Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tejaswiniwenham thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: Irshita

Thanks!!

Whole sequence since Dhanak blackmailed mai has been just weird. I watched on and off before stopping completely. Came back with the news of the leap. Sometimes shows become really fun after a leap.

Plan to catchup this week’s episode this weekend. The consummation sounds ewww.. but they may have forced it in for a kid post leap.

I agree! It went from dhanak blackmailing maayi to just completely trusting her overnight and I dont understand the purpose of raghu's father...maayi could just do all this exact karnama by herself- not like dhanak is shown suspecting her at all. it seems to me that storyline was really poorly handled and underutilized. but dude there were so many opportunities to have them consummate the relationship and they chose the worst way possible. trp is lowest its ever been cos its genuinely uninteresting. randomly dhanak planned a date and raghu was drunk. isse bohut zyada accha tha pehle wala time when they almost did it before dhanak started this silsila of irrational shaadi demands. 

first time the chemistry between abrar and shruti fell flat- something that never happened before. either they're having discomfort now in performing the scene or it was random and bas as you said just to impregnate her. yesterday sejal even told maayi- they are planning good news...huh? use kisne bataya? and when did they 'plan' a baby. WHY would they plan a baby now? this would be a classic unplanned pregnancy! two young unemployed ppl with criminal histories and no money getting pregnant after a drunken one night stand is LITERALLY the text book episode of those shitty mtv shows about teen pregnancies in small town america. agar yeh planning hain, then they should show dhanak either pregnant or with a small child with her at all times- like raghu had told his maasi during gudi padwa- bohut saare bacche karega. bhar mein jaye career and all. actually i dont even mind the unplanned pregnancy as long as they focus on how difficult pregnancy is when you are in such unstable circumstances. i would like to see BOTH of them struggle to bring this child into this world. or even just see dhanak struggle if raghu goes to jail- there is NO WAY she can be police if raghu goes to jail. that will be unbelievable as hell. so to see her actually struggle with her circumstances, make decisions that arent necessarily options she'd have considered otherwise, would be a great storyline. THAT is why choti sardarni is working and this show is not. because we see and struggle WITH meher. her pregnancy is accidental but motherhood is her choice. difficult choices that she walks and we see insight into her struggle. but with this show we never see them struggle for long- just hacks here and there. the only time the struggle was real was during that phase of raghu post jail and it reflected in trps as well. instead they'll just show a leap. herein lies a fundamental problem with the show. we NEVER see dhanak's struggles in any detail. 

whilst most shows focus SO MUCH on the FL's emotions that it becomes tiring and stale. here the problem is ulta. we NEVER see inside dhanak for more than a second. maayi and bharat scenes have more time than raghu and dhanak's. and the rate at which maayi interrupts them and phir bhi dhanak ko koi shakh nahi hota- thats amazing. and we spend 0 time with dhanak's internal monologues! ppl trying to kill her- no feelings just the usual 'oh raghu thanks!' and done. she nearly dies- 5 secs of ptsd and done. her apparently MOST important dream gone- half a scene of rona. raghu gets THRASHED in jail because of her boss- half second reaction and move on. i know enough about raghu and more than enough about maayi- their thinking and motives. but i LITERALLY know NOTHING about dhanak other than she is hot for raghu, thats it. this show will continue to perform poorly for as long as the viewers dont feel close to dhanak's struggles. very important. and with the baby storyline it shouldnt be hard. For many lower middle class urbanite girls in chawls in their early twenties, pregnancies happen and child rearing in menial income is a HUGE struggle. especially in mumbai.

Itishri thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail + 2

@Tej - I am glad the show is taking a leap. The story, emotions for the 2 epis last week and yesterday felt flat and stale - been there, seen those types. I couldn't believe that Mai's scenes were the worst. 

Dhanak and Raghu's relationship is weird. They don't seem to trust each other and seem to expect the worst reaction from the other. Raghu doesn't think Dhanak is capable of forgiving him or his mistakes. Yeh kaisa pyar hai?

SR was definitely more about s*x than love. who decorates the chawl gym? Or this is Mai's personal property as the chawl goon? I guess they were desperate to show dhanak pregnant. Do you know when is the leap coming?

BTW - Dhanak, despite all big talks and usools, seems to have gotten used to the "respect" and "luxury" that comes with being a member of the local goon family.

tejaswiniwenham thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Irshita

@Tej - I am glad the show is taking a leap. The story, emotions for the 2 epis last week and yesterday felt flat and stale - been there, seen those types. I couldn't believe that Mai's scenes were the worst. 

Dhanak and Raghu's relationship is weird. They don't seem to trust each other and seem to expect the worst reaction from the other. Raghu doesn't think Dhanak is capable of forgiving him or his mistakes. Yeh kaisa pyar hai?

SR was definitely more about s*x than love. who decorates the chawl gym? Or this is Mai's personal property as the chawl goon? I guess they were desperate to show dhanak pregnant. Do you know when is the leap coming?

BTW - Dhanak, despite all big talks and usools, seems to have gotten used to the "respect" and "luxury" that comes with being a member of the local goon family.

nahi yaar. idk either. hoping october tak. the whole situations seem bizarre. the writers have obvious easy roots to create drama but they somehow just go- no no lets try harder by creating a faker, less emotionally investing and less plausible storyline instead. the show performs well when its emotionally engaging- it doesnt work when the police angle comes in. i honestly want them to suspend dhanak's career track by her own volition going forward. It's just unnecessary and doesnt add any real weight to the story. infact it barely makes a difference. 

that SR was the most disappointing thing after SO much build up. public gym...ok. chawl reality is very dark when it comes to couple's sex lives so woh bhi diya. but raghu leaving her afterwards early morning when anyone could've walked in...what? this is another issue with the story- theres no letting after the build up. even with this baby track- they could've been engaging and actually showed dhanak pregnant in these tough situation and shown how they deal. but instead its just like leap and see grown up baccha. like all this drama is created with very superficial end goals just to move from one point of the story to the next. raghu k baap ko laya to- idk, SR karwaya kyunki baccha chahiye, how does the baccha contribute to the story's struggle- idk, yeh saare drama karwaye just to get raghu and dhanak separated yet none of it is close to home at all. dhanak not believing or blaming raghu even a bit for what happened to her is ridiculous. her internal monologue yesterday was like- what? when she was like- has raghu ever understood you? i was like- thats ALL he's ever done. understand you. none of the conflict seems buyable at all. raghu being suddenly arrested and beaten because she didnt share vs her being dismissed because raghu didnt know what was happening is not even equatable. and oh ya! dhanak ttly revels in that privilege but what makes it frustrating is that she doesnt even realize it at all. plus this whole track is nonsense. all the chawl ppl who were living under the shadow of maayi and her crimes now seem like they've never even seen a criminal in their lives...am i missing something? wasnt the basis of this story criminal weds ips? maayi and raghu were don no? suddenly it seems that theyve been shareef middle class forever. nonsense.

i hope the leap actually improves the story.