thinking about Imarti?

Which episode was this... πŸ€”

Jiarao thumbnail

Originally posted by: porankisrilata

Which episode was this... πŸ€”

Don't remember episode number.