Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: Loveo2o

Its not as active as before, during 2010 - 2015 IF was n fire

For me it was during 2006-2012

Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Well I guess level of participation depends on hot topics or group of yakking friends who love to exchange ideas ..
vijay thumbnail

Originally posted by: ILuvPrachiDesai

In my opinion IF is dying, slowly but surely.

Change my mind.

Death is a certainty which everyone has to face one day. 

However I believe it's not the case for India Forums in the near future. With the new site getting stable and we do see traffic picking up again. And members getting used to the new site it is just about time that it will get buzzing again.

My only request to our members not to give up so easily on us. We are building a bigger and better site for our audience to enjoy.

And we will not go down so easily.

Cheers,

Minionite thumbnail

I feel that there are several parts to this.

Firstly, IF the way we knew it is dying. When I joined 9 years ago, IF was a place of discussion, of opposing thoughts, of analysis. It was a community where despite our differences, we all could come together to discuss each other's opinions without anyone feeling offended. If I said "xyz is overrated and here's why", no one would just personally attack me. There would be a discussion around it. Today, that isn't there anymore. If I so much as say, "xyz doesn't have much of a role in this show", there will be bashing galore. That discussion has died out. And it's not just on IF, but everywhere. Because of this many of those members who enjoyed the discussions have left. The last time I had a good discussion on IF was for the show Rishton Ka Chakravyuh and even that wasn't as big or winded as it used to be.

Secondly, IF is dying due to the increase in trolling and MIDs. Yes, I'm saying that as a moderator. In a way, this is tied to point 1. Because of the fall in discussion and the increase in "taking offense", trolling and MIDs have increased on IF and everywhere for that matter. This has led to members, who otherwise would have stayed, leaving because they want to get away from the trolls and MIDs.

Thirdly, IF is dying because of the sudden changes and this entirely new IF. People don't take to change right away. It's a fact. I'm not blaming anyone over this. Change has to be gradual so that you don't notice it right away. This update just happened. No warning. Yes there was a thread introducing us to the new IF, but even then there was no exact date given because of which members were wholly unprepared for the sudden change. Additionally, when this new IF was launched, there were many issues, which people just couldn't keep dealing with and slowly they have left. I get it. Any launch has some glitches. But not everyone can work around glitches, especially when they get in their way of having a proper conversation. I'm not blaming anyone. Stuff happens.

That being said, IF is dying and isn't dying at the same time. The IF that we knew: discussions, activities, competitions, various teams (such as CC and BC and Newsletters), etc. This is all disappearing. In its place, we're getting a new IF. But yes, that IF is not as big as the old IF was and probably never will be.

Edited by Metis - 4 years ago