FortunaMajor thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

'Papa! Paaaaaapa' 

'yes Kairav' said Kartik finally opening his eyes and similing at his bundle of joy who had been trying to wake him up for the past few minutes. 

'haaaw papa you are such a cheater!  nini ho ne ka acting kar rahe ho'. 

Kartik laughed as he looked at his son looking annoyed and standing with both hands on his hips he definitely took after his mom in mannerisms. 

'Acha baba I am sorry' 

'issok papa' said Kairav jumping into his father's arms. 

'Papa let's go make some bread Kapodas Mama will be home soon, let's supiz her!' 

'of course! Let's start right away'. 

Karthik loved the kitchen time he spent with Kairav it was their routine of sorts, which meant that the bread kapo-pakodas weren't exactly a surprise although to Kairav it was. Naira knew that the duo would be waiting for her everyday with hot fritters and would accordingly act surprised! 

It never bored her, just like the numerous batter faced pictures of Kairav that Karthik shared with her everyday. 

Karthik sighed thinking of how Kairav was already turning 4 and would soon be starting school. Naira had bought in various school applications that were suggested by Papa and it was lying on his desk unfilled. She would be so annoyed once again knowing that he had still not bothered to fill it. 

'I am going to miss you buddy'

'why papa' asked Kairav looking adorably confused. 

'because you'll be starting school soon and will find no time for papa' said Kartik pouting. 

'Don't worry I'll try and see you for at least two minutes in a day' replied Kairav giggling. 

'Achaa ji' 

'Wow! Looks like the father-son duo are having all the fun without mumma' 

It was Naira standing in the kitchen doorway pouting at Kairav. 

'Mumma look a supiz for you! Bread kapodas' 

'yum.....' said Naira taking a bite from the fritters laid in front of her. 

'Have you filled the forms Karthik?' 

'voh....' 

'I don't believe this Karthik! Baby I think you can forget about going to school you are never going to get to read the colorful books that Vansh Bhaiya reads' 

'why Mama' 

'Because your papa is Lazy that's why'. 

Kairav giggled at this causing Naira to join as well and Karthik could have just stood there forever watching them like that alight with happiness. Kairav was a blessing! If not for him Karthik dreaded to think what might have been the consequences of his words on that stormy night 5 years ago. 

'Don't worry Champ papa will fill it tonight and you can soon read as many colorful books as you want!'

'Dekhte hai' said Naira smirking. 

Kairav soon started yawning indicating that he was done for the day. Karthik Gently carried him up to his room that he shared with his cousin Vansh and placed him on the bed. He swept down along with Naira to kiss their son goodnight and they tiptoed back to their rooms. 

Naira left to get changed as soon as they got back to their room. His eyes fell on the application forms placed on the table and started filling them. He was finally done and looked up to see his wife getting ready to sleep and held out the completed forms which she took and carefully placed them in a folder. Knowing not to expect any words from her, especially in Kairav's absence he took his bedding and moved to the couch. 

His days were the best thanks to his son! nights were when the silence got deafening. He glanced at his wife once again but she was fast asleep. He placed his hands over his ears and closed his eyes to try and sleep while getting drowned in the deafening silence that caused him to ruminate over his own question from five years ago. 

'Kya oos raat tumhaare aur Mihir ke beech kuch hua tha?' 

Hey guys this was just an idea that I couldn't get rid of! I couldn't stop wondering about the possibility of Naira not leaving and staying back for Kairav but choosing to cease talking to Karthik in Kairav's absence. I hope I have done justice in penning it down do let me know your feedback and how I can make it better. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rose2015 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Kairav is already 5 and a school age going kid. In the show he is sitting at home due to his surgery.

Raxya thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Great... loved it πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

Love how it was simple and meaningfull and believable as wellπŸ‘πŸ»

tikit thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

Well this is amazing. Btw can you continue this?

FortunaMajor thumbnail

Originally posted by: rose2015

Kairav is already 5 and a school age going kid. In the show he is sitting at home due to his surgery.

I took some liberty here and made a few changes  my OS is based on the premise that 'What if Naira hadn't left?'  so its not compliant with the show. 

FortunaMajor thumbnail

Originally posted by: Raxya

Great... loved it πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

Love how it was simple and meaningfull and believable as wellπŸ‘πŸ»

Thank you πŸ˜ƒ

FortunaMajor thumbnail

Originally posted by: tikit

Well this is amazing. Btw can you continue this?

Thank you! Actually I am not great when it comes to continuing fics that's why I decided to keep it an OS but if at all inspiration strikes I'll try to continue😊