Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

chinnuyadu14 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Do u always have the frame set n do find n replace?! If u don't like an actor n doesn't know ABCs of show making or acting kindly do not...now u will say I have seen enough shows to know what is what.. yeah seeing all the shows on Indian TV are considered to be a valid qualification to rant about an actor

Focus on the ban coming on Messi..also world cup...oops Bangladesh is kicked out of wc...it's okay... meanwhile go n watch edt a gazillion time n rub a rabbit foot maybe it will reverse the timeline create a multiverse in which Ur theories fit in.

Pls trp is measured for shows watched in Indian boundaries

NotATVBuff thumbnail

Originally posted by: chinnuyadu14

Do u always have the frame set n do find n replace?! If u don't like an actor n doesn't know ABCs of show making or acting kindly do not...now u will say I have seen enough shows to know what is what.. yeah seeing all the shows on Indian TV are considered to be a valid qualification to rant about an actor

Focus on the ban coming on Messi..also world cup...oops Bangladesh is kicked out of wc...it's okay... meanwhile go n watch edt a gazillion time n rub a rabbit foot maybe it will reverse the timeline create a multiverse in which Ur theories fit in.

Pls trp is measured for shows watched in Indian boundaries

Whatever this means but I am guessing we are not on the same page about many things, hence this. But thanks!

Edited by NotATVBuff - 4 years ago
urmita thumbnail

Kavach is getting ruined since quite sometime now...and it has lost the spark....and this has nothing to do with Namik or Vin or any actor's acting skill....they just couldn't manage the story properly and it is sadly going worse than season1...Kapil was interesting , intriguing at first...Angad was a sweet hero...Sandy a middle class nice girl....everything had so much possibilities....now Kapil is the dirty perv I can't tolerate, Angad is so weak we can forget him since he is not even there properly anymore, and Sandy character has lost any respect or liking she gained when show started....and everything in plot is just stupid, irritating meaningless....This season story had so much potential....but they couldn't think up anything good I guess...so now both lead male characters are spoiled and none of the actors can do anything to revive this thing even if they had Oscar level skills...So the real blame from my POV lies with writers and makers...

sanchita1410 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: urmita

Kavach is getting ruined since quite sometime now...and it has lost the spark....and this has nothing to do with Namik or Vin or any actor's acting skill....they just couldn't manage the story properly and it is sadly going worse than season1...Kapil was interesting , intriguing at first...Angad was a sweet hero...Sandy a middle class nice girl....everything had so much possibilities....now Kapil is the dirty perv I can't tolerate, Angad is so weak we can forget him since he is not even there properly anymore, and Sandy character has lost any respect or liking she gained when show started....and everything in plot is just stupid, irritating meaningless....This season story had so much potential....but they couldn't think up anything good I guess...so now both lead male characters are spoiled and none of the actors can do anything to revive this thing even if they had Oscar level skills...So the real blame from my POV lies with writers and makers...

I totally agree with you. The story has lost its spark and it's nothing to do with actors

NotATVBuff thumbnail

Just saw a couple of posts here mentioning that the story has gone downhill but acting is good/ limited by the story. I have stopped watching the show a couple of weeks back so cannot comment on that. 

Just to clarify, the discussion here was more about finding out if the genre expects only mediocre performances from actors even if they have potential/performed better in previous roles. I feel the answer came out in support of this only for Dipika’s performance. Apparently, what comes out for Vin is that has performed better in this genre than his previous roles. The lengthiest discussion has been on Namik of course and majority view is that he is doing good with whatever is given to him.

As far as uplifting a bad story with superlative acting is concerned - it is a rare thing in my opinion but would like to know if there has been any example of this in the past in this/other genre.

Originally posted by: NotATVBuff

Just saw a couple of posts here mentioning that the story has gone downhill but acting is good/ limited by the story. I have stopped watching the show a couple of weeks back so cannot comment on that. 

Just to clarify, the discussion here was more about finding out if the genre expects only mediocre performances from actors even if they have potential/performed better in previous roles. I feel the answer came out in support of this only for Dipika’s performance. Apparently, what comes out for Vin is that has performed better in this genre than his previous roles. The lengthiest discussion has been on Namik of course and majority view is that he is doing good with whatever is given to him.

As far as uplifting a bad story with superlative acting is concerned - it is a rare thing in my opinion but would like to know if there has been any example of this in the past in this/other genre.

I would not say a bad story or script, but certainly not up to the mark, I genuinely feel recently Bepannah is an example of how a poorly written story (which started on a very good note though) was lifted up by the brilliant performances, and not only the lead actors but also the supporting actors performed really well. The show had fluctuations in the flow of the story and some serious questionable justification of extra marital affair but somehow even after the bad writing the show was worth of a watch because of the actors. 

Kawach is a sad state of affairs, the writers definitely does not know what the story is actually is otherwise it is unbelievable that a balaji show looks this hopeless just after a month of its start, Deepika got the worst deal because this was her come back show and her character and performance looks plain terrible onscreen.