Ranjali thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

https://youtu.be/deIQZ5YqERw

Just came across this scene. This movie was way ahead of its time. Madhuri was really good here. Quite surprising to see Rajkumar Santoshi tookup such controversial topics.

Edited by Ranjali - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nema123 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

I loved this movie...!!! One of my most Fav.. mainly Madhuri's part.

It's shame it didn't work. 

ImagineMe thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Superb scene! I like the one that follows with Manisha in the dressing room even better. I really love this performance of hers. This movie had many rousing moments, although the overall effect was underwhelming. Each actress got a clap worthy scene.

Rajkumar Santoshi was in his element in the 90s (yes... this one came in '01... but filmed very 90s like 😉)

Edited by ImagineMe - 4 years ago
harun98 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Madhuri was brilliant and its also down to director giving her the best role in the movie and boy she delivered. Its a shame her choice of films in all of her comebacks has been appalling, at her age she should pick movies that suits her age as shes not young to do item numbers, it doesn't suit her age no matter how young she might appear. She can do dancing but something more suitable and dignified for her age.

GrumpyTheCat thumbnail

This is one of her best performances. 

She always will be the complete Bollywood Actress for me. Nobody comes close. Her comic timing in Raja to Her intense scenes , she is excellent and shines. Too bad she had no script sense. 

Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Every single scene of Madhuri Dixit in Lajja is a masterclass in acting.

Sadly more female focused movies weren't that popular back then so Madhuri's talent was often wasted. This movie was ahead of it's time and flopped.

If she was that age now she would be doing lots of quality movies, the talent is there unlike with some 90's actresses

Padfoot_Prongs thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

This scene was epic. I liked that movie. Everyone was good in that movie. I didn't like the ending much though when Manisha goes back to Jackie Shroff.