Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sashashyam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 5 years ago

Dear  Indira,

I can understand where you are coming from. But even in the most progressive of societies, not everything is hunky dory all the time. Love marriages fail all too often, whence a high divorce rate. Custody battles follow, which are very hard on the children. Stepfathers often abuse the children of the earlier marriage - this is as old as Dickens and David Copperfield!- and in the ugliest cases, it is not just physical abuse. Social service workers are often oblivious to gross physical abuse of kids in foster care till they end up dead. 

Then, even in these times of freely available contraception,  there are the ever increasing numbers of children born out of wedlock, often to teenage mothers ill equipped in every way to care for them. I have lived a lot in the West, I have seen a lot of this at first hand,  and I can't stand much of the above either.

In India today, the law against domestic violence is very strong, so much so that some cunning wives have used it to file false cases against their husbands, and get hefty out of court settlements.  Of course real domestic violence has not disappeared, bolstered by the beaten woman syndrome familiar in the West as well, but the tide is turning. 

As for Kabir being thrashed by his father - thanks to Jahnvi, otherwise he would have only slapped him - I don't see it the way I would a child or a woman being beaten. Kabir is a full grown man who.can look after himself.

This said, I find this show unappealing on several grounds, which could have been easily toned down with cleverer scripting.

PK Mittal could have been as autocratic as they wanted him to be without being so crude, and stupid as well. Has he not heard of social media leaks? He could easily have behaved regressively at home, while gaining brownie points with the public by announcing that his son had married a widow. But no, he is so dumb, such a ranting thug, that he ends up as a caricature.

Kavya looks more like an object, not a subject, a woman trying to gain control of her own life. Maybe she will improve, but right now her lachrymose face gets on my nerves. 

Jahnvi is still credible, for she is in her assumed character 98% of the time, like a good intelligence agent. The little hints of satisfaction are very subtle, not in your face as is often the case. But even she cuts corners. Why did she go personally to order PK Mittal's head? It was a huge and unnecessary risk. And anyone might have come in while she is caressing the head, with the bullet hole in the forehead, with obvious satisfaction.

Shyamala Cowsik

Originally posted by: Indira1211

I’m an overseas viewer....and I’m finding this show very regressive in many aspects and hence it’s not relatable...where I live widows and divorced women remarry if they wish to...nobody judges them...arranged marriages ended in my  parents generation...so now very few people if any marry via an arranged marriage,..most marriages are love marriages...and both in schools and homes...children beatings and abuse are not allowed ...so ayubs character is really very bad ...where he beats his adult son so badly...and most women nowadays are educated and independent financially ...so if their husband dies, they can support themselves and their children ..they don’t need another man to support them... I know this is not the case in many countries ...but this is how the modern progressive world operates..so EBSS..does not appear to be a modern progressive show ...and hence it may not appeal to a lot of people...

sravss thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

The major problem with this serial is that it is exact remake of a Tamil serial anandam which is heired 10 years back.... It would have been better if they developed the tracked and had them re written according to the current society and it's ideologies....I agree even today their are regressive people like PK who act to be a very progressive person in front of the world but there is something missing in the presentation which goes not convince this marriage and the drama around it...And somewhere I feel Kaber and PK are too loud and rude to each other in their scene and Kavya with same expression....

For me only thing which interests me is Jhanvi, her character, her past and Dhurv and their love story.....This actor did not impress me in the beginning but loving him and his scenes with Jhanvi..they make a potential couple, hope this serial does not go like the original track....

Deb07 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

I am liking the show. The show has substance. Political angle, widow marriage angle and importantly revenge angle. So far presentation and execution is good. Hope it wil sustain and run. Good luck. πŸ‘πŸΌ 

TeenRose1 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: sammy17

He would not have done the same for someone else. People are forgetting that in the 6 years kabir was in the army he became close with vyom and they treated each other like brothers in the form of best friends. Not only that vyom and kavya in a FB said that from now on kabir is their only family and kabir has known arush since he was born. On top of it vyom then sacrifices his life to save kabir, then vyom requested kabir as his dying wish to accept kavya and arush. Vyom's last words were to kabir saying "Kavya aur arush ko apnaa..." then he died saying apnaa (accept) meaning quite clearly vyom's dying wish was for kabir to accept kavya and arush as his family. Vyom, kavya and arush aren't just anybody for kabir, they were in fact like his extended family and kabir was close to them, but vyom's sacrifice and dying wish was the reason why kabir accepted kavya-arush, and why kavya married kabir. Plus kavya and vyom seem to have no other family anymore given that they eloped and married plus said that only kabir is their family, so I'm guessing both their families were completely against their marriage and severed ties with the couple, but we can only guess that their families severed ties with them as why else would they both elope and say only kabir is their family. 

Who wud ask for such thing? Tamil people are weird sometimes in writing such things. There are many such deaths shown in telugu movies but friends always tell their friends while dying to kind of be there for their family but not to marry. 

Amy142 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: TeenRose1

Who wud ask for such thing? Tamil people are weird sometimes in writing such things. There are many such deaths shown in telugu movies but friends always tell their friends while dying to kind of be there for their family but not to marry. 

Lol, there was a huge discussion about this before.  Anyways,  it's all water under the bridge now,  since the character is out of the story now. 

Edited by Amy142 - 4 years ago