Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DanmeiLover thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 4 years ago

I just checked it with my cousin who  is a lawyer. If a person is assumed and declared dead by the police and the said person does not come forward to clarify his / her living status,  unless he / she is held against wish as captive , blackmail,  any other wise coercion,  then it is indeed considered as faking death . As such court will consider any further marriage of the spouse legally valid , same for property transfers and other proceedings. 7 year period not applicable. 

7 year period is applicable only when the person is missing , with no further status update. 

Long story short , Naira did fake her death and Kartik- Vedika marriage, if at all happened,  is completely legally valid. So it has to be resolved by divorce only , not annulled. 

Also , what Naira did was nothing short of contempt towards law . Court will condemn it if she takes it there . Unless she lies that she was unaware that she had been considered dead,  which will be difficult to prove in today's world of social media .

Anyone can cross verify with any law person known to them. Actually there has been such cases. 

Edited by HeartQuake - 4 years ago
CaptiveFreedom thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: bips

Simply from a purely legal standpoint - vedika is the legal wife. 

I don't know where people are coming up with this 7 year clause. The 7 year waiting period is only when your spouse has disappeared but naira was declared dead by the police. And you don't need to wait 7 years after death to marry again. 

Again you can argue that no dead body etc but the fact is naira was declared dead by the police - an official government body, hence the second marriage made under the assumption of death of spouse is completely valid. 

.... I do wish they would wrap up this crappy track soon but the marriage (if actually completed) is valid.... 

And irrespective of whether the marriage is valid or not, the pseudo "cheating" track is killing all my kaira feels. 

A person may be legally declared dead in absentia, i.e. legal presumption of death may be declared, despite the absence of direct proof of the person's death, such as the finding of remains (e.g., a corpse or skeleton) attributable to that person. Such a declaration is typically made under two conditions 

i) A person has been missing for an extended period 

ii)  In the absence of any evidence that the person is still alive – or after a much shorter period but where the circumstances surrounding a person's disappearance overwhelmingly support the belief that the person has died (e.g., an airplane crash).  

In India presumption of death is governed by sections 107 and 108 of the Evidence Act, which allows for presumption of death for a person missing for 7 years to be raised in appropriate proceedings before the court.

@bold The officer who told Kartik that his wife Naira died...declared her dead in the absence of evidences that she is alive...he said "maybe crocodiles ate up her body" he didn't himself saw crocodiles eating up her body...or had no evidences to prove his point...what he said was based on assumptions...as if she died in blast dead remains of her body must be found from blast site...which weren't found...so second condition of declaration of a person dead is applicable here...

According to similar section...

In case of a spouse unheard of for more than 7 years, a presumption can be drawn under Section 108 of the Indian Evidence Act, 1872 (Evidence Act) that the spouse is dead. In such an event, the other spouse can marry a second time on the ground that the former marriage is dissolve due to the civil death of his/her spouse.

Kartik and Vedika's marriage is still null and void...even if Naira was declared dead immediately by an officer based on no evidence of her being alive found....as after that presumption court proceedings and definite time period (mostly 7 years) is required to declare a person officially dead....

Police officers notes are not LEGAL DECLARATIONS...Legal declarations are given by court after court proceedings...

In most common law and civil code jurisdictions, it is usually necessary to obtain a court order directing the registrar to issue a death certificate in the absence of a physician's certification that an identified individual has died.Most countries have a set period of time (seven years in many common law jurisdictions) after which an individual is presumed dead if there is no evidence to the contrary.

the Presumption of Death Act 2013 was passed to simplify this process. The new act, allows applying to the High Court to declare a person presumed dead. This declaration is conclusive and cannot be appealed. It is recorded on a new Register of Presumed Deaths, and has the same effect as a registration of death.

Death is taken to occur on 

a) the last day that they could have been alive (if the court is satisfied that they are dead)

What if court wouldn't be satisfied by officers assumption that crocodiles ate up Naira's body?....

(b) the day seven years after the date they were last seen (if death is presumed by the elapse of time).

