Mishti - one of a kind...

Sanleema thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Honestly I started this show only because I love kuch rang and Shaheer’s acting was outstanding in that show.  I never even knew the rest of the cast in this show, but really every single one is performing really well, be it the leads or the characters.

Coming to my title - Mishti.  In all the time I have watched ITV and it’s FLs, there have been only 2 categories- the slightly annoying, good-at-heart but totally dumb, ready-to-sacrificing at the drop of a hat FLs or the know-it-all, I’m the epitome of righteousness, interfering (even when it’s none of their goddamn business) super annoying FLs.  I have so gotten used to seeing these FLs being either a pompous heroine whose righteousness always takes precedence before any logic/relationship or a wimpy heroine drooling over a rich/handsome/manhandling jerk.

So for me Mishti is a nothing short of a revelation at this point in time in ITV.  This is the first time I’m getting to see a FL who puts her self-respect in front of everything, even before her adoptive family.  I’m so glad that she doesn’t sacrifice her self-respect just because they adopted her and she should be obligated to explain herself to every Tom, Dick and Harry who accuses her.  In fact if she did explain herself, that would actually be an insult to them after the kind of upbringing they have given her.  Honestly when she questioned kunal on the engagement day, I did wonder if this is actually the right time to question him after such a long time, especially since she was already being blamed to be creating obstacles in the marriage.  Then I realized how much I have gotten used to a FL being accused/humiliated/apologizing even when not in mistake.  So to me as a lady the fact that mishti has always and always stood up for her self-respect and she has never required anyone to stand up for her, even badepapa, badima or Abir makes her truly one of a kind FL.

I haven’t seen Rhea’s previous shows, but just had an open mind and oh boy she definitely is living up to the character.  She is owning the character and day-by-day shining.  Great choice by the makers of the show.

My only wish would be that the makers don’t ruin her character in the future and turn her into the annoying FLs of ITV.  Fingers crossed, let me hope...

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Onyourface thumbnail
Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Very nice San....

Mishti is like a breath of fresh air...very very relatable character

socioboss9797 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sanleema

Honestly I started this show only because I love kuch rang and Shaheer’s acting was outstanding in that show.  I never even knew the rest of the cast in this show, but really every single one is performing really well, be it the leads or the characters.

Coming to my title - Mishti.  In all the time I have watched ITV and it’s FLs, there have been only 2 categories- the slightly annoying, good-at-heart but totally dumb, ready-to-sacrificing at the drop of a hat FLs or the know-it-all, I’m the epitome of righteousness, interfering (even when it’s none of their goddamn business) super annoying FLs.  I have so gotten used to seeing these FLs being either a pompous heroine whose righteousness always takes precedence before any logic/relationship or a wimpy heroine drooling over a rich/handsome/manhandling jerk.

So for me Mishti is a nothing short of a revelation at this point in time in ITV.  This is the first time I’m getting to see a FL who puts her self-respect in front of everything, even before her adoptive family.  I’m so glad that she doesn’t sacrifice her self-respect just because they adopted her and she should be obligated to explain herself to every Tom, Dick and Harry who accuses her.  In fact if she did explain herself, that would actually be an insult to them after the kind of upbringing they have given her.  Honestly when she questioned kunal on the engagement day, I did wonder if this is actually the right time to question him after such a long time, especially since she was already being blamed to be creating obstacles in the marriage.  Then I realized how much I have gotten used to a FL being accused/humiliated/apologizing even when not in mistake.  So to me as a lady the fact that mishti has always and always stood up for her self-respect and she has never required anyone to stand up for her, even badepapa, badima or Abir makes her truly one of a kind FL.

I haven’t seen Rhea’s previous shows, but just had an open mind and oh boy she definitely is living up to the character.  She is owning the character and day-by-day shining.  Great choice by the makers of the show.

My only wish would be that the makers don’t ruin her character in the future and turn her into the annoying FLs of ITV.  Fingers crossed, let me hope...

Totally agree! Very well put!