@red from pure legal standpoint Vedika is not legal wife...without judicial order anybody declared dead by search team or police officer that also before set time period can't be presumed dead..did Kartik obtained a court order that "Naira died" alongwith her death certificate as no clear evidence or dead body was found...before marrying Vedika?...as family didn't found Naira's dead remains a clear evidence of her death court's order or decree was MUST required....if they didn't obtain it than second marriage is 100% null and void...

I think ITV doesn't have liberty to show bigamy in fiction shows....infact objectionable content shown through fiction gets legal notices...whatever they are trying to show through Kartik, Naira or Vedika is objectionable...

Edited by CaptiveFreedom - 4 years ago
AnyaRSingh thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

🤪Whether vedika is legal wife or not

I think they want us to buy that kaira are connected via souls so no separations can really break them up they will always be IT for each other 

which is ridiculous🤣because dadi complaining about naira leaving the toilet seat up can lead to a ten year separation between these dumbos

Vedika can crab and moan about naira trying to steal kartik but how can someone steal something from you that isnt even urs🤣

Not looking forward to naira having conversations with her conscious about right and wrong...

Looking forward for my opportunist kartik to take advantage of the whole naira will do any thing for kairav's happiness thing 🤣naira go wash my car for kairav...naira go make my tea for kairav...throw vedika out and remarry me for kairav...

Blackwater thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: AnyaRSingh

Looking forward for my opportunist kartik to take advantage of the whole naira will do any thing for kairav's happiness thing 🤣naira go wash my car for kairav...naira go make my tea for kairav...throw vedika out and remarry me for kairav...

😆😆

coolbakes_Jalad thumbnail

Originally posted by: AnyaRSingh

🤪Whether vedika is legal wife or not

I think they want us to buy that kaira are connected via souls so no separations can really break them up they will always be IT for each other 

which is ridiculous🤣because dadi complaining about naira leaving the toilet seat up can lead to a ten year separation between these dumbos

Vedika can crab and moan about naira trying to steal kartik but how can someone steal something from you that isnt even urs🤣

Not looking forward to naira having conversations with her conscious about right and wrong...

Hahaha .. what I seriously don’t understand is why would someone want to be with Karthik after knowing him .. Naira his supposed soulmate ran away without even informing feeling suffocated🤣

Vedika ... her dad died but why did he ask Karthik of all people to marry his daughter .. did they have some unknown rishta that he knew Karthik so well .. what if Karthik was some psychopath .. would Vedika still wanna fulfill papa wale promise 

Nayi soch of star plus makes me feel like girls don’t do any soch only ....🥴

rose2015 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Nayi soch is that a woman goes back to her husband and his family who treats her like crap for the sake of her son having a "perfect family." She tries to hide the truth from her son and he grows up resenting her for staying in a relationship that gives her no respect. Son grows up saying he doesn't believe in love or marriage.

Edited by rose2015 - 4 years ago
coolbakes_Jalad thumbnail

Isn’t this exactly what they are showing .. which woman wants to be a doormat now .. actually this is worse than that .. actually she can gift Kairav too and meet him on sundays ... 🤷‍♀️

ltelidevara thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: coolbakes_Jalad

Isn’t this exactly what they are showing .. which woman wants to be a doormat now .. actually this is worse than that .. actually she can gift Kairav too and meet him on sundays ... 🤷‍♀️

Why should Naira gift Kairav? Let Kartik meet his son on Sunday’s and live with that Devika or Vedika or whoever she is.

nakhre_wali thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

IIRC weren't there a couple of instances where Vedika was reluctant or refused engagement/marriage because she felt Karthik was not ready but then continues because Karthik himself reassures her? It seems ridiculous then that Karthik is not stepping up to at least tell Vedika he can no longer stay true to their relationship. Instead everytime Karthik uses 'ex-wife' in front of Naira it almost looks like Vedika is being used as a tool by him to elicit a reaction from Naira :/ He was distraught when he thought Naira was cheating on him but is now making someone else go through the same emotional upheaval... where is the self-awareness?